Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Father's Day Weekend Rod and Kustom BBQ - Lawndale, CA (LAX/LBC/OC)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Apr 14, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

I know. LA Roadsters Show and Pebble Beach are the same weekend. But i also know that not everyone is going AND this is a saturday gig.

This is going to be a community type event, family friendly and all that and i would love it if we could get a few if not more HAMB cars out to represent.

10 am to 4 pm @ 4234 W. 147th St. Lawndale, CA 90260.
    more info at www.facebook.com/rodandkustombbq
    email: [email protected]
    phone: 310-973-5019

this is a show thats not a show.... we're going for something more like the boulevardo's annual deal which is one of my fave things to do every year. that being said, because we have limited space on the 'show grounds' (about 100 cars) we are looking to get pre-registration from folks who are planning on attending. we will offer preferred parking for clubs so let me know well in advance so we can make plans... you can PM me with pix of your car(s). sorry guys, no rat rods, death traps, or junkers.

also, clubs may sponsor a club pick if you can come up with a trophy!

we are providing free lunch for all participants, free raffle entry(you can buy more tix if you want), hot rod movies if you wanna get outta the sun, music and al that good stuff. there will be some stuff on sale for human consumption, but no booze allowed. therefore, we ask that you PLEASE refrain from bringing ANY alcohol with you PERIOD.

We are also accepting donations for our raffle if anyone would like to donate. tshirts, artwork, prints, posters, books, whatever you can donate we will raffle. just please keep it clean... (family friendly gig here boys)

all proceeds will go to benefit Hands Of Hope, providing emergency water purification, well digging services, brick making and other humanitarian services to the impoverished areas of Ethiopia.

mark it on your calender, and cruise on by.

2. Man I wish you luck with this but LARS really is a Must Attend for most So Cal guys and Saturday is the biggest days. Gotta think a different day would serve you well.

3. i know. LARS is BIG. Jack Stewart just called and invited me so i SHOULD be there working the stripers deal, but everyone wanted to see this happen so i went with it.

this really is a much more laid back, local, family and friends type deal for those who cant afford to or dont wanna drive to Pomona.

we're not trying to compete and we know what's going on this weekend. just offering a more local alternative.

4. I was just thinking you might get a better turnout if it were a different day, that's all.

5. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

Sounds like my kind of show!!:D Not in to the Big show I like small one's

6. well come on out tubby. shoot me a PM with a pic of your car and i'll make sure you have a spot on the grounds.!!!

we're going to have a real good time. more than anything its a chance to spend a day with your family and friends, enjoy some free burgers and dogs and maybe take home something cool.

Remember ..... NO CHARGE FOR ANYTHING for participants.

registration includes FREE pancake breakfast, lunch ticket and raffle entry.

7. we've got some exciting sponsorships from:
    O'Reilly Auto Parts
    Completes Plus
    Lipstick Bail Bonds
    Quiznos (marine and inglewood ave)
    and we're talking with Nathan's about bringing out their lunch truck for a little bigger variety in consumables.

lots of giveaways and a great raffle to boot.

remember 100% of proceeds go to benefit Hands of Hope Mission Ethiopia.

come on out and have some fun!

8. PM me your email address and i'll shoot you a pre registration. registration includes a free pancake breakfast, free lunch from Nathan's and entry in to the raffle and grand prize raffle. its gonna be a good time!

9. We're a month out, and space is filling up quickly! PM me to reserve your spot!!!

10. just a couple of weeks to go. c'mon out and join the fun.

11. week and a half out.

12. 64sled

64sled

Me and a couple of the boys will be rolling out there :)

so save me a hot dog :)

13. no doubt...
    pm me names and the year/make/model of the cars so i can guarantee your parking spot!

14. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

The one year me and pop decide to sell in the swap meet . . . . Unless you can find a buyer for my Harmon and Collins flathead mag and then I wouldn't need to go to LARS :D

15. AAAANNNNNDDDDD.... back to the top

16. SHow is tomorrow fellas.
    c'mon out and have a good time with us!