Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone besides me not care about a sound system in a car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Apr 21, 2011.

1. depends on the car, my sbc converted jag didn't have a radio, but say my ultra exciting toyota camry just needs just a bit more excitement that the radio happily gives...

2. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Neither my 56 f-100 or my deuce sedan have/had radio/stereos in them. I'd just rather listen to the engine than music.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

3. I enjoy my own thoughts and like to listen to the engine. I like to listen to Rush Limbaugh on the radio in the 89 Olds.

4. 2002p51

2002p51

No tunes in the roadster or the '47 Mercury and no need in either.

The '62 Falcon however will be a daily driver and I at least want to hear the news and such while grinding through the daily commute.

The problem I've run into while shopping around on the net is finding a simple radio that doesn't include a CD player and lots of features I'll never use and don't want to pay for. And the used old stock type radios that show up on eBay always seem to include the statement ". . . not sure if it works or not."

5. paintcan54

paintcan54

We have tunes in all the hot rods, have them on but not hearing them, I like the sound of the pipes, just like when the wife rides along, I hear her talking, but don't hear a word she saying.

6. Swifster

Swifster

I have the tunes for my Studebaker. The factory AM radio, an FM converter and an 8-track tape player. Now I'm looking for a reverb unit.

7. Master of None

Master of None

Nope your not the only one. I like music as much as the next guy,even play in a band. But when I'm in my truck I don't need music. I drive my truck to get away from everything else in my life that makes noise.

8. What I can't here you!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  9. Metal Ghost

Metal Ghost

No radio in the '55 Fairlane....came new like that from the factory, actually. I've toyed with the idea of installing a system, but I just like listening to that Y-block too much, so I'm keeping her radio-free.

10. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

My coupe has never had a radio in it and I have never missed it!

11. havi

havi

+1, totally.

12. I don't really care all too much about not having a working radio in my car. I mean I will have the stock AM radio working, but that is it. The only thing about the clone my wife doesn't like.

13. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

No radio,don't even have a heater.It just slows me down.

14. No tunes in the roadster. Money saved and I can't hear it anyway.

15. buckd

buckd

On the road once it settles out at 70mph and I shift into overdrive the beautiful exhaust sound just seems to nicely blend with some mellow Delta Blues!!!!

16. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I have a rather large/loud system in my car, I drive all day for work and I have music going. When I get home I pop my ipod into the radio, when I go into the garage I pop in my ipod, I understand you guys wanting to hear the motor but I could not see cruising around without tunes.

Sam

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The truck has a cassette player but I never use it. I like the sounds of my pipes.

Besides if Conway comes on I'd look so dorky trying to sing along. I can't control myself. Hello Darlin'.... I couldn't hit the notes when I was young either.

There was a time when you would look over at the traffic light and the other driver was singing the same tune on the radio. The older you get the less this happens.:D

18. voodooblackcat

voodooblackcat
    from Pacheco

Just the rumble of the engine keeps me in perfect harmony.

19. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Never a radio in my hot rods, I have enough radios in my work vehicle.

20. For the daily commute, stop n go traffic I'll use the radio but on the open road I love to listen to the exhaust as the rpm's rise and fall. Thats music.

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I added an FM convertor to my old 66 Fairlane AM radio to help pass the time and have something in the background. I have a Custom Auto Sound for the 46 Olds as it looks OEM and since I don't have a complete OEM radio delete insert; otherwise it would be in the glove box.

22. jimbo121

jimbo121

My sound system, has 16 valves, 8 "sound" ports, a foot operated volume control, 3 channels and 250killer Watts of power, you get the picture...

23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

The loud button :D

24. JM53

JM53
    from Round Rock

Tunes are under the hood!

25. Zaq

Zaq

In my 42, there will be no radio.

Daily driver on the other hand, does. Nothing fancy, just enough to hook my ipod and zune up too, i am in love with music too much.

26. Now that I have a weather app on my smartphone, sound systems lose another point of utility.

I like factory radio delete plates.........

27. Spent a lot of years on the road on bikes with out any audio other than the song of the highway. The audio in my rod is not the greatest. Hard to hear. The engine music is pretty sweet. Tunes and conservative talk radio is ok some of the time.

28. dmikulec

dmikulec

Sound system? Yeah...

It's called a Chrysler big block. :cool:

29. jonly

jonly

I'm way too busy listening for problems while driving.

30. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

I have a sound system in mine , has a sub , amp , and cd changer . Hmmm wonder if it still works ??? Don't matter I'd rather listen to that stroker anyway .