Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Midwest to Viva Las Vegas trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xoticcustoms, Dec 19, 2010.

1. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

Let me start by introducing myself. Names Derek. I own Xotic Customs in Lincoln, NE. I am really into traditional rods and bikes, unfortunately I have to take on all cars, boats, trucks and bikes to keep a custom shop in Nebraska afloat. My rides include a 54 belair and a '76 Shovelhead FLH, both going under the knife this winter.
    For my 30th birthday I am going to Viva for the first time. I'm driving the 54 and hauling the bike behind it (as they will be matching flat white bodys with metalflaked green roofs). As of now only one other rod going (chopped, channeled '39 chevy pickup). We are Leaving Lincoln on Monday April 18th and going to Tulsa, OK and partying at the Hard Rock. From there we are taking Route 66 to Vegas stopping, staying and partying where and when we want, rolling into vegas sometime Thurs.
    I'm throwing out this invite for anyone who might want to join the convoy. The more people and rods, the more fun it will be. Also need to meet some people around here with the same tastes.
    Got any questions feel free to give me a call 402-525-9929 or if you happend to be in Lincoln, feel free to stop at the shop at 27th and Ost. Hope to hear from some of ya.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. brother, love Lincoln and a lot of nice rigs outta the star city. Good luck on your V.L.V. trip, wish I could trail along have other plans for the time period. Take care ~sololobo~

3. sololobo

sololobo

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. bro. Is that the spot Raceland was in many years ago? Good luck with the shop, lottsa cool rod & custom cats in the Star City. Your trip to V.L.V. sounds great, I have other stuff going at that time or it would be fun to tag along. Best to ya in the shop. ~sololobo~

4. if your taking 66 your going to be runnin through my neck of the woods.. (north east az) Me and my girl will hopefully be going too.. i hope to have my 50 dodge or 55 chevy runnin for viva this year so maybe we will see ya.

5. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

No, a vinyl shop called Auto trim was in it before me. I've only been on 27th and Ost for 2 1/2 years. I was in an old lumber yard building (built in 1923) in Firth before that. Really cool old building. We need to get some things together this summer. I really want to get the traditional rods going a lot more in Lincoln. I'm possibly going to be putting on a weekend long blues, bikes and rods thing by Lincoln this summer. Lots of bands, camping, plenty of booze. It would be great to have a bunch of traditionals show up.

6. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

We will have to do some reporting on our way to Vegas and meet up with anyone who's going and is along the route. Just recruited a 49 & 47 Chev pickups today for the trip.

7. Steel 35

Steel 35

Welcome from another FNG! Just made a similar trip about two weeks ago, wish I could have got a toad lick Harley T shirt :D

8. reverendjim

reverendjim

hey the road devils have already got a caravan goin to viva. starting in fayetville nc and comming through memphis to okc out 40 to kingman and then up 93 to vegas. join us

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Welcome to the HAMB, can't make the Viva trip (sounds like fun though) but always up for blues, bikes,rods and booze. Between Lincoln and Omaha theres alot of like minded folks. Gary

10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, are you guys stopping by to pick me up? :D

11. Sure wish I could tag a long but too many plans already made at this time! Good luck with the trip!!

12. reverendjim

reverendjim

goint to torq fest too straight from vegas

13. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

I definitely want to meet up with this many people as possible but I've never seen route 66 and that's half the point of the trip. It may not the worth the hype but I have to be able to say I drove it

14. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

K so I guess I'm map illiterate cause 40 runs right along 66. We r trying to get whiskey dick out of Texas to play in okc that Monday night instead of Tulsa. Check them out at whiskeydickonline.com.

15. Hell Ya!!!! Torque Fest is gonna rock in 2011!

16. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

How many of you guys are coming through in your group? What day are you heading through okc? We are staying in okc Monday the 18th and we are trying to get whiskey dick from south texas to come up and play that night.

17. elgato65

elgato65

18. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

Hey. Will someone from the road devils get ahold of me? Just rolled into okc. Gonna party downtown tonight. I really wanna meet up with a caravan from here. Derek. 402-525-9929

19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Have an awesome trip. Wish I was going.