Register now to get rid of these ads!

Welders ~Interesting new machine~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by good_ol_boy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. First, I'm not affiliated with this company in any way. We got a bulletin about this at work and thought it was very interesting, to say the least. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with these machines? I'd like to hear about it if you do.

Here's a link- http://www.multiplaz.com/about

2. flattopdan

flattopdan

That is really interesting. hope someone here has info on it.

3. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Pretty interesting info, not a bad price for what it's supposed to do...They don't make it clear where it's made, making me think China? Would be afraid of it were that the case.

4. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

Never seen anything like that. I wonder how it works as well. For 2 grand it better be good.

5. 2g's :eek: Ill stick to my o/a torch and 220 buzz box, probably built in china. looks neat.. but i'll pass.

6. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

Just did a quick google and found that it is indeed made in China, by the Schenzen Co.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

For the record I dont know anything about this unit..
    but my expeience tells me with most multi purpose tools or machines, they usually fall short on "the other applications"
    meaning it probably does one function well, and the others..not so well.

Im willing to be disproved

8. gsport

gsport

i'd have to see it first hand before i'd drop 2K on it...

9. OldGuyOldTruck

OldGuyOldTruck
    from Tampa, FL

Generally, things that seem too good to be true....are.

I'd like to attend a live demo.

10. Hmmm,

Doesn't appear to be any more efficient at cutting than the tools I already have.

11. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Why, It`ll even melt 12" plate up to a depth of 7/16".....................???

12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

and it looks bulky as hell to work with... i'll stick with a few dedicated machines

13. The narration on this video sounds almost like it is computer generated.:rolleyes:

Seems to be more of a home type all in one tool which, as mentioned, rarely live up to expectations.

14. KraQer

KraQer
    from Austin TX

But if you buy now,, they will throw in not 1 not 2 but 3 shamwows.......If Billy Mays didnt promote it,,,, then prob not worth a crap. hahaha

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

for a home shop, a $1000 plasma and a $1000 welder does the same, only better IMO

16. Its the LOTSASLAG 2000!

17. The idea being though that you don't need to buy gas, have a compressor etc so in the long run it would be cheaper. Not saying I agree but looks to me like that is the idea.

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

plenty of plasma rigs have built in compressors, and a small bottle of gas is cheap too... i'd rather have a proven machine(s)

19. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I have found that any tool with a multi-purpose "heavy duty" wrench (as shown in video) is usually junk.

20. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Hahahahaha.

I like that they have all that info about it and not one picture of a sample weld.

21. daddylama

daddylama

trippy...
    can't say i'd be interested in buying one, but i'd be curious enough to try it out.

as far as the multi-use machines go: i got in trade one of the inverter tig/stick/plasma machines made by what i think is the same company in china that makes this thing. used it a few times then passed it on to a friend.
    it was pretty good for what it was... but i already have separate machines that do the same thing and like having the common name brand stuff that has easily found replacement parts and a company to stand behind it...

22. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Sounded neat at first, but I've already forgotton about it.

23. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

what were we talking about again?

24. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Wouldn't spend my money on crap from China.

25. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

then dont buy any new welder... the boards are made in china.

these days, its almost impossible to avoid all chinese goods. sad isnt it?

26. Toecutter

Toecutter

Where in the world did you find a computer made in America?..LOL! :D

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

While the idea may be interesting the technology is a long ways off from being all that they claim it is.

These things may one day be useable technology but not now.

At best it is an expensive toy for a few very limited purposes. It will do a number of different tasks, none of them very well.

28. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

I picked up a Miller Spectrum 625 recently. I had one a few years back at a shop I set up. By comparison from the posted videos, the Miller is easily twice as fast at cutting steel.

I had a smaller box for many years that would barely cut 3/16 and used Oxy Acetylene for heavy steel.

I wish I had bought this Miller many years ago. If you even think you need one, get one immediately. It will start paying for itself the minute you get it. I use it every time I am in the shop.

29. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I can tell you some parts are made in Olathe Kansas, though.

Attached Files:

30. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/tools.html

Welding Tools [Back to Top]
    • Accu-Strike (Ord, NE): chin-operated welding helmet for hands-free welding or grinding. What a great idea.
    • Archer Tool Co. (Keytesville, MO): precision or specialty tools for five primary markets - welding, hardware, automotive, industrial and medical. Available from Archer On-Line
    • Hobart Welders (Troy, OH): all Hobart MIG and stick welders are made in Ohio. (Hobart is owned by Illinois Tool Works). Available from NorthernTool.com [​IMG]
    • Lincoln Electric Co. (Cleveland, OH): (stick, MIG, and TIG welders) welders manufactured at several facilities in Ohio. ( Some product lines imported ). In 2003, Lincoln bought the Century brand, and many Century welders are made in USA. Available from MSC
    • Miller Electric (Appleton, WI): all Miller welders are still made in Wisconsin. (Miller Electric is owned by Illinois Tool Works.) Available from MSC