Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identify mystery seats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gigantor, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Gigantor

Gigantor

I have a pair of these seats that came with my roadster and I don't know the first thing about their origin and neither does anyone else... Do you know?
    Panel van? Cab-over? Military? Bread truck?
    I saw the other thread asking for seat identification and figured I'd throw these out there while everyone had their thinking caps on...
    They have these neat little screens on the bottom of the seat cushion that allow air to escape when the cushion is depressed...

I'm not going to lie, I have no intention of keeping them unless they have some super cool history I'm not aware of, but if they are the seats for some rare panel van some dude is trying to restore, I'd like to help them find a home.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    By earthshaker5769 at 2011-04-19

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ScottV

ScottV

1942 Henway ...

3. Mutt

Mutt

Looks like early school bus driver's seat to me.

Mutt

4. 1gearhead

1gearhead

50's era custom built out of a grocery cart frame.

5. Almost certainly breadtruck or the like.
    The slots are for adjustment, the hole and bracket would be for the spring-loaded rod to hold adjustment, and the finger-shaped hole for angle adjustment.
    Cosmo

6. Clark

Clark

Does the back of the seat adjust by picking it up and moving it to adjust it? I've got 2 seats out of GMC buses that are similar. They have adjustable backs. Mine look a little newer.
    Clark

7. Clark

Clark

After taking a second look, the seat front to back adjustment is just like mine.
    Clark

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I wondered about he school bus driver seat too.
    The backs and the seats are adjustable. If I knew what they went to definitively, I'd try to find someone who needs them.

Henway... hadn't considered that, you just might be right. ;)

9. Clark

Clark

Mine came out of a 50's GMC Greyhound style bus. I got mine for my roadster. I would bet they would be best sold to a hot rodder. If you were a little closer and I wasn't broke.......:)
    CLARK

10. Mutt

Mutt

I imagine the seats would be the same for a school bus and Greyhound if they were both made by GMC. I used to ride a Greyhound from Ohio to visit an aunt in Florida in the 50s but was too young to pay attention to the driver's seat, even though that was where I was seated (behind his seat) so the driver could keep an eye on me..

I would think there would be some web sites for buses that would show them.

Mutt

11. gas pumper

gas pumper

GMC big buses had the seats made by vendors, American seating, Natioinal Seats, Adams-Westlake and others. Mostly the drivers seat was the same maker as the passenger seats. Probably school bus chassis would have a GM, or Ford or International seat to match the chassis, cause the chassis, hood and cowl and fenders might be delivered with the seat to the body builder.

This dosen't look like any bus seat that I've ever seen. Because of the two s shaped side rails. But could be school bus.

12. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

damn those are cool looking