Register now to get rid of these ads!

sbc H.P guess...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smashin54, Apr 15, 2011.

1. smashin54

smashin54
    from Miami,FL

that sounds good to me...

2. smashin54

smashin54
    from Miami,FL

yea i like the intake i have on it now rpms really go well with the cam , plus i have some nice aluminum valve covers for it...im thinking about placing the order today on some of those dart s/s iron eagles mentioned earlier...

3. I guess you guys havn't cc-d v-tec heads either !! >>>>.

4. smashin54

smashin54
    from Miami,FL

im pretty new to the engine building game as i am just getting to 18 years old..so i would raise my hand to a NO...what are the cc numbers on them if you dont mind me asking,i need all the info i can get.

5. sdluck

sdluck

Vortec heads also use different rockers

6. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Not the EQ's. You can get them like you've described or one's that will accept a standard intake with perimeter valve cover bolts. I didn't have to change or adapt anything on mine.
    Check 'em out.............they're the NUTZ!

7. bauschracing

bauschracing

Check on the price on a set of sportsman II cast iron. I had a set with the 64cc chambers on my NOVA drag car. They replaced the chevy 73 cc heads that I had rebuilt. Bought the sportsmans for what I spent on the stock heads. Car was .40 faster in the 1/8th. I think that the engine had a similar cam. I think 375 hp.
    Mike

8. PinHead

PinHead

Really? I had no idea anybody made anything like that, good to know.

9. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Hope you changed the valve springs that 480 lift will put you in coil bind with the stock springs ,in turn sending your cam into little metal debris floating through out the engine.Just pull the heads and put some 72-76cc heads on and you'll be alot happier.

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

EQ Announces Availability of New Vortec Cylinder Heads for 1969 to 1990 350 Chevy 5.7L Engines

EngineQuest® (EQ®) has introduced two new Vortec cylinder heads to upgrade ‘69-‘90 350 Chevy 5.7L engines. Given the proven performance of the EngineQuest (EQ) Chevy Vortec ‘96-‘02 head (EQ Part #CH350C), EQ has expanded this version to earlier 350 applications.

Made from the highest grade cast iron, the CH350E (EQ Part #CC170BA) replacement cylinder head comes with a heart-shaped 64cc Vortec style combustion chamber, a 170cc intake runner volume, ‘69-‘86 intake bolt pattern and features center bolt valve cover mounting holes. The CH350F (EQ Part #CC170BA2) has the same features as the CH350E but includes perimeter bolt valve cover mounting holes.

Both the CH350E/F Vortec cylinder heads allow engine builders to re-use existing, stock, chrome and cast aluminum intakes and valve covers while receiving the benefit of the latest chamber design for improved airflow.

Utilizing flow cast technology, these high performance cylinder heads improve on the original design with a thicker deck for added strength, Dura-Bond exhaust seats for greater resistance to cracking, and a redesigned water flow system for improved thermal conductivity. With CNC machined guides and seats, a superior port finish for increased flow and a three angle valve finish, EQ’s cylinder heads offer the best of both worlds – OE fit and improved performance.

To ensure the highest quality, EQ conducts a 25-point quality inspection on every new cylinder head shipped. EQ is the only head manufacturer that offers a one year parts and labor warranty on stock replacement applications.

For more information about EQ’s 350 Chevy 5.7L Vortec cylinder heads, including technical assistance, phone 215-674-5240, or visit www.rogersperformance.com