Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 48-54 Chevy/GMC trucks! lets see em ALL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Yes mine has a 283 with stock manifolds, the box is shimmed about an inch...you cant even tell from the cab. Check out my threads or album on 51 Build.

2. dropped53

dropped53
    from Hanford CA

Very cool trucks

3. dropped53

dropped53
    from Hanford CA

Heres mine its a 53 chevy with s10 front clip an 5.3/4l60e combo fires up already but still a long way from being done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the 5.3 cleaned up ready to bolt in
    [​IMG]

4. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Stocker 1 ton with a GMC 248 added for fun. Hope to get it in the next month.

[​IMG]

5. Finally got mine finished...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. daddio211

daddio211

SERIOUSLY cool Mike!

7. 54chevytruck

54chevytruck

here's a few of my 54, it's currently apart for primer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  8. HotRodPopcorn

HotRodPopcorn
    from Sparta,TN

Great looking truck Mike. If you get a chance can you tell me what your wheel and tire sizes are? Thanks

9. Amanda Suckerpunch

Amanda Suckerpunch

Mine is my avatar. Farm fresh. Tahoe farm truck. ;)

10. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Nicely done!

11. dan sutton

dan sutton

Looking good Mike!

12. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Looks Great Mike,Makes me miss my GMC rack.Do you have info on chassis build?What kind of gas tank are you using.Lucky

13. Thanks fellas! The wheels are 49 Chevy and the tires are BF Goodrich Silvertowns 670-15 - Coker, of course. The rear end is an 85 Camaro, disc brake, posi. I built the notch/bridge with parts from Suicide Doors. The rear is a parallel 4 link, and the front is a TCI mustang II with 2" dropped spindles. I z'd the front frame 1-1/2" to get it to sit right. I used Slam Specialties bags with the built in bump stops. The gas tank is an aftermarket original mounted behind the seat. I have a lot of pictures if anybody's interested just let me know. Thanks again for the kind words.

14. HERE IS MY BURB, AND I WILL BE PULLING OUT THE 54 CHEVY TRUCK I HAVE OWNED SINCE 78 AND ITS BEEN OFF THE ROAD SINCE 85[​IMG][​IMG]

15. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

here's mine in for sale section
    FRANK

Attached Files:

16. shoebox50

shoebox50

my 54

Attached Files:

17. 54chevytruck

54chevytruck

Hey, I wanna get rid of the fuel tank from behind my seat..what's a good tank for between the rails..what have people used? aftermarket or whatever fit..

18. D-man313

D-man313

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Polyethylene-Fuel-Cells,446.html

I used one of these in 16gal. and mounted between my frame rails on my s10 swap. Used the fuel cell mounting straps (also from speedway) welded the top part of the mount strap to my frame. so if i need to i can unbolt the 2 halfs of the mounting straps and drop the tank.

19. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I just ordered mine from Classic parts...better deal and bigger tank!

20. GMC's rock...this truck is awesome! Nicely done

21. 54chevytruck

54chevytruck

Ya? good price? you running a modified stock frame? I have a C-notched stock frame an would like the tank under the bed near the tailgate

I am hoping that by removing the tank from the cab I could get the seat to sit back a bit further..even if it's only a couple inches

22. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Hmmm....its prob going to depend on how far back your frame is modified, The tank bolts undet the frame and mounts to the rear crossmember and side rails towards the notch. You could prob move that crossmember back a bit to fit and make some mounts if the back of the notch interfers with it. Ive been searching all the truck catologs and really liking what Classic Parts has..plus they offer discounts if u blow enough cash with them! :eek:

23. 54chevytruck

54chevytruck

well from te notch to the tailgate there would be quite abit of room, like you said tho I will have to move a cross member

just curious what others have done? anybody got pics

24. ...I use 67-9 Camaro & 68-72 Nova tanks under the frame behind the rearend.
    I notch the rear sill for gas cap access...only one front crossmember is needed to bolt the front of the straps to.
    These tanks are available reasonably in the aftermarket. Use a new replacement sender and get an Autometer fuel level gauge that's compatible.

[​IMG]

25. 54chevytruck

54chevytruck

I have dolphin gauges, that look like the originals. I would assume it would work??

26. your gauge needs the correct ohns to work correctly.

27. BUXMAN66

BUXMAN66

when i bought my dolphin gauges the fuel sending unit was enclosed as part of the gauge package as well as the oil pressure sending unit.the gauge has to work w/the sending unit,like rusty1 said.they have to read the ohm's as a team so to speak.some sending units are in a different scale from others,so they have to be a matched set.dolphin can hook you up w/the fuel sending unit to match their fuel gauge.

28. toddwith2ds

toddwith2ds
    from AZ

Here is mine. bought it afew years ago with a butchered up frame, no wiring or interior. Drove it to and from work until the frame welds started to crack, then blew it apart to do an s10 swap. Hope to have a running truck by the end of the summer.... Wish me luck!!

Attached Files:

29. Here are some pics of mine. The engine shots are pretty old pics. But the only real change is the air cleaners.

Attached Files:

30. NealinCA

NealinCA

Made a wheel and tire change on my 49 GMC...

[​IMG]

Neal

little red 50 likes this.