Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Speedometer cable to use, C4 to 1952 F1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Invicta, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Invicta

Invicta

I have a 52 Ford f1 with a C4. Currently none of my gauges are connected. What Cable would I need to make it work? What do I need to make the rest of them work? Anything helps!

2. squirrel

squirrel

3. 26 roadster

26 roadster

if the gauges are mechanical, put them in the appropriate fluid, if electric, use the stock sender in the correct hole

4. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

5. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

1991 ford crown victoria 5.0 with aod remember? that truck has overdrive holmes.. unless you driving it in 1st gear again... hahaha..

6. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

You'd better make sure and check to see if those gauges are 6V or 12V also. My 49 are all 6V but the system im building is 12V and im keeping the stock gauges. You will have to buy some RUNTZ or something better to limit the voltage.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Depending on what cable end the trans requires you probably need one that is as much longer than a stock cable for that truck as the difference between where the cable connects to the trans is. NAPA probably has the cable in their catalog as a universal cable so you probably won't have to pay for a "special" cable. Napa shows something like 260 cables to pick from depending on the ends and the length. https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx
    You can narrow it down by figuring out what cable the car that the trans came out of took and what end the speedometer takes and then find one with both with the right length.
    The stock oil pressure gauge should be mechanical and need a line going to the proper fitting on the engine. The temp gauge may be either and need the sender for the truck if it is electric or the bulb on the capillary tube hooked to the right spot on the engine if it is mechanical. I don't think the amp gauge really cares what the voltage is but there are plenty of voltage reducers for gauges available.