Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Make/ Model Is This Field Truck???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goleafsgo_12, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Does anybody recognize what kind of truck this may be? It would make a cool project (minus the plow on the front, hah)

Attached Files:

2. boojoe

boojoe

That is a military m-37 Dodge Shares some parts with early Dodge Power Wagons. It may have a 24 volt electric system Nice find,pretty much indestructable.May be about 54,but they built these till the 60's

3. 72ssguy

72ssguy

Very cool truck. Unique. Do it!

4. Ya it is a cool truck, I'd kill to do up an off-road type setup, something timilar to the Icon 4x4 trucks, FJ series. Check them out, icon4x4.com. Any ideas what year this thing COULD be?

5. Its a Korean War vintage Dodge M37 built from the early 50s to the late 60s and one tough SOB. They are way under powered in high range with the original flat 6cly engine but in low range will pull a house. The one you pictured has a unique custom built hard top - most had a canvas soft top,24 volt system and water proof ignition system. I have had the one pictured below for 25 years and it always draws a crowd where ever it go's.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  6. Being that you are in Canada it could be a Canadian M-37. They were only produced for 5 years. 1951-55. Around 4500 produced during that time. They look the same as the US M-37, but they have a different trans and PTO system. I think they had a 251 flathead 6 in them as well.

They are built tuff and and bullet proof.

I am looking to buy a M-37 myself when the money comes together. There is a guy down here in TX that has a few US models.

7. Well, it's still got the snow chains on it, so I guess it was "running when parked"!!

Very cool truck- would be a neat project if it could be had..

8. There a guy around here that has one that looks like a restored WW II vintage vehicle but has a full tilt Hemi under the hood. A 528 I think.
    Very cool.

9. Wow, 528 is some serious power, probably far to much for something like that. I'd love to build this truck! Maybe I'll make an offer.. haha...

Very cool truck mark!

10. Thanks - You can pick these old Dodges up fairly reasonable in non operating condition.I paid $500 for the last one I bought about a year ago. The problem with alot of them is there's no title as most belonged to state,county or federal municipals and where never issued a title. I got lucky with my 54 as it used by a fire dept for grass fires along rail road tracks and driven quit regularly on local roads and highways so it was titled and licensed. As far as engine swaps I replaced the 6cyl with a 307 Olds V8-Auto trans and it was a major improvement in cruising speed and all around power.The original 6-4sd set up was about a 45 mph top speed in high range and alot of double clutching. Good luck with your offer !

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Having gone in the US Army in 1961 and having been a mechanic in the Army, I got to work on lots of those things. The Ball and Ball carburetor sucked and there is a roll pin in the fulcrum of the top stick which will break and cause a really long throw to shift gears. Easy to replace but the new one will break soon. Other than that I don't remember anything they did that was bad. The Chaplin's assistant rolled our Motor Pool 3/4 while we were servicing his jeep. We had dialed in a bunch of tow in on the front axle which made it steer as though it had power steering. Had added a heater and blue Air Force canvas. All gone.