Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. stevorunner

stevorunner

I know I am joining the party late but i have 2 mopars a 1940 dodge 1/2 ton and a "newer" 1969 Road Runner.
    The truck will be all mopar I have a 55 270 hemi for it and a 5 speed
    and the RR has a 72 440 with a 727

Attached Files:

2. pcm

pcm

50 Dodge coronet 4 dr. All orig drive train, runs and drives great. learn how to post a pic opne of these days.

3. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

On the price of leaf springs, I don't remember how much they cost but I think is was under $400.00 for the pair- which was about half of what I was afraid they would be. If yours are just weak, what about coil spring overloads that mount over the shocks.

4. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

I forgot to answer the question. We have a '47 Windsor long wheelbase sedan, but they have the 8 cyl. chassis because of the extra weight.

5. 390kid

390kid

mikes antique auto camarillo ca, 805 482-1725

6. 4dr orphan

4dr orphan
    from Michigan

I'm gonna replace my 48 DeSoto S11 rear leafs with a set of Posies.
    The down side would be shipping my old ones to Caifornia

7. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

im building a 55 plymouth plaza gasser right now, build thread is in my threads.

8. rancid737

rancid737

Attached Files:

9. heres mine i have been working on, 1947 plymouth deluxe

Attached Files:

10. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Believe it or not,but the best and cheapest place to buy new springs is from J.C.Whitney. Go to their web site and order them on-line.

11. moparjack44

moparjack44

Me like !!

12. skooch

skooch

"heres mine i have been working on, 1947 plymouth deluxe"

That's awesome! I like how you're keeping the trunk emblem, makes a good third brake light. I've wondered how a 41 cadillac grille would look on these cars. There's one on evilbay right now with a buy it now price of $75. (not mine)

13. dmikulec

dmikulec

Wow, this is a cool old thread. :cool: Here's mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. moparjack44

moparjack44

I wish I had seen that picture several years ago, when I built my 48 DeSoto. I kept my "3rd brake light", but I kept in the original location. I think it is cooler where yours in, where the trunk handle/license plate bracket used to be. I did remove that, now have trunk release inside the car.

Jack

15. 53 desoto

53 desoto

Building a 53 Desoto 2 door sedan. It is a 50's style mild custom, shaved emblems, trim and handles. Lowered it 4 inches. I put a Camaro sub frame under it with a 350 Chevy with a trubo 400.

16. old 3rd brake light is going to be my only brake light removed handle and moved emblem down on trunk to use as a handle to lift trunk , going with a hidden cable to pop trunk latch also going to do a peak off of the top of emblem to blend into trunk a couple of inches

Attached Files:

48 PLYMOUTH HEMI likes this.
  17. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Your car is crazy! I dig it big time!

18. I've got a '29 dodge 4 door, but right now it would seem more at home in the sitting and rotting thread unfortunately.

19. dmikulec

dmikulec

Nice! :cool:

20. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Great idea!

21. I saved a 61 Dodge lancer from the crusher had it just sitting in my warehouse doing nothing. I decided to cut it up! So I put together a weekend workshop for guys who have interest in learning custom body mods. Learn to take the ugly out of a car is what I called the event seven guys signed up for a fee we provided breakfast, lunch and safety gear, I started the class off by saying that the roof skin was put on backwards and we are going to fix that right now! They stood there and watch as I trimmed the skin off, trimmed a little off the sides in the rear, spun it 180 degrees and set it on backwards and said there it looks better already! They were stunned of what they just seen but within no time at all I had them all working on cutting trimming the rear window deck lid frame out and slanting it forward raising the deck lid area up. We also lowered the windshield frame into the cowl, opened up and raised the wheel arches and so on. They all had a great time and are looking forward to the next workshop.
    I'll try to post pictures if I can remember how, or you can see it on my Hub garage page in my Auto Kraft Nebraska garage,

22. moparjack44

moparjack44

Just too damned cool :cool::cool:. Keep us posted on your project.

Jack

23. dmikulec

dmikulec

Indeed. :cool: I'm looking at mine with a fresh perspective and trying to come up with a couple unique ideas.

[​IMG]

24. moparjack44

moparjack44

Remove the handle only, and put a lock in it's place, that you can open the trunk with a key. Should not be hard to do, and would neat it up in that area. If you're like me, make lots of keys, and stash one somewhere in/on the car.
    On each side of the license plate light, are those lights, or reflectors? That is perfect/cool location for third brake light.

Jack

25. dmikulec

dmikulec

Good thinking. And yeah, I think the two larger lenses are lights. I haven't looked that closely yet but there's quite a bundle of wires running up to it. I wonder if I could get away with making those two outboard lights into taillights. I want to clean up the whole rear end, including the fenders, and since one stock lamp has already been trashed I figure I've got a good excuse. :D :cool:

[​IMG]

26. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

What do I do with this original 49 DeLuxe. It is original and I do have all chrome and emblems except rear bumper and strips below doors. (note parking brake)

Attached Files:

27. Dark Schwaaade and a B-B-Q samich ta go -

28. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

Just getting mine ready to get sandblasted. 37 Chrysler

Attached Files:

29. moparjack44

moparjack44

On my 48 DeSoto, I welded the rear fenders, and got rid of the welt. Get an experienced welder, or you can warp the metal. I like the taillights, they are small, and not gautey. On mine, I painted the chrome/pot metal same color as the car. Makes it kinda blend in. I eliminated my rear bumper, and made a roll pan. If I had it to do over, I would have kept the rear bumper. An option would be to paint the bumper same color as the car.
    I also recessed the gas filler, painted the gas cap color of the car. Moving it inside the trunk is another option I considered.

Jack

30. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

1940 plymouth coupe. [​IMG]