Register now to get rid of these ads!

man i am sick and tired of all these storms.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hartmen, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The state highway dept has just closed the road HWY 90 right in front of my house. The Eleven point river is over the road a couple of miles west of my corner. I think its likely as we get closer to the planetairy alighnment that will happen on 12-21-2012 these wierd weather events floods tornados earthquakes ect will increase in occurance and magitude. After that date they will gradually taper off.:eek: OldWolf

2. demmals7ytriht

demmals7ytriht
    from Speer lane

Can't disagree with anything at this point about the weather, even the MYAN calender.......................:confused:

3. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

yea we been gettin lotsa water here, havnt watered the lawn for quiet awhile. Might get some fires from all the underbrush this fall.

4. carnut341

carnut341

Getting sick of the rain and they say it won't stop till Thursday (Maybe!) I'm about 10 miles from the tornado damage and they say it will get rough again Tuesday.

5. G'day, I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to dry my garage out from the spring flood. Finally about had it dried out and got another 5-7 inches of wet heavy snow. Back comes the water.

Drove up North today and had water up to the shoulders of the road for about 15 miles each way. On the way back the wind had switched and there were white caps on the flood water and water was splashing on the car. Water for a couple of miles each side of the interstate. It was a bit intimidating. I took some pictures but have no idea how to post them.

ms

6. i have had to boat or walk in with waders on for the last 30 days , hauled out the garbage with a rubber raft, tiring slogging through the water, rain again next week proabbly will be 30 more days untill road is restored:eek:

takes a lot of resting for me to get through the water, but the wildlife is amusing seen a beaver on the road the last 2 days, its a big mother:D

7. smittystoys

smittystoys

Hasnt rained here in 6 months, wild fires all over the place, we will take a little of yalls rain please........

8. dirtball666

dirtball666

your telling me buddy. i'm in cincinnati. we're getting slammed up here, the rivers are all up, grounds are flooded and i have a half gutted car sitting under a tarp waiting for some love. kind of makes me wanna pull my eye lashes out

9. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

rain rain go away and dont come back until asked for.....

10. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

It will get better eventually... prayers out to those who have lost do to storms and fires.

11. slammed

slammed

Y'all feeling quake/tremors in the New Madrid area? It runs at a 45 degree angle from N.E. Arkansas toward Ohio. Bird and fish kills too. Mo' rain for us Mon. (Iowa) we had a break Sat-Sun.

12. I haven't felt any tremors, I'm on the other side of the state. There was activity around Greenbriar again last week but that isn't part of the New Madrid fault. We had a big fish kill around the first of the year on the Arkansas river just to my west and then there was that big deal with the Black Birds in Beebe News Years eve. Go fiqure...

13. Im just west of the new madrid fault in the ozark foothills. strangely its been inactive? however they had frequent earthquakes in central ark near Guy. 1000 tremors since September! OldWolf

14. Larry T

Larry T

You can send us all of the rain, we won't complain (at least for a while). They said on TV that we're in the driest year since 1917, one of the 5 worst droughts ever. Over 2,000,000 acres burnt and the fires are still going. No really bad fires around here, but you get a faint smell of smoke everytime you step outside.

Took this at the farm last night. I don't have a clue how it started, and I'm sure glad it was out when I got there. It could have burned a LOT.

[​IMG]

And the fire at Possum Kingdom, about 10-20 miles from my daughter in Graham.

[​IMG]

Larry T

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  15. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I hear ya! We'll get one sunny day now and I'll need a harvester to cut the lawn. We only have 2 seasons here, winter & July.

16. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Hot and dry as hell here in TX. Seems like half the state is on fire. There was huge brush fire 1/2 mile from my shop that took out 10 homes, and damaged several others. That was way too close. Send some of that rain our direction. We need it real bad!

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Glad i fixed the leak in my shops roof the other year

the tornado deal really sucks

as far as the rain goes, .it can come....at least i dont have to shovel it

18. Diddo that, Bigchuck!

19. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I was in Raleigh Saturday before last when the tornados went through, Lots of damage around my kids place but not much right in their neighborhood. Drove home to Michigan the next day and I think it's rained every day but one since we've been home. Standing water in the yards and forecast for rain the next four days at least. I must admit rain is better then tornados. :rolleyes:

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Forcast here is for rain through Thursday. By the time it dries up enough to mow the lawn I'll need a herd of sheep to chew down the top 10 inches just so I can mow to even it out.

Frank

21. Water still rising here. Now The Elevenpoint Is only a mile from my corner. It,s now over hwy 93 north of here as well a hwy 90. The Black river to the north east is overtopping the levee.They are predicting more rain later today. nothing of ours is in danger however our river bottom land is under water. It will dry out eventually. OldWolf

22. A great Hot Rod site and all you guys can do is talk about the weather. If we didnt work in the rain it wouldnt get done around here.

23. sololobo

sololobo

Cheer up brother, we just can't control that Momma Nature, relief soon come man. Stay the course, it will all be ok. ~sololobo~

24. scrubba

scrubba

I must admit , folks that need rain can't buy it . Folks that need a tornado get one anyway ! It's messed up.................... scrubba :eek:

25. IT has stopped raining for the moment:). Just went and Took some pictures. OldWolf

Attached Files:

26. Larry T

Larry T

Kind of OT, but I think in the future there will probably be infastructure to move water around from places that have too much to places that don't have enough.

Larry T

27. Mom sent me this last night from Poplar Bluff, MO. (excuse the quality). This is looking out their back deck. Shop #2 is on the left (has all the tools and 2 cars in there...the 'outhouse' is actually where the air compressor stays). Shop #1 is not pictured but is to the right of the photo. It has the one in my avatar in it.

The water was at the shop floor level when this was taken but came up 3-5 inches after this.....so....yeah.....shit.....

And here I am in Kansas wishing we had a more rain and they're getting more than they can handle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  28. bigbubba

bigbubba

Ahhh the old Eleven Point,I grew up less than 5 miles from it up here in southern Mo. Now live up on a hill above the flood plain for Black river in Poplar Bluff. They have evacuated about a 1000 people so far and the levee's are leaking bad+spilling over the tops in some places:eek: More rain coming today and on through thursday. We were off monday and when i went to work today the water in our parking lot was about 4ft deep

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Rain mixed with snow in Denver and the foot hills last nite (only covered the grass and wasn't much snow...but 12-20 inches of fresh powder in the mountains only 60 miles west)...ain't quite done with winter around here, at least til June...we've had some nice days last week, but you never know what ol' Ma Nature is going to toss down on us around here...

R-

30. Right now there is exterme flooding of historical proportions. The Eleven point near my home has went down. However the black River In Pocahontas Has breached the levee. WalMart Is flooded, The County Jail and E911 had to evacuate. Everything below the bluff is flooded except Kentucky Fried Chicken They have a sandbag barrier and are pumping the water out. Hwy 67 is closed on both the north and south of town. I was looking at pictures on the KAIT8 website lots of vehicles under water. I need to take the semi truck to Mt vernon Ind but havent figured out a route that isnt flooded. I read that the corps are planning on blasting the levee on the mississippi near Cairo ill and the missouri near Jeff City. And if that isnt enough a tornado completly destroyed a town named Vilonia Near conway Ark. You dont have to be crazy to believe something is up with the planet.:confused: OldWolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.