Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petecorey11

petecorey11

I believe the 9713 don wayman photo is at victoria speedway in dunnsville ny.

2. Need help guys, buddy of mine has an old chassis and a coupe body. We are looking for any photos of Jack Belsha. They'd like to run it again but try to bring the old history back. I've already thought about asking Marty Himes, but if anyone has any info or photos please share!

3. Rob M.

Rob M.
    from Tucson

Hey guys, I know this isn't a model site, but the reference material you provide is the best. I wanted to share some of my builds, made possible by the info provided by you. I've been asked to do some Long Island modifieds from the 1960's and 1970's. The first one I completed is the Georgie Tet Comet from the mid to late 1960's. I remember seeing this car run many times at Islip Speedway. There are going to be more to come. If you would like me to post them here I would be more than happy to do so, if you feel it's inappropriate please let me know.

Thanks
    Rob

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

4. racemad55

racemad55

I'm fine with it as long as you do some Fonda & Albany-Saratoga models too !

5. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Is that Don Wayman or Jim Luke in post #9713? Car says Jim Luke on door and it looks like Jim on jacket. But I don't know what either looks like. Maybe Denny Z. would know.

6. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

I don't know either. Denny Z

7. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Refer to picture 9013 Well I know its Victoria Speedway, its 2 miles from my shop, and most likely Jim Luke got to be circa '64

8. yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

9. yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

Hey HAMBer's I could use some help with period correct styling for my mod. I have a bit of time on my hands(and a new welder) and I would like to make my bumpers look less modern(while still keeping then functional and safe). IF you have any idea's please refer me to the post, post them here or PM me. FYI first practice is the 30th of april for us(a very kind and enthousiastic sponsor has rented a track just for the teams (12) he sponsors).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Rob M.

Rob M.
    from Tucson

Racemad55

Sorry don't have much built from that area but I did do some dirt mods from Reading. By the way, when we lived back there, Fonda and Alabany Saratoga were 2 of our favorite tracks. Will a picture of a Dave Lape modified at the Dirt Museum be okay? :)

Rob

Lape22.jpg

11. Johnnyone

Johnnyone

Bueatiful job on that car !

12. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Why not just bo back through the thousand or so photos in this thread and find something from the period you want to shadow

maybe like this one

[​IMG]

13. yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

Thanks for the suggestion, that car looks great!

14. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

I am pretty sure Jack's son Jim may still be on LI. He had a trucking company called Stroker Trucking and his phone number was in the phone book in 2004 when I was still on LI.

15. k9racer

k9racer

notice the dents on the bumpers after you mount the new ones take the sledge hammer and add some dents the the car will have some caracture...your ride then no. 123 looks very nice the way it is.. Bobby...

16. Dr. John

Dr. John

I don't know if people will holler or not about the model car photos, but as a fellow modeler/replicator, that's a really nice job.

17. Dr. John

Dr. John

[​IMG]

It still ain't perfect, but I think it's a little better. Never saw this car before, but I really like it...

18. New Britain

New Britain
    from England

19. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Rob,
    I personally LOVE to see models of old Modifieds. I've got some I could post as well, as long as nobody gets thier panties in a wad (it's a long story!).

20. 292belair

292belair

i agree John, I love the modified models!

21. dirtmodcar31

dirtmodcar31

I hope nobody on this site wears panties. Post Your Models so everybody can enjoy your work.

23. yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

Both bumpers are 1983 Troyer, the front is not bad but the butt end is ungainly to say the least.

For K9Racer, the front bumper has a few dents already, I challenged the turn 4 wall last fall, the cement wall unfortunatly came out on top of the challenge.

24. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Yvan,
    I kinda agree with what Modifieddriver said. If you decide to keep your rear bumper, I'd suggest adding side pieces that go out from the bumper corners to almost the outer edge of the tires & then back to the frame for support. If you were running on ashpalt, it might look something like this:

Attached Files:

25. neal78

neal78

that pic of Little Suzie(pic #9589) is at Airborne in Plattsburg, NY. Trombly is on the inside; Gaston Demarius is the 6-50. We go to Airborne quite abit...Neal

26. Rich wanted to know if thongs were okay??? lol:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.