Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Tudor Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47 Tudor Guy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Hey Dave,
    I hear ya! Glad to have you pop in!

2. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

So once again Its been a while... finally started working a little on hte 47 project. Life has been ridiculously busy, I have been working 80 to 100 hours a week since last november.

But the last few days i finally got around to reconditioning the tail light housings and prepping them for paint. Maybe get them shot this weekend. Also got the electrical part of the tail lights all done so when I install them they can be hooked up. Its not much, but every little bit is one less thing I have to do.

3. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Good news! The 47 is going to glass as soon as the snow melts enough to get it out of my back shed. I have been working on a few bits and pieces between other things, but most of my spare time is taken up with doing bump & paint on a 35 Chevy Master that I am doing for a buddy. I will start a thread and post pics of the 35 project as soon as I work out ao glitch with my computer.

As soon as the 35 is done, the 47 will be the focus and massive hours are gonna be spent getting it done for spring. I have a HUGE pile of parts that I have accumulated to wrap this project up and I am just itching to finish the paint work and get to installing everything.

4. 416Ford

416Ford

It's about damn time :D. I thought I was going to catch up to you.
    Looks like Jeff (Millersgarage) is the first one out. I see he is heading to Detroit with it.
    I just looked back threw this thread and realized we both went to paint in October or November of 2008. Looks like we both had some setbacks.
    Keep pushing forward.
    Dave.

5. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Hey! Good to hear from you. The setbacks for me were doing 3 other cars for other people. DUMB idea! But you know how it is... "Duh, SURE I can do that! No problem!" My wife has forbid me from doing cars for others after this 35... Great gal! :)

The front clips is dang near ready to spray, once the 35 is out of the way. I just need to block it out one more time and do a final prime. then final sand and SHOOT it!

I'll keep you posted.

6. 416Ford

416Ford

Well the good news for you is that you are a bodyman. I paid some a**hole to do the body work and paint on mine.
    This is just one of the 100+ surprises I found in mine.
    [​IMG]

7. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Ah really nice. Too lazy to get out the welder! What a wonderful suprise. Too bad man! Sorry... hey if you want a consult on it and maybe a days free labor let me know, you arent that far away from me. I could run down for a day.

8. 416Ford

416Ford

Well this car has been a sore spot ever since it came back looking the way it did and the a**hole steeling my parts and vanishing. Did find out where he is finally threw a friend of a friend. In Prison:D:D.
    We work on the car one night a week at a buddies house but I will be bringing it home in April to my new shop/garage. I will take you up on this and hopefully catch up to you before then.
    Its coming along slowly but surely since that picture.

9. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Sounds good. Maybe I'll be able to drive mine to your place! HAHAHAH :) Just let me know...

10. millersgarage

millersgarage

well I'm not going as far as you guys are. No complete refinishing, etc, just the engine bay. I'll be in the basement.

11. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

If I make it I will look for you jeff.... Love to check out your car and meet ya...

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Glad to hear that you havent given up on it! After all the crap with the body I was worried you had thrown in the towel !

13. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Thanks 46steel. Yours looks great! Really nice ride!

14. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Are you ever tempted to ask "What was the second?"

-Dave

15. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

16. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

47 Goes to get the windsheild cut and installed tommorrow. Elimiating the divider bar in the windsheild so its a custom cut... He'll also install the back glass and cut the all the side glass for me at the same time. I'll get some pics when its back home again.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  17. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Dropped the 47 off Saturday morning. It was a bright sunny day and my wife went along for the ride. Hauled it on an open trailer and it sure turned a lot of heads. I took a photo of it at the glass shop which I will post as soon as I can get it off my phone...

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

been following your build---nice old ford sedan. a little newer than mine--haha. Marty

19. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

40fordtudor
    Hey thanks! I originally wanted a 40 sedan but they were a little more pricey than what I wanted to spend. I picked up this 47 REALLy cheap. So, thats what I have. AT this point I am not sorry. I LOVE the 40, and always will, but the 46-48 sedans are really growing on me.

20. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Couldnt resist posting this pic from the Glass shop... Love how it looks under those lights. Cant imagine how it will sparkle once I get it wheeled out.

[​IMG]

21. looks very good.
    some day I will be at this point.

Jurgen

22. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Looks good Chopped46! Keep up the good work. All it takes is money and time. something NONE of us have! :) but do what you can, and stay after it, and it will all come together.

23. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Here are a few shots after getting it back from the glass shop Saturday afternoon. Lots of cleaning to do to take it to the next step, I.E. finishing the front clip an installing it. But its getting there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Gosh that's gonna look good.

Will you have her at Cars and Crafts?

-Dave

25. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Well I hope to. I am doing 2 cars at once, and Jim's 35 takes precedence over mine. I am close on his though. Only a couple more parts to paint. I.E. Hood & front fenders. So I should be full tiime on mine soon. Then we will see. We are both hoping to have them done at the latest for K-zoo if possible, Like to have it sooner than that,m but I am entering my busy time of year.

26. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Hey, BTW, if you are around caro some time & wanna see the car, let me know. Happy share it with ya.

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I never turn down the opportunity to see somebody's project. I live in Caro, so I'm generally around weekends and evenings. PM me some time when you'll be in the shop, and I'll drop by.

-Dave

28. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

ok, will do. I will be out of town on business a few days, but I'll PM you my cell number so we can connect.

29. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Made some progress this weekend. Installed the Lokar Shifter, reinstalled the cowl vent mechanism, the power antenna, and the wiper assembly. Also cleaned up the engine, repainted the front frame, touched up the engine, recoated the manifolds, etc. Getting it ready to put the front clip on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Actually a little more progress last night. Painted a little of the interior trim and blocked out one front fender. A few minor flaws to fix and then its ready for final sanding. Feels good to be working on my OWN again. I still have the hood to paint for the 35, but I have more time to work on mine now betweeen things on the 35!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]