Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

My name is borrowed from the DEADBOLT song Hobo Babylon. When hobos (F.T.R.A. Freight Train Riders Association) feel someone has broken their train riding laws, gruesome forms of torture are inflicted upon the violators. These tortures leave the victim permanently disabled and scarred. A "Curly Hand", for example, describes the curled up position a human hand takes when specific tendons are intentionally severed. The opposing un-lacerated tendons remain intact causing the hand to curl in against the anterior side of the forearm. The appendage is beyond repair and forever useless. In addition to the "Curly Hand", there is also the "Wine Stain", and the dreaded "Twisted Skipper"!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. peter johnson

peter johnson

3. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Its what I used to do for fun!

4. HambBurglar

HambBurglar
    from Cincinnati

I was lurking here for a few years before I joined. During that time I took away so much information and so many cool ideas it almost felt like I was stealing.

5. scrubba

scrubba

I can't remember if I answered this er not . Anyway, I used to own a company in Houston that made Custom Van accessories . The conditions there wern't great, I struggled to make ends meet , I put service and customers first. A client of mine on seeing me covered in sawdust said my name should be "Scrubba ". Well, kids , the name stuck . I've been scrubba ever since .............. scrubba - Ed Shaver

6. Greezeball

Greezeball

Years ago I was getting ready to head to a bike run and did a last minute run to gas up and grab a pack of smokes before I loaded up. I had a rigid Triumph with a pretty hot mill, well let's just say I felt the need to prove how hot and ended up scattering most of it on the road. I pushed it home where a couple of buddies were waiting so we could go which was apparently not going to be the case for me. Wrong I had a complete engine on the bench that needed a little final assembly and swap into my frame. I got it all done in just over an hour but I didn't take the time to clean up any mess from the engine destruction so I was covered in oil and grime from the thrash and was so pissed that as soon as it fired I looked at the guys and said " Alright let's fuckin go!" my bud Jeff just laughed and said " you are some kind of Greezeball!"

7. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

I own a 64 GTO and have for many years.... around here if they don't know my name, they say,,, you know,,,,, that guy with the 64 GTO....

8. boutlaw

boutlaw

tis my name...Brad Outlaw, without the "rad"

9. Screamin J Pito

Screamin J Pito

Out of no where, a guy I worked with 6 years ago (or so) started calling me Screamin J Pito. Had no idea why. Still don't. He passed away with out ever explaining why. After that it just kinda stuck around.

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

Mine is pretty obvious......:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

From my OT '71 Camaro that we've owned since 1973.
    [​IMG]

12. Graystoke

Graystoke

Greystoke: The Legend Of Tarzan, Lord Of The Apes

13. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Springy, the Boss

14. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

my name is Donovan Van Zandt. i have put together numerous machines over the years that are absolute "deathtraps" per my friends/family. -DVZ

15. Geeeyum

Geeeyum
    from Garland Tx

'Geeeyum' is how my aunt, who lives in rural East Texas pronounces my name 'Jim'...she's a very sweet lady in her 80's & always greets me with......"Well, Geeeyum. we're sure glad you came to visit us"

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

My name is Steve and I have a Nash, and it's kind of a twist on Steve Nash the basketball player too...:cool:

17. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I use the name at LS motor and late model F-body based performance boards. I am old and can't have to many funny names to remember.:)

18. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

I invented/sold a sound system for motorcycles that didnt offer one from the factory. I use so many forums, the name just stuck. Easier to keep up with all the logins.

19. "So, your name's really Gulliver?"

Me: My last name, yeah.

"So, ....you travel much? Bwahahaha!!!"

Me: Yes, yes I do.

20. sgnova72

sgnova72

SG= my initials
    nova72 my first car, in my avatar

21. Fedman

Fedman

I drove this for almost 30 years until I retired at the end 2008

[​IMG]

22. roanokejim

roanokejim

I have gained mine to my friend. We both lives in Roanoke and his name was jim. Therefore we combined them, now roanokejim. :D

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  23. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

my job, although not attractive, certainly interesting, at times even amusing. Please..... wear clean underwear, it cuts down on the the "man, his mom would have been ashamed!" comments.

24. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

My daughters nick name tubby and 44 I though I was 44years old for years when i was 40 ?:D

25. brownbag40

brownbag40

Mine is from my O/T ride 1976 FJ40 that is brown. I've just used this name on other forum because it's easy to remember.

26. Ok, I'll play. "Oldfart" is what my boy calls me now and then. "36" is because when I signed up I had a 36 pickup.

27. devilleish

devilleish

Drove a Sedan DeVille with the scripts chopped up to say "deVil" and the name Devilleish kinda fit my devilish personality.

28. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

I ended a 22 year marriage a few months back after the ex found her a boyfriend and said that she wasted the best years of her life raising our two kids.

After the divorce, her boyfriend kicked her to the curb and I started dating her ex-best friend of 25 years.

Now, I get texts from the ex telling me that I'm a great guy who she will always love and that her ex-BFF is the anti-Christ in capri pants and pink flip-flops.

Anyway, my twenty-one year old son called me a month or two ago and said, "Hey, Dad! I took Mom out to eat! You got anything you want me to tell her?".

I said, "Yeah, tell her that her breath smells like Little Friskies and her scooch smells like wombat barf".

My son paused and said, "Dad, she's here with me and........I have you on speaker phone......"

I got no clue what wombat barf smells like but I thought it was a good line to have made up on the spur of the moment.

29. bumpybigblok

bumpybigblok
    from Midwest

Cuz I !DIG! the sound of a Big Block Chevy with a "BUMPY" cam.

30. braindamage

braindamage
    from Arnold Mo

Look at my album.