Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Washington Member

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by octanefam, Apr 22, 2011.

1. octanefam

octanefam

Pretty cool site I must say! Just recently got into the hot rod scene...... I inherited a 1963 Mercury Meteor 2dr Custom from my grandparents. Car has been in the family since day one was bought new by my Great Grandfather in the Bay Area. Car is 100% stock with the exception of the am/fm cassete player that my grandfather installed back in the early 80's. Car has 120k miles, 260 V8, orginal paint, and pretty damn clean inside. Ok now for the pictures......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.....

Just wish I could find more folks with the Meteor

Todd

2. Nice car and welcome from SW WA.

3. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Welcome from La Conner.

4. Welcome from Seattle!

5. Welcome, your family has obviously appreciated the car.

6. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

Nice car and welcome from Duvall, WA - land of webbed feet and wet ground.

7. octanefam

octanefam

Weekend car meets are almost here!! I think Memorial Day Weekend is when they start down in Puyallup. Sunrise Village Saturday evening meets start that weekend and it's only a mile from the house! My five yr old loves the car and likes going to the weekend meets not sure if it's for the cars or the .50 cent ice cream cones we get on the way.

Yes the family took care of the car..... My grandparents have known for a while I wanted the car and when their health started to go downhill they decided it was time to part with it. I was just hoping for more paperwork along with the car such as purchase papers etc but no such luck yet. Going to Cail in a month for a visit so I may look around the house for more information on the car. Regardless I love it!

Todd

8. old tin 38

old tin 38

Welcome from well north of you. Congrats on getting a piece of family history.Great car...enjoy !!

9. Hello and welcome from central Iowa!

10. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Welcome to the HAMB, and the Great North WET from Edmonds. What are your planas for your Merc?

11. octanefam

octanefam

Since I am still new to the hot rod scene I dont know what I want to do with it. THinking just keeping it stock but will most likely will be doing something motorwise sooner than later nothing big but just making sure it's strong.

Todd

12. Welcome from CT! Nice car! Thanks Gramps!:cool:

13. vintagebob

vintagebob
    from tacoma, wa

welcome from University Place and the Narrows Bridge. I have several parts for that car if you need a piece or two.

14. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

Todd,

Welcome aboard. Judging from the condition of the upholstery, that's probably 21,000 original miles, huh? I can't wait to see what you decide to do with it. Have fun.

Mike

15. octanefam

octanefam

Nope it's 121k I have gas records that shows it's 121k...... I have all the gas records from 1978 to 2010!!! Yeah once my grandfather got the car from his father he keep track of all the gas records with date, mileage, and total purchase price! That is probably one of the coolest things about the car.

Thanks

16. octanefam

octanefam

Bob curious what parts you have for the car. Do you have one or did you have one? I love to find someone here that has one! I actually like to see a Meteor Wagon that would be sweet.

Todd

17. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Welcome from Tacoma!
    Join the Northwest Hamb Social Group!

18. farmer12

farmer12

Nice car! Welcome from the Netherlands.