Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ignition Help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddy_hoks62, Apr 22, 2011.

1. caddy_hoks62

caddy_hoks62

Im just having a hell of a time. In addition to my throttle linkage problem i am also having ignition problems. I had bubba hot rod shop convert my points distributer to the chrysler/hei conversion with external ign. mod i wired it up just as it was labeled with a .5 ohm ign. coil and i have no spark. does anybody have experience with this set up and could shed so light on my issue. I have tried calling bubba but since its a holiday they are closed i would like to resolve this issue this weekend. anything would be truely helpful. thanks

2. If you attached a test light to the positive and negative sides of the coil, wouldn't the light flash as the "points" opened and closed. If so you would know if the ignition trigger was working. With out that, nothing else matters.

3. Ole don

Ole don

I wired one of those ignitions from a schematic. Follow your wires, check voltage going into the box, check your grounds. Once it works, it will be trouble free. Maybe get another set of eyes to watch you sort it.

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

send him a PM... i'm sure he'll get it and help you out.

5. caddy_hoks62

caddy_hoks62

anyone have a diagram or remember how they are wired i have the way i did it the way the wires were tagged. maybe i did something wrong.

6. caddy_hoks62

caddy_hoks62

talked with linder he said to run a wire from the battery to the module ground or the distributer and if that didnt work to reverse it coming out of the distributer. i get off work soon so we will find out.

7. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus