Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you, hamb longroofers!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jangleguy, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thank you Tim! Hope you get half as much fun out of it as I've gotten from the Mad Cad!
    The baddest hot rod on the salt, in my opinion. I'll see you and House and the guys there in a few months. I'll be busy(!), but will make time to drop by the pit and get in your way for a few minutes. Good luck!
    Scotty

2. Nitcat

Nitcat

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering why Amazon sent the delay notice. Can't wait for your book to get delivered!

3. tomcat46

tomcat46

Good on ya Scotty! I just ordered a copy, too.
    See you on the salt.
    Tomcat

4. Just received my Amazon notice...May 6th. I'm sure once I go through the book a hundred times I'll have the need to buy another old wagon. Gas prices? Who cares when you're driving a long one. I kinda like dem long ruuffs.

Attached Files:

5. ...ordered mine thru Barnes & Noble; just got a notice it's delayed til first week of May, which ain't that far away now....can't wait.

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I have had cool wagons for 30 yrs way before it was fashionable and I still have 4 bet mine are not in there oh well everybodys got a angle

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Nitcat and Tomcat: Thanks to you guys and all the other cats who gambled their gas money for a copy of this thing! I hope it makes you smile, or chuckle, or maybe even build a wagon...

Mikey: You came by this sickness honestly enough to qualify for chronic longroof disease! Your folks must've thanked the wagon gods for designing these things, after having 12 of you kids to haul around! For the record, all of Mikey's sibling are stripers and wagoneers.

Rusty 1: Good attitude. Thanks for buying the book (now I can get groceries!). Please give me some honest feedback when you get a look at it, okay?

Rosco: You sound like a pretty hardcore case! You did a good job of keeping 'wagon cool' a secret for 30 years, but the cat's out of the bag now! Better hang onto those last 4!

8. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Hope that Chapters book store carrys it will be getting one soon as i see it

Attached Files:

9. jangleguy

jangleguy

Yikes! Love your Falcon, Woody! I almost said that wrong...

I'm not familiar with Chapters, but if they're a major chain, they should have it.
    Thanks for your interest, Woody! Better fry rubber down to Chapters and check it out!

10. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, cant wait to see it.
    [​IMG]

11. jangleguy

jangleguy

Buikwag: Thank you! Hope you dig it. And I hope every one of you who already have wagons drive them to the bookstore to pick up your copy - I just had a vision of this book riding home in the passenger seat of these wagons. This makes me smile...

12. Hey Scotty, go write something!! You do have way with words. Must be the Oregon wetlands. All we have right now is drought and no Texas bluebonnets.

Seaking of wet...my brother recently moved to Chrystal City, CA. He says it's too damp and those big waves he and the fam experienced a few months ago scared the heck out of him. Had their RV parked near the marina that took the brunt of the tsunami. The cops were beating on the door just before the waves rolled in telling them to get out of the way! They got out of the danger zone safely. My sis-in-law told him it's time to move to Redding.

13. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

lol chapters is a major player up here so hope they have it looking for some ideas on painting the roof a differant colour...leaning now to just black metalflake on the roof and scoop..cant wait to see the book

14. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hopefully the bluebonnets and wagon books will bloom next week from Oshawa to Austin.
    Barring a tsunami, of course...

15. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats on the finished book. Looking forward to obtaining a copy. I have the Longroof fever. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

16. dmikulec

dmikulec

I built my first wagon back in '77 - a '63 Plymouth Belvedere. Flat black, blacked out side windows, max wedge wheels, rings and poverty caps, 64 hemi scoop... she was a fun ride.

Gonna go order the book now. :cool:

17. jangleguy

jangleguy

Sololobo: Your Mopar shoulda been in the book! Next time?

dmikulec: Thanks for ordering! That Belvedere sounds pretty cool. There's a very similar one in the book, with a fun story... Enjoy!
    Scotty

18. dmikulec

dmikulec

Looking forward to getting the book. :cool:

Just checked my order and Amazon says I should get it May 12 - 16th.

19. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks again for ordering up a copy, dmikulec! So, the 12th to the 16th, eh? Man, that's a month behind schedule. Again, my apologies to those who've been waiting on this thing. I sure hope it's worth the wait to you.

While I've been waiting, I've been keeping busy with other projects, but also looking over the wagon book, as time allows. It isn't perfect, but doesn't suck too bad for a first time author, I guess. There's just one teensy little thing in it that bothers me: After my editor did his thing, some other editor down the line apparently had their way with it and changed every date of manufacture reference to four digits - so instead of "Larry tortures the '46", we now have "Larry tortures the 1946". This pops up several times a page and has me frustrated as hell - a total rhythm killer. Maybe this is just part of my secret initiation ritual? Real funny, guys! Anyway, I just felt compelled tonight to put this disclaimer out there, lest you think I was born with some kind of writing impediment. It wasn't me...

20. jangleguy

jangleguy

This just in from Max Power at CarTech: The books are now at CarTech's warehouse. If you ordered direct from CarTech, your book will ship today.

If you ordered through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or any of those guys, it'll be a few more days before they recieve the books and have them on the shelf.

So now I'm bracing myself for your criticism. Please, bring it with the brutal honesty the HAMB is famous for. I need to know what I can do better next time. I believe you're just the people to set me straight on whatever I screwed up. And it's my hope that you find some enjoyment in it, too.

Bombs away!
    Scotty

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

Gonna order my copy !

Can't wait to read it.

22. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks Glenn! Your Nova wagon sure would've looked good in the book, scraping the bumper across the page... Maybe in Volume II.....

23. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

Scotty, Cant wait to see the book. I'm sure your gonna make us all proud! we're rebuilding my girls wagon just for volume II.

24. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks Bruce! Hope you're happy with your story (I dig it). So, another wagon in the family? Weren't you doing a '36 Chevy pickup or something?

25. jangleguy

jangleguy

Went to my local Barnes & Noble today (after a great ride through the countryside in Gary?'s avatar banger T roadster - THANKS, GARY?!), half expecting to see some wagon books on the shelf. No dice. I asked the customer service guy if he knew when they'd arrive and he said I was the third person today to ask about it. He said he's been getting calls about it for a couple weeks. Cool. Anyway, he said they're on order, but still haven't reached their district warehouse yet. Sounds like it'll be a few more days. I felt bad for the people who are waiting - especially the wagon owners...

While I was there, I bought a book that caught my eye: "The Hot Rod Reader" - a collection of short stories (and exerpts from long ones) by Henry Gregor Felsen, Ed Roth, Dean Moon, Jay Leno, Robt. Williams, Robert E. Petersen, Gray Baskerville, Barney Navarro, Dean Batchelor, Wally Parks, Spencer Murray, Jim Jacobs, Bob Hirohata, Mike LaVella, Peter Vincent, Ken Gross and others. Mostly stuff I'd read before (many times), but nice to have in one handy package.

So, to recap: Spent the morning in a 1923 buzzbomb, did some undercover detective work and scored a new book to relax with tonight. Not the result I was after when I woke up, but not too shabby. I hope you had a nice day, too.

26. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today was supposed to be the delivery day but Amazon finally says "Shipped" today and due for delivery now on Monday.

This is going to make my weekend longer. I guess that's a good thing.

27. jangleguy

jangleguy

Paul: Yes, long weekends are a very good thing! Maybe you should spend it doing all the stuff that won't get done once the book arrives? Your wagon looks great in there - so far, everyone who's seen it, goes "Whoa! That's badass!" Really.

Thanks for the shipping update, man!

28. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

So Scott, when's the "WORLDS Coolest American Station Wagons" book coming out with my "US" wagon in it aswell this time?!! .... :mad: :rolleyes: :D :D

I'm curious how the book looks. Congrats by the way.

29. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Can't wait to get my hands on the book as well.

30. jangleguy

jangleguy

Well, here's what it looks like, so now you know what to get your greasy hands on. Can't believe I forgot to post this image! Did I mention I suck at promotion?

By the way, a buddy of mine recieved his copy from amazon.com today, so it's happening...

Attached Files: