Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frenching 1953 buick Headlights. Help please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickbybirth, Apr 15, 2011.

1. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

I have no clue how to do this properly but I really like the look. I have good fenders and bezels, mig, grinder, round stock, filler and such; the only thing lacking is the know how. I just want to do it right so I'm asking before starting. thanks.

2. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Start by searching for threads on the subject. There are a ton of guys that have frenched headlights and the main principles will apply to your project. Take your time and make sure they are layed out right. You should be able to find lots of information on here.

3. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

Thanks. I simply missed it when I searched before I posted. Found the info so now I'm excited about getting home and playing around with the ideas. I actually want to extend my bezels out a little bit from the original point of contact on the fender so it looks like I will be either adding some sheet metal or using some round stock. Thanks for the direction.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I believe those bezels are stainless steel........whereas your fenders are normal steel. You will need to research the best method of dealing with those dissimilar metals. Perhaps a high nickle rod........

Ray

5. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

Thanks Hnstray. I'll look into it.