Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Yesterdays adventure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

very cool...........

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stopped and checked out the flooding near home... today it's freaking snowing... :(

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

LN7, are those pictures recent? If so, I need to get up to Canada and part shop.

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Yesterday? That looks like Reynolds (sp?) and the yard was nearly picked clean three years ago when I was there. The indoor parts 'area' and the sea-cans were pretty fun to look through though.

6. 6berry

6berry

theres nothing like that around here. anything that sits at all is already rotten

7. Abomination

Abomination

You know that probably 30 of us '60 Cadillac guys just immediately and involuntarily said, "OOh! PARTS!", right?

~Jason

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Yesterday.

Yes it is, and there are hundreds of good ones still there.

9. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Thanks to BadassBadger for finding these photos of a sunk Wisconsin Ferry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I swear they must still be adding stuff then haha, as it was an (almost) empty field last time I was there!

11. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Anyone up for a dive? :D

12. WOW, I'd love to spend some time in that yard- this alone would keep me busy for a good while!!!

[​IMG]

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

You must have missed the rest of the yard, there was over 1500 cars 3 years ago. Hell I go all the time and I still find things I never saw before!

It's worth a trip, I suggest on June 11 and 12, 2011 when the History Road Car Show is on.
    History Road - The Ultimate Car Show

14. shadetree77

shadetree77
    from Georgia

Don't know if any of you are from Georgia but I took a trip out to a place called "Old Car City" in White, GA a few weeks back. I've lived here for 15+yrs and didn't know this place existed beyond the small fenced in area up front. They give "tours" of the yard for 30 bux an hour. I was looking to buy an old Buick(of which they had at least 10). Well, little did I know that the guy that owns this place was one of those old car hoarders in the worst way!! It was the same story every time I asked about a car...."Oh, I'll have to talk to the owner about that one. I'll call you later in the week." This place was MASSIVE and the same family has been adding cars to it since 1931!! There were more cars back there than you could even imagine from the 30's up to the 70's. I spent an hour and a half walking around briskly and didn't even see half of this place. I've called the guys and emailed them at least 5 times in the last few weeks and nothing. Somebody else told me that the guy who owns it just won't sell anything thats in the back part. He only sells one or two at a time out front to continue funding his sick hobby. These old hoarders are a bane to the existence of car nuts everywhere. Just makes me sick. Enjoy the 4th circle of Hell you old coots!!!

P.S. Took a few pics of the Buick I wanted to buy from this place. Its either a 51 or 52. Couldn't really tell....oh and go to www.oldcarcity.com if you want to cry over all the cars that are rotting. By the way, the cars they have with prices on them are the ones up front I was talking about....damn shame. Oh and if onemintcaddy is reading this they actually have a 41 Lasalle Hearse for sale $3300. Thought you might be interested.

15. shadetree77

shadetree77
    from Georgia

pictures

Attached Files:

16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Wow their prices suck, I sell cars as fast as i can bring them in in the warm months, but I don't ask ridiculous prices like this...

17. shadetree77

shadetree77
    from Georgia

Tell me about it....my "tour guide" said the owner would probably want at least $2500 for that rusted out Buick in the pictures i took I could put my fist through the holes in the front bumper. Its actually a good thing they didn't call me back. A few days ago I bought a 52 Special that had been sitting in a barn for about the last 35-40 years or so. Guys grandpa bought it new. He got it out of the barn bout' 5 yrs ago worked on it a bit and it started right up. He put it back in the barn and then sold it to me. Thing runs like a dream. It's pretty amazing.

18. shadetree77

shadetree77
    from Georgia

41 Lasalle Hearse at Old Car Sh*tty....I mean City.:D They had a nice looking late 50s early 60s cadillac hearse/ambulance back there too in pretty good shape. Good luck trying to buy it though!

Attached Files:

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm glad to hear that, and that's a great story for the car!

Got any photos of it yet?

...I wonder if i should start charging for all the yard tours I have done at home, I mean my yard in only 1 acre, but I can walk slow! :D

20. shadetree77

shadetree77
    from Georgia

Here's a few from the day I brought her home. It has all the original hub caps on it too but I had them off in the pic. One more beauty saved from becoming dust!! Score one for the car nuts.:)

Attached Files:

• 1C.jpg
      1C.jpg
      File size:
      231.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3C.jpg
      3C.jpg
      File size:
      246.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4C.jpg
      4C.jpg
      File size:
      260.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5C.jpg
      5C.jpg
      File size:
      207.4 KB
      Views:
  21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

She looks great, I always like that style of Buick!

Thanks for sharing!

Here are some more sitters for the thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

And some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A hero cookie to those who can identify them all!

Attached Files:

23. Looks like that Fargo is Far gone......

24. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

The blue one was very bad, it was falling apart as we carried it to my car trailer, I took both Fargos from that farm, the other is a rust/red on that was just a cab and clip in an earlier post, I have the red one on an 86 Chev tow trucks chassis, and I used to blue one (an ex-army truck) as parts for the red one, and I cut the firewall out for my 36 GMC... which actually runs a 37 Dodge truck cab.

The farmer that owns these is a great guy, loves hot rods and old cars, and lets e just take what I want, I have a nearly unrusted 46 Canadian Dodge 2 door that I got out of there, I got all the parts I was missing for my 37 dodge 2 door from his sedan, he has a 48 Ford sedan that is giving up parts for my dads 46 Ford hearse, and all sorts of assorted parts from the other cars and trucks there have helped me a lot, I love finding people like this!

25. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

I was in Oregon a couple of weeks ago. In the Portland airport guy comes up to me and says you a hot rodder? I was wearing a Nostalgia Street Rods Las Vegas sweat shirt jacket. My nephew says yeah he has a relly neat '32 DeSoto. I say "You a car guy?" Guy say "No but there is a 31 Chevy with a Rocket engine and a 37 Ford coupe with a hopped up flathead up in my barn in Wisconsin" Then he says "Oh thats my gate. See ya." Keep looking Wisconsin guys.

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

wow, that's almost like trolling in real life... way to make you go crazy!

27. Thats why you should always keep a few contact cards in your wallet so you can quickly whip one out to people you briefly meet.

28. 41fred207

41fred207

heres a couple i found hunting last fall. the courier is pretty complete, minus motor and what-ever mother nature reclaimed underneath.

Attached Files:

29. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

30. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

Mow Meat !!!!!!

Attached Files: