Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stumbling up on some stuff..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Apr 17, 2011.

1. 100% suitable for a amazing hot rod. Great lines and classic style. Way more room then a pickup and super rare. Jump on it or someone else will.

2. Are you some kind of negative Troll? Traditional my ass! Go back under the bridge until you have something useful and constructive to say.

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

$4200 for a complete panel?

I think that's a steal and the pre war Dodges are ugly in a very cool sort of way.

Do it

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I think that is a unique ride that I could fall in love with. Could be the ultimate cross country touring machine!

5. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

I would haggle with him if I were you. Heck I'd offer him like $3500-3800 see what happens. You can always come up a few bucks if he wants more. If you get it for $3500 you saved yourself some coin....never hurts to ask I always say.

6. silversink

silversink

bull- its just not the chev. of ford that everyone has. I would take it if you dont. I see a 440 torkflite with a 9", the inside done up real nice in the style of a camper and use the hell out of it.

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Buy it, do what pleases you but keep the cargo area long and flat. That would make one killer PUS*** WAGON.

8. If you think ir's a good deal....it's a good deal. As for whether or not it's "suitable",take that comment with a pound or two of salt, Don't let some dipshit bother you. :D

9. Are those really that special? I found a couple of much rougher ones and no one much seemed to be interested. Not that I figured them to be worth a fortune, but given you could rob a pickup for everything ahead of the B-post, they were certainly buildable.

10. harmless

harmless

Price is right for a complete truck and in my mind even better that there arn't many around (of course I'm into AMC cars as well as my 31 Model A)

11. You know what would be REALLY cool??? To get a 32 Ford roadster and to paint it BLACK...

Dare to be different!!! :) It's YOUR money and YOUR set of wrenches!!!! If YOU think that it's a good deal then it is! I never thought that I'd be doing a late 40's Dodge truck even though I am a huge fan of Mopars. But, I ran across one that was too good a deal to pass up and I definitely won't see another one like mine at the local cruise night.

I also agree with the other guy... Don't do the Chevy drivetrain just because it's "easier". Go find a Volare and use the 318 and the front suspension/disk brakes, or drop the body onto a Dakota chassis. (Contact me if you want "How I did it" tips. I'm no expert, but spent a lot of time trying to figure mine out.) I have no idea how easy that it'd be, but perhaps find an even newer Challenger / Dodge Ram truck.... something like that with all of the cool accessories and make it all work in the old truck? My 49 is going to have Dakota delay wipers, AC, cruise control, ABS, etc. all working as it should, but also hidden from the casual observer. (I can share my solution for connecting the Dakota wiper motor up to the "crab claw" windshield wipers!!! Used nothing but the "extra" stuff from the Dakota too!)

GO FOR IT!!!

12. You know what would be REALLY cool??? To get a 32 Ford roadster and to paint it BLACK...

Dare to be different!!! :) It's YOUR money and YOUR set of wrenches!!!! If YOU think that it's a good deal then it is! I never thought that I'd be doing a late 40's Dodge truck even though I am a huge fan of Mopars. But, I ran across one that was too good a deal to pass up and I definitely won't see another one like mine at the local cruise night.

I also agree with the other guy... Don't do the Chevy drivetrain just because it's "easier". Go find a Volare and use the 318 and the front suspension/disk brakes, or drop the body onto a Dakota chassis. (Contact me if you want "How I did it" tips. I'm no expert, but spent a lot of time trying to figure mine out.) I have no idea how easy that it'd be, but perhaps find an even newer Challenger / Dodge Ram truck.... something like that with all of the cool accessories and make it all work in the old truck? My 49 is going to have Dakota delay wipers, AC, cruise control, ABS, etc. all working as it should, but also hidden from the casual observer. (I can share my solution for connecting the Dakota wiper motor up to the "crab claw" windshield wipers!!! Used nothing but the "extra" stuff from the Dakota too!)

GO FOR IT!!!

13. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Its not like everybody and their brother has one. Id like to have it. I bet Ratroddude gets a new project. Hurry and go get it. We want more pics.Why not make it dependable and drive it as is for a while?

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Dang! How many cars have you guys traded on,in the last year or so?:D
    I can remember sevral;)

15. Verminator

Verminator

Go For it !!! Build It !!! Panel trucks are the most useful vehicles you could have. We drive our ford panel EVERY DAY- groceries, home depot crap, load it with swap meet crap, sleep in it, TOW to the track.... we put over 8,000 miles on it in the last year.

16. smitty city

smitty city

the best thing about this find is that it is no cookie cutter; unique, at most rod runs you would have the only one there, that's the whole idea, do YOUR thing, make it cool. besides if one of these panels is good enough for daryll mayabb it's probably good for a lot of others.

17. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I wouldn't kick it out of my garage

18. wtf...????

If you're able to trade a bike or two for it... do it...!

I live in the land of "HD motorcycles" and you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a million of them and the sellers can't give them away... however if you had a "Hot Rod" or a "Hauler" like that... you can at least have something that is not only cool but marketable!

19. hammer bowling

hammer bowling

Bahahahahaha! My sentiments exactly.

20. Verminator

Verminator

One of the koolest noses ever on a truck. I bought a grille just for yard art

21. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

man if i had it i wouldnt be able to give the thing away! them type trucks you dont see often for a reason. nobody likes them...the ones that do usually pay a arm and leg for one. i agree it would make a good push truck for the track or something. haul all your tools in the back with spare parts. advertise your buisness on the side. but heck thats the only good thing i can see coming out of it

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

looks like a pretty cool project to me , what an awesome parts chaser , did you score it yet ?

23. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

1961 409 Impala sounds cooler.

24. rld14

rld14

Ya know what I think would be really cool to use that for? A tow vehicle for a vintage race car.. imagine that hauling like, a 56 Chevy gasser around.

If it were mine, I'd throw a 331 hemi in it and paint it up like an old service station truck.

25. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

At last I have found the 'expert' on all things traditional that I've heard so much about.

How many of these have you dealt with?

It's different which in itself makes it cool.
    It's a panel and IMO they are the most useful and well used Rod you'll own.

26. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

When someone develops the technology of time travel, please tell the drivers of these panel trucks (and suburban) they have no business being in close proximity of the hotrods!:rolleyes:

Get it! Simple as that. Not everything is a roadster.

Attached Files:

27. bustingear

bustingear

You gotta be kiddin?

28. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Well, as my buddy Red stated in the Shawshank Redemption movie: "I've been known to locate certain things here and there from time to time..":D

29. jay7262

jay7262

That would be perfect to haul that soapbox derby around in and drag all those rusty parts you find home with.:)