Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

man those photos make me wish i could travel back in time to an era when America was so simple and classy and actually cared about who we were, how we appeared, what we produced, and the properties we cared for. these photos are so beautiful feels like they were taken yesterday

3. A few old pics or postcards of Michigan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spent a few Saturdays and a lot of dimes in this theatre as a kid!:

[​IMG]

4. More pics & postcards from around Michigan that I've collected.

Paul and Babe overlooking Lake Huron, years ago. They still exist but have been moved. I think the tower is now gone:

[​IMG]

Alpena, looks like mid/late 40s:

[​IMG]

The old Ossineke Hardware, long gone (but I think the building still stands):

[​IMG]

The Hubbard Lake General Store (still stands, still open) and the Hubbard Lake Tavern (burned down about 10 years ago). These businesses are across the street from each other:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A later pic of the bar, more commonly known as the "Stone Bar". Spent many a post-softball game hours in this place, many years ago!:

[​IMG]

5. Just a few more family pics:

My uncle (left) and dad, about 1941:

[​IMG]

Winter in Michigan, I think this is my dad & uncle about 1942:

[​IMG]

Another one of my uncles, probably summer 1942 before he shipped out for New Guinea:

[​IMG]

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

As others have stated its a 150 2 Door. Also could have been a mod. done by someone in a country where the rear curved side glass was to hard to find.

7. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

1941 Chrysler in the first photo
    1946-48 Chrysler in the second photo (your earlier photos showed they had a 46-48 convertible Chrysler as well)
    1939 Plymouth in the third photo

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  8. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

1940 Plymouth. Not the same car as the 41 shown in the earlier pictures.

9. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Officer Vern Dwelly, Marin County Highway Patrol

[​IMG]

10. i went to school with a David Dwelly in Novato , i wonder if this was his grandfather

11. WOW great pictures guys. I love looking at pictures from the past. keep 'em coming !!

12. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Dunno, could be related. I found this in a stack of pics my dad had. That's all it said on the back of the pic.

13. That's got to be the coolest patrol car ever, a '32 Ford 5W Coupe with a V-8! (Check out the V-8 hubcaps) I wonder if it survived and is still around today.

14. This one was my father in-law's car, the green one was his brother's. I haven't found better pics of the 40 yet, still looking thru boxes of slides.

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its a 1940-41 Plymouth convert.

16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Specifically it's a 41, 40 is quite a bit different in the grill and fenders.

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, being 78, I can tell you that our modern culture has really changed 100%. Back then the women were more concerned that their seams in their nylon stockings were on "Straight" & that their makeup was just so, most time they would be seen carrying a large purse as they went shopping in their nice dresses & hi heels.
    If the women were seen in "pants", it was because they had just came from defense plants working as "Rosie the riveter" or (?).
    Also back then, every faction of commercial travel was defintely a "dress up affair", men with suits & ties, women with nice dresses, hi heeled shoes, purses, sometimes furs, etc.
    Its true that time does not stand still, & time does change---But look at today's travelers!!!
    Sloppy looking clothes, holes in knees, pants down around lower waist, tatoos from one end to the other, skin piercings,----They look like circus side show FREAKS!!!
    Glad I'm an old timer with old memories!!!---------Don:D:D

18. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Don is right! There is nothing that turns me OFF more than a woman tattooed like a circus freak. I take that back...one other thing is a woman that drops the F-bomb in regular conversation in mixed company.

Call me an old prude but I remember a time when women were special and I loved treating them like they were special.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

some women still all "special". haha. Not all out there a circus freaks. But i do agree about the tattoos, choice of clothing today, etc. Our society has lost respect for ouselves as individuals and respect for those around us. I'm not much for dressing up; i'm a pretty simple gal and i've been known to throw some elaborate language around...just not in mixed company. In my eyes, you old timers are so fortunate to see and remember those days.

20. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

She`s shielding her eyes after seeing that wood-grained Corvette a couple posts back..............

21. DuoGlide62

DuoGlide62

raceron1120 , hope you don't mind. I repaired the damage.

I've been following this thread for months. Finally signed up. Mostly into the two wheelers but a gearhead is a gearhead. My thanks to all the posters at HAMB. ..Rick

22. Great job repairing them. No I don't mind if folks share anything I post here, thanks for doing so!

I was going to fix some of the old slides I have too, but I haven't found my software program I want to use.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  23. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

24. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

25. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

26. yellerspirit

yellerspirit