Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate 2011 Who's Going???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Apr 7, 2011.

1. adamshumard

adamshumard

Who's going to Pate this year? I'm planning a trip down. I've never been before but I hear it's huge.

2. sun down

sun down
    from tx

are you speaking of the swap meet or museum.. the museum is closed
    the pate swap meet is at TMS April 28 to the first, at least I believe
    those are the correct dates

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  3. adamshumard

adamshumard

4. I plan to be there.

5. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

It's a BIG swap meet. You can easily spend a full two days out there if you're a thorough shopper.

6. adamshumard

adamshumard

can you take golf carts or anything?

7. I will be there for the first time. Lots of walking so I rented a scooter.

8. adamshumard

adamshumard

what's that cost?

9. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

You can ride a bike, moped, or golf cart up until 10:00 AM. After that the only thing allowed are the electric wheelchairs.

10. Mickm

Mickm

I'll be there. Been to every Pate except two since they started.
    It's a great swap meet and a great "guy" weekend with lots of beer and burnt meat.
    Be certain to bring clothing for nice, hot, hot as hell, cool, cold, wet and stormy weather. You can never tell what Mother Nature will throw at you during the Pate weenend. Trust me on this!
    Cheers!
    Mickm

11. hotrodaddict

hotrodaddict

I'll be there with a few of the Arkansas Crew.

12. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Man MICKM really hit the nail on the head. Weather wise you never know. Last time we set up out there we packed up Saturday afternoon in a blinding rain storm. One year we spent the evening in the woman's restroom under the stadium because of a Tornado threat. Another year it was so windy we couldn't keep our stuff on the table. And sometimes you can not take enough cloths off to stay cool. But I've also been there when it was just beautiful. Only handy caped vehicles are allowed to move between 10:00 AM and 5 PM from Wednesday through Saturday. You can rent a handy caped cart for about $ 65.00 for 8 hours. Plan at least two days to see it all, moving at a very fast pace. Come on down and have a good and safe time. It is a special.

13. ElTejano

ElTejano

I spent 2300 dollars once there. Would do it again.

14. sun down

sun down
    from tx

15. Dad and I first set up about 1977 down at the old Pate - always good times and weather....find me (and a tribute to him and Ed ) - row 6 - block 44 space 656-650....not looking to bring out the Stude...look for the super size "Good Times Van".....

16. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

There...

Less than a week away.[​IMG]

17. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

I'm there! its great not as much fun as the unpredictable old location but still good. Picking up my dropped axle from Sid!!!

18. They are $75 per day for scooter

19. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I will be there with some of the other Stockers

20. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

I went there once a couple years ago and sat up a booth. Never again. I have been to lots of swap meets over the years around the country but have never heard as much moaning and whining about prices by walk in buyers as I did there.

I finally asked a few local venders around me and they just laughed. They said they had learned from experience at Pate to jack their prices way up and then let the customers talk them down thinking they were getting a deal.

I did hear people say the meet was much better when it was at the original location years ago.

21. Larry T

Larry T

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.
    Got the itch to swap my Panhead for something else. It's as good a place to look as any, better than most.
    Larry T

22. Elrod

Elrod

Thursday...

23. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

I'll be there on Friday and sat. I have some FE and galaxie parts I'm looking out for!
    I have alot of chevelle chrome trim I want gone!!! Anybody?

24. Freeland

Freeland

About half a dozen of us car pooling up from Austin... Spent close to a grand last year... Dont see why that wont be the case this time... looking out for another mini bike, 57-60 Ford Super Duty hood scoops, as well dashboard clusters, 29 Model A radiator cover, hell an A Sports Coupe body would be super cool too, 60 Comet what have you... and what ever else strikes my fancy...

25. yes - will have "jacked up" prices for the regular crowd of lookers - and the other swap space buyers....let a regular buyer of my stuff get a Franklin quick change right off the trailer for cheap last year - just how it works.... oh - the " Good Times Van's" not making it....bringing Dad's short wide....

26. Freeland

Freeland

Any pics of the goods?

27. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

got out there today. and i must say. beautiful weather. and quite busy for a thursday compared to prior years. walked for 6hrs straight, but i think i saw every space out there. gonna head back saturday to catch the weekend sellers.

and of course people mark up there prices. i walked in the gate at 10am. guy had a air conditioning unit, new in box. marked 200, walked by again 30 minutes later and he had it marked 300.
    then bout 2hrs later he had the 300 crossed out and down to 250.lol thats pate.

28. Busnutbruce

Busnutbruce

Me and my sons will be there all day Friday!!

29. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I will be leaving at 4.a.m I dont need any thing but some new trip overs or some what is it's naw just some 33 chevy stuff !!

30. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'm at space 1013 on 10th street. Selling EZ Cool Insulation and lots of other goodies. Look for the blue awning with the HAMB Sign hanging on it. Got to walk around and found some pretty good bargains. Bought a '40 Chevy pickup for my next project. Payed less than half what the guy had marked on it. Like others said, prices are just a starting point.