Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any photos of "Push Trucks"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yellowrr, Apr 22, 2011.

1. I'm doing a 49'ish Dodge flatbed that I am making into a (made up) barn find "auto parts store delivery / FED push truck" and need some photos of how to do the "push bar". From what little I've seen so far, most of the push trucks have had a plate or a plank covered in rubber or a tire tread in place of the front bumper.

Was there a hook or a regular trailer hitch on the back to tow the rail back to the pits after a run?

Any other photos of cool stuff that you've seen on push trucks would be appreciated too!!! For example, was the dragster's number on the windshield of the push truck, or on the side windows, or...??? White shoe polish, I assume? What kind of "stuff" should be on the bed? I have a few old toolboxes & some (dusty & damaged) speed parts that are getting wired down to the deck...

Thanks!!!

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

3. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

4. here is my shop truck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

5. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Saw this duo on the Salt in '09
    [​IMG]

6. Awesome, thanks!!!

I did a search before creating the new thread, but didn't come across either of these. Some nice stuff in those threads!

I'm planning on doing a build thread when I get it almost done, so stay tuned! Mine was an old one ton or two ton flatbed so it has the radiused wheelwells in the front with the extra fender lip added, clearance lights, the "stick mounted" mirrors... But I stuck it all on a 95 Dodge Dakota club cab chassis so that I'd have the fuel injection, disk brakes, etc...

7. RatRoy

RatRoy

A different kind of pusher'....

Attached Files: