Register now to get rid of these ads!

Austrailian Question (BIG for me!!!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, Apr 18, 2011.

1. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Aussie Fellas, Today a Car dealer fella has contacted us about my 34 Ford car that I have advertised, (( FER CHEAP I think !!! )) Anyway, it is a near perfect specimien .... And right off he is telling me it isn't going to pass the Austrailian INSPECTION....Told me it wasn't boxed (frame) before he even asked, Dual wipers, YADAYADA !!! It was valued at 54to 59-k So I thought it would move quick at 40-K....I don't have to sell it but it owuld help our garage situation but not at the loss of biga $$$$.....He's trying to buy it a lot cheaper and He's complaining about entrance fees into Austrailia Costly improvements ETC....Well since them fancy folks send ''wire Money'' it Makes Paying taxes much more difficult for US dudes....I didn't intend to ever sell this car so I wasn't as particular with saving reciepts ETC.....I'm sure I still have them all but it'll still be a PAIN in the Behindo...///..SOOOoo is the dude leveling with me...and why am I having to bleed over his problem with ''improvements'' as He calls them.....If I buy a used house does the owner have to reduce His price cuzz he's the only cuss on the block without a poo an I wanna pooll....PULEEZE y'all gimme Yo thoughts on this extremely delicate international situatuation.......................THX, Cj.

2. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I would not lower the price because of his importing fees. That is his problem.

3. x2.

He's prob already getting a good deal the way our dollar is at the moment!!

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

it's still for sale ...right

5. brewster55

brewster55

100%

6. Weasel

Weasel

He knows this going in and he is still talking about the buying the car? Even if you paid him to take the car he'd still find plenty to bitch about. I know the breed and I hate 'em - your stuff is a POS and theirs is pure gold - always. This guy is a bottom feeder loser....

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man it does cost some serious coin to get a US built car on the road out here! Our ADRs (Australian Design Regulations) certainly do put a pile off shit on our cars before they think there legal to drive, Engineer reports, all sorts of crap.
    I would also be trying to get the car, any car, cheaper than advertised as well. It may be a good 8-10grand in costs before it can be driven on our streets on top of what you ask.
    We really have to love our cars!

Doc.

8. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Shhhhh!!

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'd tell the buyer to stuff it. He's got legitimate costs, but that's not your problem. Why sell it cheaper just becaue he wants you to?

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey!! I'm not sayin' drop the price! Its just SOP on buying a car to offer a little less?? Ain't it?
    As Nanos said, right now is the time to be buying! He's getting a shit hot exchange rate!!
    Do what you want!

Doc.

11. CJ, he wants it he pays your price or puts in a offer. The shit we have to put up with here to get cars on the road is his problem not yours. Tell em step up or fuck off! A '34 is worth $45-80K here.

12. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

there are a lot of hoops to jump through to register a hot rod over here but they aren`t your problem if he is serious about it he should sort it out himself. saying that if you crate it up ,box the frame and engineer it in aus ill give you ten grand less than you want for it .haha

13. The importer's problems aren't yours. We know what we're up against BEFORE we start shopping.

I'd tell him "good luck with your search. Goodbye".

14. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

No one is forcing him to buy your truck. If he wants the truck, he needs to pay your price. If not, he needs to take a hike.

15. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Why is he bothering YOU with HIS problems?!

16. I just sold my Model A down under and it was a paper hassle, espically if it was built after 1984.............I had all the info from mine since 1976 but still had to prove it to the authorities so they do have time getting old cars in....

17. toddc

toddc

The costs that the guy is talking about are legitimate. Also, if he can't PROVE that the car was built before 1989 he won't get it into Australia - period.

However, these problems are his not yours. Tell him to fuck off.

18. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Man ! What response from you all.....I do appreciate all your input...Thank you thank you !!!

19. If he really wants it he'll pay. Our rego/import cost issues sure as hell aren't your problems. Although a little help prooving the mods were done prior to 1989 will help aid in getting the import approval.

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ah.....Tell the dude in Aussy that yer good bud Seb offered you 50k...Friend aside business is business... Step up or step out...

21. zep058

zep058

it's definitely not your problem and your price should be the price.

