Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody have a Nash Metropolitan???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 70dodgeman, Apr 18, 2011.

1. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

Our shop just finished a restoration of a 1956 Nash Metropolitan. We have a lot of extra parts sitting in the scrap bin. Anybody have one? Anybody restoring or hot rodding one? It's a neat little car and it's owned by a big time Hollywood movie star.

2. as close as i got was my 1960 MGA....they shared engines as i recall

3. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

I think they do. This one has a 1500. Not a lot of power but it has a 4:56 rear so it pulls off the line. All those british cars used the same crap.

4. i up graded to an 1800cc out of a MGB, not much power but it was a light car and alot of fun to drive

5. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

I would like to run one of those little brit cars with a 302 ford or a SB chevy.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

A friend just bought one. It's her dream car. It's a '61 I believe.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a 55 ragtop in high school. I had a lot of fun with it but it got me in a few fights too as a few of my classmates thought it was a toy and meant to be the brunt of their pranks.

I think they usually had Austin A-50 engines in them But some may have had A-40's.

8. jroberts

jroberts

I have a friend who has two Metropolitans, one is a Nash and the other a Hudson. I think the only real difference has to do with the hood scoop.

9. I have a 54 convert. I'm having to redo since it was at the upholstery shop when the place caught fire. What do you have? I'm about an hour from you.

10. skidsteer

skidsteer

But does it have a "Motores Prudentiores" Metropolitan Club badge on the license plate? If not, it's not a complete restoration. PM me for more details, I have one NOS, and it is the ultimate Nash Metropolitan accessory.

11. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

I have mostly suspension parts, a rear axle, brake stuff. Not a whole lot of interior as the pieces had to be sent back as cores.

I'll ask the owner about your badge. He has spent $350.000 on the restoration if you can believe it. It's the nicest Metro I've ever seen. It was built out of two cars.

12. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I have fond memories of my Dads Metro. He bought if from my uncle back in 64 for , believe or not, $25.00. I was about 4 years old and I used to love to ride in that car. Sometimes my sister and brother would have to sit in the back and they were 14 and 16 at the time. My uncle wanted to by it back about a year and a half later so my dad sold it back to him for $50.00
    Of all the cars my dad had; Mercurys, Impalas, Rancheros, that little metro is really engrained in my memories.

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

Mrs Happy's 55 metro

[​IMG]

14. ONAROLL

ONAROLL
    from Oklahoma

He has spent $350.000 on the restoration if you can believe it. It's the nicest Metro I've ever seen.

I would love to see a $350.000 (three zero's right?) Nash Metropoliton:eek:

15. skidsteer

skidsteer

16. metalman

metalman

I don't own it but I have Metropolitan in the shop right now. Leathened 15", widened 4" and set onto a Chevette floor pan and front suspension. 2.8 V6, auto and it's tubbed with a narrowed 9". Someone put a ton of work into it, none of it really good.
    Sure has everyone scratching there heads with the what-is-it ???
    I'm just trying to fix some things to make it safe to drive. The owner also has a sweet original Metro, saw this one on Ebay or somewhere and bought it cheap.

17. I have to think that rearend might be worth something to a 1/4 midget guy, or for something along those lines. These cars are popular enough you might find a buyer for it anyways, unless it's been buried in the mud someplace for 30 years.

18. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

I have a friend here that has 8 or 10 of the little cars, he puts blowers and his own disc brake setup on a lot of them

"Doc"

19. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

No one mentioned "the awful truth exposed" thread....

20. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

My neighbor has two, so are you trying to get rid of those extra parts?

21. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

x 3 in the family. stock 60 conv, pro street 60 conv and a stock 58 conv that started life as a coupe. planning to build one for my oldest daughter.

22. i have 4 i rag top and a restored rest weighting for help
    thoes may be sold soon
    wish you were closer
    i am down th the basement
    and yes the 1500 is the same

23. animalat

animalat

I am doing a 62 metro at this time,have a ton of extra parts from auction. Call with what you need may have in my extras. Animal 1-386-328-8221

24. 5window

5window

Wait. You mean $350,000.00? Three hundred and fifty thousand US dollars? That's the more money than brains club president for sure.

25. Not at all hot rods, but I love those little cars so much! I want one in every color... they'd all fit in my yard!

26. Metro59

Metro59
    from Joplin, MO

I don't think they need a SBC. My 1.8L toyota hemi makes it light and fun.
    http://youtu.be/NDstcdCF3Xw
    5-speed, narrowed toyota rear axle, disc brakes, struts front, 5-link rear. 115 top end. Not great power but al LOT of fun to drive. Mostly for all the stares and thumbs up. Love explaining it in parking lots.
    Dana in Joplin

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  27. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

That's just wrong!

28. 5window

5window

So is this:

I don't think they need a SBC. My 1.8L toyota hemi makes it light and fun.
    http://youtu.be/NDstcdCF3Xw
    5-speed, narrowed toyota rear axle, disc brakes, struts front, 5-link rear. 115 top end. Not great power but al LOT of fun to drive. Mostly for all the stares and thumbs up. Love explaining it in parking lots.
    Dana in Joplin

29. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

just bought this one for my daughter. it's #4 in the family--2 original, 1 ground pounder v-8. not sure where this one's heading other than a t-bird turbo 4cyl/5 speed.

Attached Files:

30. elba

elba

My first car was a Metro. ( in 1965, $100 bucks ) 21 sec 1/4 times ,goy beat by an Opel