Register now to get rid of these ads!

Machine Shop in Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panhead Joe, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Panhead Joe

Panhead Joe

I am looking for a quality machine shop in or around Phoenix, AZ that has experience with GMC/Chevy inline six engines, Any advice? Thanks.

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I've never dealt with them, but I believe theres a shop called "Patricks"? in the area that specializes in early GM sixes. They should have a web site too.

3. Panhead Joe

Panhead Joe

There is " Patrick's" in Casa Grande, but they farm their engine builds out. I got the number to the guy they use, but wanted to see if anyone has had good experiences with any others. Thanks.

4. Mike

Mike

Morrison Auto Machine
    5434 W. Glendale Ave
    Glendale AZ 85301
    623-937-4705

They are family owned and run and specialize in older engines, 6cyls, Flatheads, Nailheads, Y-Blocks Etc.

They built my 409 and I'm very happy with it. They have also built several engines for freinds of mine (nailhead, several flatheads) who are all happy with thier work.

I recomend them highly.

5. I will 2nd these guys, the assembled my flatheads and did a great job. The place is what a machine shop should be, more equipment then the little building can hold, stuck behind a car quest parts store with no signs telling you its there. Most of there advertising if word of mouth. And if that isn't enough, So-Cal speed shop in AZ sends most of there vintage engine work to them, thats got to mean something.

6. Panhead Joe

Panhead Joe

Thanks Fellas.

I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday and he speeaks highly of Morrison's as well. They did a great job on his Chevy 261.

7. OlAZGuy

OlAZGuy
    from Phoenix

I use Wilky's on Main and Mesa Drive. Everything my son and I have had done there has been right the first time and on time as promised. I can't imagine I'll ever go anywhere else. Dick.

8. LMDGUY

LMDGUY
    from Phoenix

3rd on morrison. they rebuilt the 322 for our Buick ( havnt started yet )
    but they were very professional, finish the build with the quote we were given, even thou some parts cost more. My friend has had 3 engine built by them and never had a issue

9. Brian W

Brian W

I would also recommend Morrison Machine