Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Viva Las Vegas #14 Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRUZN60, Apr 24, 2011.

1. bflo rodder

bflo rodder
    from buffalo ny

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bad Bob
    There were alot of "rats" there last year too. I just chose NOT to shoot them. I don't care for them,and I know most of the guys here on the HAMB don't want to see them either. Seems like you shot a LOT of them. I don't know why you guys who cover shows on the HAMB don't edit out the Streetrods and RatRods......

Great pictures I gotta make it there one of theses years and I would rather see the "rats" then the trailer queens but I can even appericate the work that goes into the queens if you dont like something dont look

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have to believe that it's in the difference in posting a link to his album as he did or actually posting on the board as you and many of the rest of us do. As it pretty well looks like he walked the rows and took photos of each car in the row as he went for the album I can't fault that and don't feel that he is trying to push anything on anyone. Now if he had posted some of the same photos on the board along with Hamb Friendly cars we might have a gripe.

As for the closed hoods, I appreciate that in it's self as I don't think customs should have the hood hanging open and a lot of cars in this batch of photos probably have driver engines and not show engines anyhow. And the simple fact that I hate the look of my truck with the hood open.

3. You have a point,48chev. I post all my pic's,not attach a link. But that's after I remove the stuff that doesn't belong on the HAMB. I know what it takes to post 400-500 pic's from a show,so I see why some guys just put the link up. I'm sure Axle and Tom have to allow a certain amount of the Rats in,to turn a profit,but the quality of the cars has gotten much better.

bflo rodder-VIVA isn't a "trailer queen" kind of show. I'd guess 95% of the cars are drivin there.

4. exartist

exartist

Thanks for sharing. It looks like it was warmer in Vegas last week than it was for last year's show.

I hated to miss it this year, but work had to take priority. VLV 15 or bust.

5. SOLO

SOLO

Great pics! Need to go next year! It's been too long!

6. sir_ely

sir_ely

Sweet, pics...thanks for sharing....

7. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

I'm still more impressed by the variety I saw at LSRU. I'm assuming not all car's were photpgraphed, so I am forming a bias opinion anyway. But from what I have heard and read LSRU is the tit's of all rod show's.

I will be driving to viva 15 fo sho.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  8. BIGGMOE

BIGGMOE

9. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Just sharing pictures of what was there.
    I think all cars look better with there hoods closed.

I had a great time and will be back again next year.

10. Those are some great pics!

11. No Cents

No Cents

Great pics. Thanks for posting.

12. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

BB...thank you vary much

great piont!!sir.

theres more trialered there than you think,and car quaility has gottin better!

13. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

I live here in Vegas and it was nice to see some old stuff out on the roads this weekend. Really nice customs and hotrods, only cars I saw being trailered were a couple of rat rods. Chopped too much and unfinished, beat to fuck, junkyard 350 out of a '85 Caprice with 'zoomies' built out of what looked like the discarded remains of a child's backyard swing set... Hilarious shit; rat rods, the anti-trailer-queen supposedly, have become the trailer queens.

One thing that did surprise me though was how unfriendly the people sportin' the greaser look were. I work for TSA and I know we aren't the most popular folks out there and I get that. But for the most part your average citizen is friendly and nice, just your regular old joe. But every single greaser/bettie (or whatever.. tats, '40s/'50s styled hair, pants cuffed 4 inches... that look) that I met over the past couple days at work was just completely not cool. Say hello/good morning/how was the show and those most I got from any of em was a grunt. The rest would just shoot me 'go fuck yourself' glance and remain silent.

Is that prick attitude pretty prevalent with that group or was I just lucky to meet all 20 of the assholes? Of course the regular guys who went for the event (regular dude with a hotrod shirt, generally older) were all super cool and said they had a great time. I'm only asking because I don't know that scene, hang out with folks into that scene and it wasn't around when I was growing up and doing the car cruise/show thing before I joined the Navy in 2000. Might have been a little bit just before that, but not like it is now, and I was really surprised and kinda disappointed to have that kind of interaction with what I assumed were car guys like me and the guys I knew growing up who are generally really cool friendly people.

14. Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

15. bflo rodder

bflo rodder
    from buffalo ny

Thats cool the viva is a show I have always wanted to get to but with work and 3 little kids I just dont have the time to make it I am hoping to go next year

16. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Was in Vegas for weekend got to do about hour and half Sat mourning lot of neat cars, Great pics.

17. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Hey ALEX,

Please type a little larger as I am having trouble reading your reply.

Love, John.

18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I think to some degree you just got lucky and got the few that are probably just working hard to look tough and keep up apearances. Being friendly to the TSA guy aint in the "how to be a greaser" for dummies book. I also know that for many this weekend is about partying and getting little or no sleep.

I can say that the real car guys I know don't try to "look the part" and are generally good down to earth people.

Don't let the few spoil it for you. Most that are the real deal in this hobby are decent folks and not unfriendly.

19. great pics thanks for posting.
    Al.

20. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Up North we call them Talk-A-Belly's........

21. 21tat

21tat

Thanks CRUZN60 for posting these great pics. The show was excellent this year, open hoods or not!

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

^x2

^x2

I don't open mine unless asked....

24. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Thanks, your cars looked really great.

25. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Thanks for all the pics! looks like a good time. i will make it out there one of these times!

26. A few years ago, I drove some friends to Viva for the show. At about 7 am I was walking thru the parking lot looking at the cars. I am an old gray haired fuck walking around dressed like your typical okie-doke minding my own business. I passed a small group of large cuffed gents and their bright red lipped ladies. As I passed I heard, "Who invited you?". I had no idea they were talking to me. Next thing out of thier mouths.. "Hey asshole. Don't ignore me, Who the fuck invited you?". The fine young ladies (Orca-betties) were pushing one special asshole telling him, " Go fuck him up". Again, I was minding my own business. When we were done chatting, I found that the special asshole didn't care to roll the dice at that time (I'm too old and tired for that shit anyway) and decided it was in everybody's best interest to to shut his face. To this day, That image is stuck in my mind. I try not to "profile" when it comes to the cuffed crew, However, I find that many of them I run across are less then friendly when people such as myself cross paths with them.

27. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Now that they have commitees to decide if your ride is Trad enough to enter certain shows, it was only a matter of time before they had commitees to decide if the particiapnts and spectators were cool enough to enter the area....apparently as a Grey Beard, you FAILED the cool test!!!!

28. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Well said. Same goes here.
    Thanks for posting all the photos.

29. edsel.fi

edsel.fi