Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ***HAMB'r Hellonwheels from Austin Texas Alert***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by resqd37Zep, Apr 11, 2011.

1. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

A few years back I was going through some threads and I came across a build from Austin Tx on a 36 3 Window Ford. I was amazed by the craftmanship and attention to detail in the construction of the car. As I was scanning through pictures I noticed he had a wanted ad for a set of Lincoln taillights. I had a set I was willing to part ways with but my price was firm. After contacting Michael (*hellonwheels) a deal was struck. I had to come down on my price a bit but I figured the lights were off to a good home. So I mentioned that if he were to go to the 2010 Lone Star Round up pick up a T for me to complete the deal. Michael said yeah no problem, I'll take care of it, consider it done. Cool!

The 2010 came and went and the shirt never showed up. I think I pm'd him some months later and asked what had happened to the T. It was really no big deal for I was just kinda bustin his balls. So he explained he had to work and couldn't make the show. Dude I totally understand. It's all good. To make amends he sent out a killer 2010 Lone Star Roundup poster. I was stoked. Had it framed and hung it in the garage. I thought that was the end of it.

2011 Lone Star Roundup rolls around and I get a pm from hellonwheels. Dude I got your 2011 LSRU Event T shirt and it's in the mail. I'm thinking no freakin way. I had forgotton all about the shirt at this point, but true to his word I go to my mailbox today and there it is. So yeah I'm wasting all this bandwidth just to tell Michael from Texas that you have restored my faith in humans. You da man and I can't thank you enough.

No get back to work and get that 36 done.:D Thanks again Brotha!

James

HELLONWHEELS 36 Ford 3W build* finally!!! (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460399)

p.s. Studhud hit me up. I'm back in town for awhile and I have a fridge full of cold ones. Later!

Attached Files:

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

for all of the negative posts on here about people ripping off other people and cars being stolen... this is refreshing.

VIVA LA HAMB!

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Michael J is good folk.

4. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Haha, thanks James.

What he didn't mention is that extra parts showed up with the taillights, chrome trim rings, gaskets, etc., worth alot more than a t-shirt! He sure didn't have to send that stuff, but he did.

Enjoy the tee, James, you're one of the good ones.

5. Good read! We need more like this for sure to spread the gospel of the HAMB....

6. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

:D I always try to think! the best in people here on the HAMB:D

7. Bummed that we could not hook up to compare notes on our builds. We need an update to see where we are each at in the builds. Maybe next year we can both drive our cars into the round up.

8. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Michael J is the man!

9. MissPrint

MissPrint

x 10 Billion. . .MJ rules.:)

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

Man, you got me. The title completely threw me off. :D That was very cool of him to do.

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

michael J is one of the most stand-up guys i know,,,

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

MJ is one cripsy motherfucker!

13. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

^^^^LOL! That's for sure! Estra cripsy!

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Both of you guys need to update your build threads....:rolleyes: tap tap tap tap lol!

15. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Now thats funny. I'll definately be using that line again. Shouldn't that be Krispy with a K?

16. In due time. A little hickup in life came to pass and I have not had a chance to work on it. Will be back on the car soon and will have full details in the build thread.

17. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Looking forward to seeing your progress Ron. Haven't been out there as much as I was, been WAY into guitar lately (new pedalboard and amp building woohoo!). Working on my trunklid right now though.