Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hug your Dad,call your Dads I just lost mine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burnnflamz, Apr 18, 2011.

1. hellbentbilly

hellbentbilly
    from delanco nj

thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family on your lose

2. felix37

felix37

You are in my prayers! and I wish you comfort while going through this tough time.

3. Hang in there man, I and a bunch other HAMB believers are praying for you.
    Hope you make it to Torquefest, never let'em stop you from driving your rod man...I want mine to look authentic too and in time it will, but no self appointed vintage ref should keep us from enjoying what your Dad and mine gave us, the love for old cars. Enjoy the memories, you're in my prayers.

4. I too just lost my Dad, so I feel you. My prayers are with you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, sometimes it hurts but I know now that he is with me everyday. It don't make it any easier, but just know that he is with you and he is in a better place.
    Scot

5. jrb2

jrb2

So sorry for your loss. Also, it was quite a coincedence that you posted today. I lost my dad 18 years ago and miss him daily. Tonight I visited with three brothers who's dad was my dads best friend. They are sitting with their dad in the hospital and it is just a matter of time till he passes. It brought back many feelings. Remember the good times. My boys and I sit in the garage and I have many stories to tell them about their grandfather. Hopefull they will have some stories to tell about me. Hope you have many good memories of your dad and can pass them along.

6. Tank

Tank

Sorry about your loss man, I lost my pops last August. Think about him every day. May your dad and mine both rest in peace.

7. Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. God Bless.

8. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Sorry for your loss and I know the feeling. I lost my Dad going on 11 years now and it seems like yesterday. I helped him move some furniture on Wednesday and he died in his sleep early Saturday morning on his Birthday. Walk outside at night like i do and look up in the sky and pick out any star and make like that is your Dad. I do it just about every night and in the morning before the sun comes up i tell him Good Morning... Time heals the pain yea but it stays with you forever.... God Bless you and may your Dad rest in peace......

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Sorry for your loss. My Dad's been gone for over 10 years... Hard to get over.

God Speed to your Pop and prayers for you and your family.

10. ScottV

ScottV

I was gonna call my Dad because of the tornados in North Carolina ... but then blew it off because it was getting late ... until I read this ... I called.

It is times like this when I am not sure what to say ... but don't think I don't care ... thought and prayers my friend.

11. Sorry for your loss.Keep the good memories close to heart!

12. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

God bless ya buddy, keep his memory alive, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

13. screwball

screwball

Sorry for your loss my dad passed over 27 years ago when I was 21.

14. movingviolation

movingviolation

Sorry for your loss......
    I like my old cars, but i love my family.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your dad. I was in somewhat the same boat that you feel you are in eight years ago. My dad was having a bout with cancer and I thought I was too busy to take the time to spend as much time as I possibly could with him. He was 83 then. But as your dad was he was a great dad and I have a lot of great memories to hang on to.
    We were lucky as we had Dads, some guys just have fathers or less.

16. Sorry to hear you lost your Dad my deepest sympathies to you and your family .I know the feeling I lost mine 6 years ago and I think of him every day and the abilities he gave me to create with wood and metal . A fathers love keeps on giving even after death. Take care, Rob.

17. Willy301

Willy301

My sympathies out to you flamz, I lost my dad 4 years ago and it is a rough road.

18. bless you all ... thank you so much !!!

19. CustomDave

CustomDave

Sorry to hear about your Dad. We thought we were going to lose my Step Dad (My real father, just not by blood) a few years ago. That was hard enough. Read this and called him and made plans for the weekend.

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

21. gigem

gigem

Been there. Ten years ago for me. It is rough. I still have times when i will think of him and go to pick up the phone. Like pulling off a scab. Happens less now days, but still happens. Hang in there. :(

22. 1ton

1ton

It's amazing that while mourning the passing of a loved one you look at strangers laughing and think...Don't you people understand that I'm suffering? They don't know. But if they did, things would be different. My dad was larger than life and I'm sure your dad was too. I did'nt think of him today yet. Thanks for reminding me. Jeff

23. boutlaw

boutlaw

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad last year, and still miss him a lot. I can't bring myself to delete his number in my phone. Sounds like you and your Dad had a great relationship, consider yourself to be one of the lucky ones as so many don;t have that.
    It does get a little better with time, but its tough. God Bless.

24. HotRod33

HotRod33

Sorry to hear about your Dad......... mine's been gone 2 1/2 years but when I am out in the garage I still talk to him.... It helps me ....

25. 53mercury

53mercury

Sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my mom five yrs ago and miss her more than I can say. My Dad is 86 and has cancer, but seems to be holding up well. I call him once a week and will be taking a road trip out to Wisc. this summer to visit. Keep your chin up and remember the good times. Mike

26. tuki

tuki

man thats rough..sorry to hear about your loss.dont know what id do without my Dad.
    makes you realize its just a car.

27. rustdodger

rustdodger

That is some good advise that you are giving! A call or visit at least once a week is time well spent in my opinion. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That is a tough time to go through. I still miss my dad it's been a couple of years,but 88 years was longer than most get to keep theirs.The car in my avatar was the car he crewed for in my youth that set the fire in me as far as being a car guy. My prayers are with you. I hope you have a good family to share your loss that helped a ton for me.

28. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I am very sorry for your loss. My dad was my best friend and hero. I lost him in '79, he was 60 I was 29. He taught me so much, not just about cars, but about life, how to be a man. I had a big hole where I had previously sent a lot of love that was a void for a long time. Until my children came along, then I had a place to put it. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. Whenever I work on a flathead I open up his old Kennedy box and use his 1939 Plomb sockets, ratchet, and wrenches. I hope he knows and remembers when he guided me through my first flathead, (which had been his) back in '65.

29. Very sorry to hear this bro... There's more on the other side.

Hang on to your faith...

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

I will keep you and your family in my prayers,.... I know this is tough.

On April 10,... My Dad was gone 20 years, (this summer Mom will be gone 10 years) somebody once said, "time heals all wounds",... I'm really not sure about that.

You guys that still have your parents, (and have a good relationship with them) Treasure them,... When there gone it leaves a void, that can't be filled.

If you have a bad relationship,... do your best to reconcile,... you'll be glad you did.