What both toddc and Devilrod said in regards to mods being proved to be done prior to 1989 is correct and having a look at your classified ad, that car would defiantly struggle to get approval for import into Australia as is, but thats for him to pay you in full and wait the six weeks to find out (and may be stuck owning a car on the other side of the world that you cant ship home)

here's an example from the dept here in regards to imports

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Example 5, a custom built vehicle
    [FONT=&quot]An applicant&#8217;s vehicle, a 1932 Ford Model 18 2&#8209;door coupe, was originally in poor condition. The vehicle was used as the base for a hot rod conversion &#8211; a popular conversion for this type of vehicle. The conversion was carried out in the US. The body shell was chopped (ie, the roof was lowered). Plus, a different powertrain assembly was installed. The original Ford Flathead (221 cubic inch) V&#8209;8 engine was replaced with a modern Chevrolet (427 cubic inch) V&#8209;8 engine. This required various modifications to the chassis and other components (such as the transmission, driveline, axles, suspension, steering, brakes, fuel system, etc.). The project was completed in 2009. As a result, the project completion date (2009) is taken to be the vehicle&#8217;s date of manufacture. The vehicle is no longer considered to be a 1932 Ford Model 18; it is now a 2009 Custom built vehicle. As the date of manufacture is after 1 January 1989, the vehicle fails to qualify under the pre&#8209;1989 scheme.[/FONT]

22. BarryA

BarryA

What they all said^^

Our currency is worse against the greenback than the Aussie's, my wife left me, and my piles are acting up again - so you'll sell it to me even cheaper right???:eek: Oh and convert it to RHD before you ship, since they are cracking down on lefties over here:D

Doesn't matter what the buyer's issues are - you get to a price and terms you can both live with and you have a deal. That's all, the rest is BS.

23. rodl

rodl

Hey man, you've got the reason for the 'try it on' in the 1st few words of your post - Car Dealer - ever known one to be a straight shooter? That said, when you go looking don't you try to get the price down a little or do you just hand 'em the KY? I hope this doesn't sound like a sob story, cos what i'm trying to say is the 'on costs' are on the buyer! I bought a 41 poncho street rod off a hamber from Tenn in Feb. saw some pix, asked for some more, decided to get an vehicle inspector (hope he wasn't a buddy of the seller) we talked and agreed on a lower price after I got the report. I then had to fork out $50 to the Gov't here to get approval to import. Takes about 3 weeks - did the seller want wait -hell no-don't blame him, I 'd be the same.So I forked the $ + exchange rate, bank fees etc. Transport + insurance from Tenn to LA. If I didn't get approval, my buddy over there was going to strip her down and send it over in parts!!! Still got shipping costs to go! This car is an older resto, and side-on looks nice,but tame if you know what I mean.Wild looking rods, no longer get the nod to import - however you can build one here - WTF! Anyhow when it gets here, I'm going to strip it and put it in a molasses tank, then give a paint job, mechanicals & interior should be OK = I hope! A reasonable buy (if it's in the condition I was told), is now getting pretty exy. But I budgeted for that - hope I don't blow the budget!
    I haven't seen your ad but you should have some idea of the price if you've been watching the 4 sales. If you're strapped for cash - haggle. If not stand firm . F*ck the little maggott anyway!!
    RodL
    Plumbers, Mate! If it wasn't for us you'd be in deep shit.................

24. rodl

rodl

ps not all Aussies are assholes!!
    RodL
    Plumbers, Mate! If it wasn't for us you'd all be in deep shit...........

25. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

just bought a car from Minnesota,spoke to the seller,paid the
    coin he was asking within a day of agreeing to buy,all good,just because our economy isn't completely in the toilet dose'nt mean
    we have to screw our american brothers.go tell him to take a long walk on a short pier.

thommo

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Nah....To make him feel good about the deal, tell him you'd be willing to drop the price $1.00, and not a penny more. Take it or lump it.

As we say, there's a lid for every pot, and he ain't the lid that fits.

HellRaiser

27. I know the type. Honestley this bread is not worth wasting your time on. Tell him to GET F$%KED!

28. Definitely tell him to "get a black dog up ya"

It is getting very hard to get import approval at the moment, takes ages and the rules are getting stricter. No modifications are looking like being allowed, with photos req to prove the car is stock standard.

My car finally arrived at my place after its 4 month journey from the US two weeks ago. Cost me far more to get it here than it did to buy the car. I was screwed by two shipping companies, screwed by Customs, screwed by Quarantine when it comes time to register it I will be screwed by them too. None of that is the guy who I bought the car froms problem and when I am driving it down the road its another type of being screwed I will be thinking about! :)

Selers price is his price, its up to the buyer to accept it or keep looking. You are not responsible for the rules of another country,..bollocks

29. Tell him to go scratch..........he knows what he's getting into. Sell the car for what you can get for it here. If he really wants it, he will spend the $$$$ to get it.

30. Don't know how they are in the states, but car dealers in this part of the world are about as honest and trustworthy as lawyers and politicians.:D

It seems you dropped your price already by quite a bit from what it owes you and all you have to say is that the price is firm. Don't give away your hard work!
    Our aussie brothers do have a lot of stupid laws and standards to overcome to get their rides on the road but that stuff is part of what you budget for when you consider importing from the states.
    Money talks .....bullshit walks. Stick to your price.