Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to h.a.m.b.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 58 Dragon Wagon, Apr 18, 2011.

1. 58 Dragon Wagon

58 Dragon Wagon

I have been into cars since I was 10 years old when my brother started taking me to rod runs. I own a 1958 Pontiac Chieftain Safari Station Wagon. I have owned a 1949 Ford (before I even had a driver's license) and traded it for a 1956 Ford Fairlane that I did a mild custom on, then I owned a 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 Hardtop that I also did a mild custom on then I found the Pontiac Wagon in the paper for $300 and have owned it now for 19 years. It is a daily driver that has taken me the full 19 years to get to what you see in the picture. I am poor so all the work that has been done was done by me and only on weekends and vacations when time and money allowed.

Looking forward to hearing from other car guys.

2. Welcome aboard!

3. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Welcome to the HAMB from SC

4. Yelloblazer

Yelloblazer
    from Missouri

Welcome from Missouri. This is a great Forum.

5. Teej

Teej

Welcome... Love to see pictures of your wagon as I'm a '58 owner too...

6. Man that wagon's definitelyy dragon.
    Nice ride.
    Welcome from Michigan.

7. yardgoat

yardgoat

Love your dragon wagon,so cool Also welcome from Ga................YG
    (SEE PIC ON HIS PROFILE)

8. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome 58 Dragin Wagon from Florida.

Your story sounds alot like mine.

Bought my first two cars a 1949 Chevy and a 1951 Chevy when I was fourteen years old and towed them both home with my friends mother's car and a rope and be steering.

One car had a nice body but the engine was DOA and the other car had a decent motor so with very few tools I decided I was going to swap engines.

Fate saved me as one of the neighbors was a mechanic who stepped in to offer advice and then decided since we really had no tools he started to bring home tools at night for us to use but every night I had to return the tools by 10: PM so he could take them back to work the next day.

We used to work on them under a street light because I had no garage at the time. It was crazy but by the time I was 15 years old I had completed the body work in primer and the car did not look bad.

Both cars cost me $50.00 each and that how it all started for me.

9. Welcome from central Iowa!

10. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier,MI.

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Welcome. Post up a pic of the 58!