Register now to get rid of these ads!

help getting car out of the trees

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrider65, Apr 16, 2011.

1. nitrider65

nitrider65

Hi im need the best way to i hate to said it cut a coupe out of the trees ..
    I used to use it for target pratice as a kidd little did i know then ..:(
    i saw it acouple months ago and its still there :eek:
    any way i cant gett it out of the trees where its resting in one pice..
    whats the best and easyest cutting the car into pices so it can go back to geter later s with out messing up the
    car theres to many trees to cutt down and cant get a truck close to it . any help giving me ideas to do it ive got the cordless sawzall for the job .. the car looks like a 31 for or a 32 but ill take pics and show what im working with
    Thanks for your time
    Bill

2. indyjps

indyjps

cut the car or cut the trees, Id see about a chainsaw for some of the trees. be nice to get some kind of cart back to it to load the parts on.

4 wheeler and a lawn trailer?

3. nitrider65

nitrider65

i would like to cut the car up in as few pices so it can be carried out on a small trailer and them put in the back of the truck i want to save the car so i can put it back on the road .. some day

4. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

Chainsaw, 4-6 people and some sort of pulling vehicle. cut the trees, lift the body over them and put it on its side.

5. nutter

nutter

I would say cut the roof off as if your going to roof chop it then through the pannel under the doors would that be enough to get it out

6. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

lets see some pics, dont take my word i have no idea!!! i would think you would cut it into 4ths if you HAD to... down the center then left to right.. then tack brace and weld it all back together... sawzall would do the trick.. use new blades and change them frequently and as straight as possible. good luck!! but again dont take my word..

7. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

if it is a model A I believe you can remove the rear window panel and upper decklid panel/rumble seat panel, trunk/rumble seat lid, which ever it has, lower rear panel, rear floor. then I believe you may just have to cut the sub frame. that would make the body like a horse shoe shape so you could slide it forward to remove. Is it just the body or is there a frame to? I may have missed something and then to, it may be rusted and hard to remove the bolts holding all these panels together. hope this helps a little bit. good luck

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

9. Pics would help.
    One person job or do You have help.
    chances are the floor is shot any way, half thru the door openings right at the rear jamb. Center sub rails around perimeter and leave it there.
    chain saw anything sticking thru the windows.
    bring some 2x4s and screws for transport braces

10. I know and work for the Pelletier's give Rudy and Eldon a call...the American Loggers can get it out for you!!

11. barry wny

barry wny

Texas doesn't grow trees of any size or value, whack em. Southern pine is shit to build with, Mesquite makes good knife handles &BBQ, that's it

12. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

13. With a cordless 18 volt Milwaukee saws all and two batteries & 32 tooth blade, You can cut approximately 200 inches of single layer 18 gauge.

14. nitrider65

nitrider65

Ill have before and after pics tomarrow and taking tools tape and wood for bracing for the cutts and extra blades and batterys keep
    your fingers crossed :eek::D

15. rld14

rld14

Now this I can't wait to see pics of! :D

16. RDR

RDR

Do what we do in Oregon.....clear cut!!

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

18. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Gary, I love the chainsaw! Can't wait for the pics.

19. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

If it's a Modle A, they can pretty much be disassembled with out cutting it up. I it's a 32 don't touch it if you think cutting it up is the solution.

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Need plywood and a wagon of some sort ,Id cut the trees before I cut the car ,,,,,,,,,,,

21. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

ive seen a transmission before...well that is the tailsection of one buried in the base of a tree. the tree acutally grew all the way around the transmission until only the tail section was left! really old junkyard.

22. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

pictures yet? we are kinda waiting here! haha

23. nitrider65

nitrider65

heres a couple of pics of the car next to where the coupe was
    i hate to say that the coupe was gone i screwed around and waited to long to go back :mad:

Attached Files:

24. thats a tough break.....

25. Wow, that suckers got some thin spots.

26. nitrider65

nitrider65

heres other pic

Attached Files:

27. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

That though is a fairly rare car. Looks like a 37 38 Chevy flatback sedan, which are fairly rare. It would be worth getting to convert a 4dr sedan or a trunk back sedan.

28. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Those trees are hardly very big and I don't see how you couldn't get a truck back there.:confused:

29. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

If those are the trees you were talking about... wow. Those don't even look like trees, they look like tall weeds.

30. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Everything's bigger in Texas.:D