Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hug your Dad,call your Dads I just lost mine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burnnflamz, Apr 18, 2011.

1. swazzie

swazzie

[I ddint get to make the call. If the car isnt traditional enough it will be next year.
    RIP Dad -[/QUOTE]

We all go on our own time. No matter what anyone else is doing. I'm glad you were that close to your pop. You were a lucky dog. Gods Blessings to you and your family .

2. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

Everybody grieves different. Don't let anybody tell you how to grieve. I bought my caddy exactly 20 days after my dad died. I wish he could have rode in it, but I honor him with it because he always encouraged me. He wasn't much of a car guy, but he always tried to encourage me in my hobbies. I still miss him.

3. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I lost my dad four years ago and it feels like it was yesterday. So sorry.

4. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

My thoughts are with you. Lost mine when I was 17 and he was 44. My avatar is also on a plate I made for the front of my car.

[​IMG]

I was told Mox Nix was on his car when he and my Mom started dating. Was a slang term from when he was stationed in Germany when he was in the army meaning to him "Makes no Difference". What he did not know was what a differnce he made to me. I still miss him today and it was 33 years ago January. The plate was my way of including him in my project. He was a car guy and unfortunately we did not have enough time together.

5. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

May your dad rest in peace

6. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

Sorry for your loss - I lost my dad back in 87 and I have missed him ever since. His ability to do anything has led me to believe I can do anything. I'm not as good but I try.
    take care

7. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

God bless you and yours.

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Sorry for your loss

9. no55mad

no55mad

My dad is long gone and my kids would never see this as they are not HAMB friendly. This title would make a good bumper sticker! God bless!

10. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Sorry for your loss Bro.

11. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

sorry for your loss

12. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My father passed away last July at the age of 75. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer on a Wednesday, and died the following Monday.

13. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Sorry to hear of your loss. Just talked to my dad a couple of hours ago. Called to tell me that he rebuilt a 1956 radiator for a hotrod that my son is building. Made mine and my son's day. Thanks dad, love you!

14. truckrod

truckrod
    from akron,ohio

Sorry for your loss, lost my dad 8 years ogo, lost my father in law 1 year ago today, I miss them guys. Even though my dad is gone I still see him all the time, he seems to be in almost all of my dreams.

15. Topper

Topper

My Dad was a automobile upholster in the 60's. As I was trying to learn he would put his hand on my shoulder and tell me I was doing well or stop me and show me a better way. He passed away 37 years ago and I still feel the pressure of his hand on my shoulder. Spend time with all of your family and friends. Don't leave anything on the table.

16. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Hey fella, I’m so sorry for your loss and my condolences to you and your family. Hang in there and you are absolutely right with the title of this post! You and your family will be in my prayers today.

I too lost my dad and unfortunately I was only 25 at the time. He was 2 months from his 51<SUP>st</SUP> b-day and passed a couple days before Christmas that year (2000). Think about him all the time. He was a Vietnam vet and every time I hear “ONE” by Metallica or “purple haze” by Hendrix I cry. We never got to start on our project, 1948 ford F-1. That’s ok, cause my kids and I will!

Thank you for reaching out to a community for support and also help people like me heal a little more because I can share my dad’s memory with you.

17. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

I know how you feel, lost my dad feb. 26th and my best friend mar.3rd. That was a rough week.

18. vinmanr2d2

vinmanr2d2
    from new jersey

I FEEL FOR YOU BUDDY !!!!!!!!!!
    i lost my dad 3 years ago on valentines day and have not been the same since. we hung out EVERYDAY !!!!!!!!!! old cars,harley's,triumph's,fishing,concerts,party's,..... i don't think of him everyday,"i think of him every damn minute!!!!!!!
    i was blessed with the coolest daddyo you ever saw.
    life is fucked up sometimes !!!!!!!!!!!!! he was only 61

19. FC49

FC49

Condolences on loss of the guy who sparked your love of cars. Love to see pics of his Watkins Glen days. Was he a vintage racer? I may have some pics of him or his cars myself.

Frank C.

20. Johncovert

Johncovert

So sorry for your loss, but thank you for your post....sometimes, seeing that youre not the only one feeling this kind of pain, makes it a little easier to take. I lost my dad not quite 2 years ago. I was the one who was always gone (24 years in the army), but when I found out how sick he was...I moved down to florida to be with him. He was a hot rodder from way back and loved nothing more than to be out in the shop on his scooter while I was doing something. I am blessed that we were able to spend his last couple years together almost every day. This picture shows his last car...a 33 chevy roadster that I was just starting on....He promised me that If i built it, he would drive it. Unfortunately, by the time it was completed about 8 months later, he was too weak to even get into it. He died about a month after I finished it. I am thankful of the time we had left, but I do miss him every day......Maybe someone should start a new post.....showing pics of our fathers (or even mothers) with THEIR old hot rods?

Attached Files:

21. robertsregal

robertsregal

Condolences to to you and your family!

22. sorry for you loss man ...life is too short to worrie about fitting in when you have a family that is part of you

23. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

My heart and prayers go out to you, and your family. My Dad was never much of a car guy. I found this picture of him just after he passed away. Wish I coulda' talked to him more about those days.
    [​IMG]

24. Geeeyum

Geeeyum
    from Garland Tx

Burnn,

My sincerest condolences about the loss of your Dad. I applaud your plea to hug our Dads.

I lost my Dad Jan. 29, 2010, a victim of an inoperable brain tumor. Dad was 70 years old & a pinstriper since 1957.
    Dad would tell me, "son..you need to learn pinstriping..I'm not going to be around forever".....I'd snicker and say....."nah..why do I need to learn....you're NOT going anywhere". Here we are a year and half later & I'm doing my absolute very best to carry on with something he enjoyed & in my mind, mastered.

I miss him & think about him EVERY day, but somehow feel he is watching over me.

James Crawford Sr. - Dec. 20, 1939 - Jan. 29, 2010...R.I.P. Dad....I love you.

My signature that is on my profile was one of Dad's favorite sayings, and along with that..I can sum up how I feel about Dad with words I heard from a song years ago...."if I was half the man he was..I'd be twice the man I am"

Again....my sympathies over your loss.

James Crawford Jr. ( proudly carrying his name )

25. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Condolences on your loss of your Dad. I lost mine two years ago suddenly and uexpectedly. I don't regret any of the time I spent with him even if we didn't agree with each other at times.

If you still have your Dad, spend as much time with him as you never know when your going to lose him. I still miss mine but I know he's in a better place and I was blessed to have him for the time I did.

God Bless.

Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  26. cederholm

cederholm

Very sorry for your loss. I lost mine eight years ago and it still sucks everyday - he never got the chance to meet his two grandkids and they ask about him often.

~ Carl

27. Mikey b

Mikey b

im so sorry for your loss . jeffrey james and myself lost our dad at the age of 54. i dont think i ever was the same after. some one told me once never fill the hole in your heart that you now have because your dad has earned that spot. if you ever need to talk im here for ya. ill keep you in my thoughts. sleep well hes watching over ya

28. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

He'll be there right beside you on every journey

29. abone1930

abone1930

My prayers go out to you and your family, lost mine 16 months ago, and there aint a day goes by I dont miss him.

30. Damn.
    Gonna call dad tonight. Haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks.