Register now to get rid of these ads!

The re-creation of the Vulcans 32 Victoria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jebs metal and speed, Feb 27, 2011.

1. So cool that you are recreating this car. I have been a fan of your metal work as well and love my shirt that bought from you guys at LA Roadster show this past year and love looking at what you guys bring too your booth every year. Please keep the updates coming and are you going to be at LA Roadster show again this year?

2. PG

PG

outstanding indeed!!

3. swissmike

swissmike

I am not a big fan of Vickys, but the craftsmanship and the overall design of the car are truly amazing. Thanks for shring.

4. customcory

customcory

This is going to be amazing, I'll be watching:D.

5. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Damned impressive Jeb, in every fashion and form. Yours is one of those rare posts that inspires, humbles and gives faith to this old man. So, here you go Jeb, I'm giving you the keys to Traditional awareness and execution. I am confident that you will make us all proud.
    Dale
    Cleveland OH
    btw, you need to get T-shirts listed on your web page so that we may support your affliction.

6. jebs metal and speed

jebs metal and speed

Chevy Jack (hamb member) is an original Vulcan member, he and the vulcans had visited Bill Workmans shop a few weeks ago to witness progress. he started a thread that some may have seen some may have not. here is the link.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559105&highlight=vulcan

A few pics of the car put together in further mock up with primered body at Bill Workmans shop

7. hasty

hasty

Wow, brilliant workmanship, and very nice cage too. Looking forward to the updates.

8. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Good one Jeb. You deserve al of the noce comments.

I had the good fortune to see this car during the different phasses of Jeb's build and it is even more impressive in person. Of course I am a little biased because Jeb built my 36.

By the way Jeb, you need to start a thread on the rehab you are doing on my 5-window. If you guys look closely you will see it lurking in the background of quite a few of these photos.

9. primed34

primed34

Impressive work!

10. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I've always loved the looks of that car. You sure are doing a great job recreating it. Can't wait to see more!

11. jebs metal and speed

jebs metal and speed

Thanks Checkerwagon, your words are to kind but much appreciated! Ill see what i can do. Gota contact my buddy and get him to do it for me. im not computor savy. I just swing hammers

Thanks for the support Ron, Got a great one that will hopefully be ready at the roadster show this year. Will be in the swap area. This vicky is a meer warm up for the one im working on now! Will post pics when ive made more progress

Acme-It was like rehab.......... for Charlie Sheen! we'll see, let me think about it. dont have a ton of pics to choose from.

CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW FOR CHEVY JACK (ORIGINAL VULCANS MEMBER). HE GOT SOME GOOD PICS AT BILLS OF THE FINAL MOCK UP WHEN ALL THE VULCANS CAME TO BILLS TO SEE IT BEFORE FINAL DISASSYMBLY!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559105&highlight=vulcan

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Awesome! Could not have picked a cooler car to clone.

13. weez

weez

Looks amazing Jeb!

I already told Jeb this, but my Dad told me a couple of years ago that he saw that car in a junkyard in Long Beach in the late 60's-

Times have changed!

14. brady1929

brady1929

damn nice work

15. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

16. Noland

Noland

oh wow that things awesome

17. 296ardun

296ardun

I am one of many old guys here who remember the original, the color really stood out at night, and it was loud! The workmanship on the new version is really outstanding, wish I could see it at Bakersfield (heading off to the Middle East instead).

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Will you be using the same tank updraft carbs that caused the strange intake manifold? I loved this car. Very unique.

19. Larry Sutton

Larry Sutton

I was the starter at lions and I remember this car very well and I can say that you could not do a better job then your are doing bring a part of the early day"s back. great job.
    Larry Sutton--Lions Official Starter

20. couverkid

couverkid

This is the neatest build I have seen in a while. Great car to recreate, may be the best looking 32 victoria ever built( it is in my opinion).

21. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Yikes!!! This gonna be a KILLER build!!!

22. couverkid

couverkid

I believe there was a thread on the hamb about the body being in eugene oregon area and there where pictures from what i remember.

23. jebs metal and speed

jebs metal and speed

Tommy-yes, the car will be running the updraft strombers from the WWII tank. the carbs are the original carbs from the original car. Tom (original vulcan member) had them. he traded them to ed isky a long time ago and a few years back went to ask about them and isky still had them, he gave them back to Tom, Tom has donated them to Bill for the greater good!

larry- wow! i bet you have some awsome memories of an increadable time in our race history! Thanks for the suport, if you have any pics or stories of the car please share!

Couverkid- yeah, it very well could be the car. Bill and a few of the Vulcans think so but... Since this car is actually gona race and has to meet the rules of 2011, and the improvements that the cars need now running tires that hook.... having the original sheetmetal and old chassis vs price the man wants for an old race car didnt add up. The vulcans are in full support of bills project. It would be neat if someone restored the actual car but the vicky was a race car then and its gona be a race car now. Its all steel and its mostly Henry metal..kinda! ;)

Attached Files:

24. Fantastic job. This always was a great looking car from the photos I´ve seen. Your new version should be very special.

25. couverkid

couverkid

Love the work you have done,Jeb. The craftsmanship is amazing.Cant wait to see it done. Maybe CHRR?

26. Does anybody know who in Eugene currently owns the body?

27. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I have been refering to a picture of the original car in an old Hot Rod annual as the car I would love to build, but probably would never get a chance to. I absolutely love what you are doing. Can't wait to see the final result.

Attached Files:

• 40%.jpg
      40%.jpg
      File size:
      91.3 KB
      Views:
  28. TV

TV

JEB, as I have always said, you are the Greatest. I have always loved your work.--TV

29. Cole Auto

Cole Auto
    from SoCal

I just got finished painting the car. Beautiful color. This one's going to be nice! Dennis Ricklefs is going to stripe and letter it then it will come back for more clear. I'd post pictures but I don't know how. Damn computers. Hey Jeb, go over to Bill's and snap some pics and put em' up.

30. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

It just aint fair I tell ya...........your skills are beyond words..........I wish I can have your talent....