Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stafford CT this weekend - anyone going to be there want to help in a relay?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gigantor, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Gigantor

Gigantor

Hey Guys -
    We're trying to get some parts further south on the next leg of a HAMB relay.

Dave50 will be in Stafford CT this weekend for the races and is hoping someone there or in the area can take a couple small seats off his hands and get them further south.

Their final destination is in PA.

Is there anyone who can help or know of a HAMBer in the area we can try to contact.

Thank you!

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

Nobody, huh?

Bump for the night crew.

3. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Talked with Dave earlier this week. Just need to get the parts to my shop and I'll get them to PA.

4. Gigantor

Gigantor

Thanks Derrick - where are you in relation to Stafford? I'm not too familiar with where things are in CT.
    If we could find one HAMB connection between you and Stafford, we'd be golden!

5. Dave50

Dave50

Got some friends that live in ct that may beable to get them to you derrick raceworks is in Berlin trying to get them there

6. Boldsmobile

Boldsmobile
    from W.Mass

Im at Stafford all weekend.

How big are these seats? Just need to figure if i can get them in my trunk or if i need to ask a friend to put in a truck. Hauler will be behind the gates, not so easy to get seats in once we are parked.

I cant get them to PA but might be able to hold them over in WMass for Derrick.

email is best way to contact me [email protected]

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

Thank you Boldsmobile!
    Dave can attest that they are pretty small buckets... no one knows precisely where they originated from, but they look like bread truck seats or bus driver seats. They sat side by side in my 30 roadster when I brought it home if that gives you any idea of scale.
    Dave was able to slide them into his pickup bed with the tonneau cover down.

8. Dave50

Dave50

Booldsmobile I`m am in the pits aswell all weekend i work on Tour car, I may beable to sneak in for the unload if it was Thompson I would be allset. I was thinking if i could get them to raceworks in Berlin Derrick may know where that is but idk if Eddie would be up to putting these in his truck? just my thoughts

9. Boldsmobile

Boldsmobile
    from W.Mass

Dave, I crew on a SK that runs weekly at Stafford.

My personal car will be in the lot at Stafford. If they can fit in my trunk id have no problem holding them over until somehow they can get to Derrick.

Would they be in your personal car or in your hauler?

Any chance you know the Membrino's? I dont know them but possibly they can get them to Raceworks. I dont know if they would be up for the move anymore than Eddie.

Ryan Preece listed his hometown as Berlin. I dont know him either. Any chance you do?

10. Dave50

Dave50

Hello Bold i do know them and somewhat well being i have a raceworks car myslef.(For Sale) I`m just done racing. I am going to talk to them soon. I have a truck they will fit in anything if they fit in Gigantors car lol. I figure if we can get them to raceworks allstarderrick can pick up there havent heard from him yet to see if it works. Hell if i knew someone from pa and there are a few from pa that race we could get them closer but dont have enough info yet.

11. Boldsmobile

Boldsmobile
    from W.Mass

Dave, if i can help let me know. I crew on the 90SK - right next to the Reliable Trailer. Ask for Pete.

12. Dave50

Dave50

ok will do thanks cya there

13. Gigantor

Gigantor

Thank you guys so much for helping out with this. It means a lot - I really hope it goes smooth and is not a pain in the ass for either of you.
    Have a great weekend at the races!
    Sam

14. Clark

Clark

Yes thanks for the help. Once the get to Derrick we can handle it from there. I'm trying to make it up for their show.
    Clark

15. Dave50

Dave50

No problem here just havent figured out how to get them to derrick he cant get up to stafford on saday. If i can get them to Berlin maybe he can pick them up there waiting to hear his thoughts. Were close though

16. Boldsmobile

Boldsmobile
    from W.Mass

Dave, dont know if you still have these. I pass through Worc a few times a week. Im happy to hold them in West Mass if it helps get them closer to Berlin.

17. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks I will be back down to stafford may 27th i think is the day too, a friday. I am trying to get to berlin and maybe hook up with allstarderrick there might be easier?? But if not maybe we will do the swap. I am also looking at what events are in CT maybe i can make 1 and bring seats with me.Sorry i didnt look u up @ stafford was busy