Register now to get rid of these ads!

Petaluma or Turlock Swap Meet - Which One Should I go to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1954vicky, Apr 19, 2011.

1. I'm considering making the drive over the hill from Reno to go to one of these swap meets. They're about the same distance from Reno, but with gas prices the way they are I can only justify going to one or the other.

If you HAMBers in the NorCal area have been to them, I would like to hear which one you liked more than the other. Keep in mind I'm looking for parts for my '54 Vicky.

2. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Turlock Turlock Turlock

3. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

never been to turlock, but petaluma is a good one if its the one around the american graffiti show

4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I'll be selling at Petaluma, and it's a very nice smaller meet, parts quality and quantity is usually pretty good, close paved parking, friendly staff and sellers, and usually very few Power Bullshitters clogging the aisles- I always find a few goodies to bring home- but Turlock should be much larger
    A nice event in a beautiful area with a pretty good selection of parts, put on by the Early V8 club, or a bigger event in- Turlock :eek:

5. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

The Spring/Fall Turlock is nothing compared to the ORIGINAL January Turlock (put on by the Modesto A's for years). I went once to the Spring one just to find out.

6. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

and it will worth the drive in August to come down for the one held at Arco/Power balance former home of the Kings. Just had one here in Sac last weekend and I found all kind of great deals and the weather was perfect.

7. I was there for the Sac one. You're right the weather was great. The meet was pretty good too!

8. Muttley

Muttley

The January Turlock rules, I wouldnt exactly call it a beautiful area though.

9. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I didn't, either, until you had a little "fun" moving my words around :rolleyes::p
    Yep, the Petaluma site is great (unless it just rained), nice grass in the fairground. Turlock is in- Turlock :eek:

10. slodat

slodat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

January Turlock is a great meet!

Make sure you bring some warm clothes, sometimes the weather can be very cold.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a good swap meet is one where you find what you are looking for or sell a bunch of stuff-big or small-last Sunday's swap at Arena in Sacramento was really good. In case you want to save some gas coming from Reno there is a swap meet May 1 at American River College in Sacramento and a show off HWY at Elk Grove Regional Park and another show in Downtown Fair Oaks.

12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

When is the one in Petaluma? Is it the same day as the one in Turlock? May 1st?

13. It's May 15th.

14. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

15. davis574ord

davis574ord

The turlock one in may is the same wekkend asa the rockabilly riot at the grand seirra resort "the old hilton", they have them in turlock every 4 months so your not gonna miss much if u dont go in may!

16. davis574ord

davis574ord

Man, i should really use spell check, haha!

17. lazyv8

lazyv8