Register now to get rid of these ads!

zman are you O.K???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Traditions Racing, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Terrible what happened weather wise in zmans part of N.C. I know we have lots of folks here on the HAMB from the area hit by the storm. We are praying everyone is alright, how bout checking in and let us know. Any way we can help? TR.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It's a good chance that they have no power to respond.

3. Gerg

Gerg

ZMAN is in not in town but from what it sounds like his shop and house and kitties are ok

4. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

It was a rough ride. Good thing he was out of town. Geez could have woke up in OZ.

5. Ebert

Ebert

Man, I just got back from Charlotte (NHRA) and the weather was incredible. I hope things are okay for them!
    E

6. I was in Holly Springs for a panel jam. If he had not moved his shop, he would have been in sad shape. Where his old shop was got SLAMMED! Some buildings were imploded in that area.

Glad to hear all appears to be well. The supercells were intense....at least six at one time running from I95 to the coast in a long diagonal! 10 dead in Bertie county alone (north of where I live).

7. thanks tommy, I thought of that a few minutes after I started the thread

8. Thanks everyone for the update, they all need to know we are prayin for them.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm cool, as far as I know everything is fine as well. The old shop on South Saunders St. in downtown Raleigh is about 1/2 there. I was in Syracuse for a wedding, I'm actually on a plane on my way home now... I'm hoping not only is everyone ok, but that no ones car got damaged either.

10. onedge

onedge

Good to hear zman:)

11. Good to hear Zmang!!

Keep us posted.

BloodyKnuckles

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yikes, I've not been watching TV or listening to the radio this weekend. Last I heard it was OK but from the sounds of you guys nasty storms hit the Raleigh area?? Glad to hear you are alright Zman. I've got a good Power Tour buddy, Charles, in Raleigh. I need to call and check in with him.

13. I sure hope all is ok saying some prayers for you all

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I just got home, it was already dark so I didn't drive by anything, but did see a bunch on my way home from the airport. But from the news, 22 dead, a bunch hurt. 62 tornados touched down.

This video is right behind my old shop.

http://www.wral.com/weather/video/9453568/#/vid1076424

this one is around the front.

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

damn, that sucks :(

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. Abomination

Abomination

Holy shit, man!

Glad you and yours are okay.

~Jason

17. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Its bad in the Raleigh area, my wife works in the Emergency Room and its the worst she has ever seen. Lots of people hurt or worse.

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Thanks... got a lot of friends I've been checking on, lots of damage, lots without power and not sure when it'll be back. Trying to do do what I can tomorrow to help. It's a mess. But it could have been a whole lot worse.

19. shocker998md

shocker998md

its not too bad in the new bern area, along highway 70 got some tree damage and power outage.

I was droping a transmission out of a truck during the storm in grantsboro. It looks wicked as hell out side and was super windy.

20. Scott K

Scott K

Little did I know that I drove right thru the middle of that mess Saturday on I-85 south of Greensboro, just after it blew thru High Point. Thought I was going to end up in the ditch....literally blew my Jeep over a lane.
    Pray for the people that got hit or lost loved ones.

21. Glad you're safely back in NC, Scotty. Also glad everything seems safe. How did your friends make out....everyone OK?

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So far as I know everyone is alright. Trying to see if anyone needs a truck or chainsaw or ice or whatever... lots of power still out. I went by the shop this morning, it missed the new shop by about 150-200 yards or so. It went through just to the east of it and then down South Saunders St. I went by the old shop and the roof is gone, the neighbor is gone. It's like a war zone down there...

[​IMG]

23. Thoughts and prayers to the folks in that area of North Carolina.

24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow! Truly scary stuff.