Register now to get rid of these ads!

(Vendor inquiry) Gearhead Enterprises

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rosies41, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Rosies41

Rosies41

Hey fellow members,
    I am wondering if anyone has purchased products (Mustang II rack & pinion) from this vendor and if so did they have any problems with them?

2. Tin Can

Tin Can

I purchased a set of mustang control arms from them. Seem to be OK

3. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

we used a couple of steering boxes from them. great people to deal with. we waited a few days longer than they had told us when we ordered but a couple of days on a custom built box is not a big deal.

I would use them again for sure.

*edit*. My mistake I thought you were talking about Gearhead Cruiser in South Dakota who are great people to deal with. If you are asking about the guys from Iowa then I can say that I have no personal experience with them. That name has come up before, do a search for gonefishin69 or something like that. Good luck!

4. Rosies41

Rosies41

Thanks for the info.

5. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

If there out of Iowa, i'd be leery,they go by a few other names besides gearhead.

6. metalman

metalman

Ummm. My buddy just ordered a Duece grill shell, insert and radiator from them today, talked about what a killer price he got. For some reason my buddy is one of those guys that always gets burned, usally because he always goes with the cheapest price. Stuff is suppose to show up at my shop Friday, guess we'll find out how it all shakes out!

7. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Had a few issues which they would not help with. Their idea of shipping you spindles is to put 2 in a large box bare and let them fight it out from Iowa to Fla. I know my balljoints are wrong. I had to change the mounting holes for the rack as well. Yes they go by multiple names.

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I bought a few 32 shells off them ,Never had any problems with there service or quality ,Sold a few shells on here ,Pat Pryor has one and Ridin dirty has the other one.The original inserts fit theses shells the best ,But like I said earlier ,He's in good hands ,

9. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

10. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I purchased a brake booster / pedal set-up for my '50 pickup. The part was what I expected, price was right and overall satisfied. The shipping took longer than advertised and the packaging was marginal.

I go back to the old saying "good, fast, or cheap, pick two". I would buy from them again, but different vendors have different strengths and weaknesses. This particular one has prices that can't be beat.

11. 32fordroadster

32fordroadster
    from Wisconsin

I have bought several parts for my last two projects from them on Ebay. I have never had a problem with the products or delivery.

12. Normbc9

Normbc9

I do business with Gearhead regularly. I purchase fuel tanks, fuel level gauges and front end clips (Heidt's) and they have always been fair, reasonably priced and very helpful to me. I recommend them as a very dependable parts source. I know they back what they sell. I have done returns with no problems at all.
    Normbc9

13. Rosies41

Rosies41

I did go ahead and buy the rack in question. Price was rite and shipping is as others have stated. So far things look good.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    Greg

14. JVK54

JVK54

I bought a tank an sender unit from them. Seemed like decent , heplfull folks. But the sender unit looked really cheap, and as it turns out the float doesn't really work.(I burn 3/4ths of a tank before it budges, and when it reads 1/4 tank it's actually bone dry)The issue is NOT my gauge and a referred a buddy to them for the same parts and he's having the same problem.
    Anyway, when I contacted them about the issue they tok me to take it up with the manufacturer(TanksInc). I told them that I would, but thught that this was a bullshit move because I bought the sender from Gearhead and expect them to back up the integrity of the stuff they sold. Upon contacting the manufacturer I was told,"Tell Gearhead to contact us and we'll send you out another. They should be doing this anyway because they are the seller" Agreed,..So now go Back to Gearhead (and I'm gettin' annoyed) and it takes them 2 days to tell me the best they can do is that I send them the sender unit as well as pay $8 Shipping and they will send another. I explain that is NOT a solution at this point because I'm not willing to have my car sitting with the tank out while they dick around getting me a new sender they should have gotten to me 6 weeks ago.I suggest that they have inconvenienced me enough and should now take me at my word, send me the part and a return sticker and I'll send them the bad unit . (This is a 30 dollar part for cryin out loud)..and that if they choose not to do that they piss off a paying customer who already referred business to them. At this point I'll just go back to the manufacturer, and if they won't send me a new one..the hell with it..I'll just run what's in there now.

15. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I bought a set of horns from them at NSRA Knoxville last week. The housings are "chromed" plastic but they were his displays and I got them for $10.00 so I can't complain about them for that price.

48 Poncho

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  16. I have used a couple of the mustang II from them and no problems of yet.

17. Bull

Bull

I've got 2 or 3 Deuce shells and inserts from them, a distributor and a few other odds and ends, some from them directly, some from shows and some from eBay. No issues to speak of thus far.

18. carryallman

carryallman

this company is a buyer beware beware beware !!!!! bought stuff from them ,they promised it would fit ! guess what it was nowhere close ! wanted to return said hell no to me ,tough my problem!i dont live that far from them ,would of drove there ? still said no ! co:(ntacted credit card company /they refunded my money ! i always buy from "yogis" now remember sometimes the cheaper price vendor is not the place to buy ! this vendor shows up at goodguys /they should not allow him there ! thanks mike