Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Dodge DH6 3 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john walker, Apr 13, 2011.

1. john walker

john walker

i'm working a deal on one. does anyone here have one? it's complete and totally not rusted, wrecked or bastardized, other than primered fenders and doors. one owner family if you can believe that. i was surprised that there is virtually no wood inner construction. just the soft top area. i'll post pics when i get it to the shop, but meanwhile i would be interested to see what other folks have done to theirs. by the way, it was stored in a barn....

2. john walker

john walker

3. F&J

F&J

I have the 'Dodge Story' book here;

DH business coupe production of 3,178
    DH rumble seat coupe prod. of 4,187
    DH on 114''

there is a frequent poster on AACA who has 2 31 coupes. One he has had since the 50s or? and another bought later. Keiser31 on there. He knows all there is to know :)

edit; he is right near you PNW

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  4. john walker

john walker

thanks, i'll get hold of him.

5. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

I had a 31 Plymouth 3 window coupe. They have a great body shape maybe better then the 32 Ford 3 window. I have a file of pictures, top chop etc if you need them. Mine had the original wood frame intact on the interior. Good luck on your new project.

Attached Files:

6. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

Some top chop pic's

Attached Files:

7. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

maybe I should have kept that one

Attached Files:

8. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

I also have a 1931 Plymouth pa rumble seat coupe I,m in new York Also!! Good luck with your project can't Wait to see pictures Joe ( I like your comparison)

9. early mopars had little wood and hyd. brakes, years ahead of ford!

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Funny you should mention that. Chrysler was often an industry leader in technologies but rarely in styling.
    All Chrysler products had hydraulic brakes from 1924 up.
    GM products had hydraulics starting in 1936.
    Ford in 1939.

After the T era where virtually all Ford bodies were wood-structured, only the "special" bodies and most 4door sedans in the A era were wood structured, after 1932 only certain open car bodies were wood structured.

All GM products were wood structured by Fisher until 1937, the exception being a relatively small number of 36 Standard Chevrolet 2door and 4door sedans which were sold with steel structured bodies.

11. Dittos on F&J....Keiser31 is the expert and extremely willing to help!

12. john walker

john walker

i'm thinking about keeping it stock for this year and just having a "put around town" car for the summer, but my 331 hemi will need a home soon and that top should be easy to lower. no angles to worry about. an old dude was in the shop yesterday saying keep it stock, you don't want to hotrod that.....sure.

13. john walker

john walker

here's a picture of a picture the owner gave me. back when they drove it in s dakota. should have it next week once i figure out where to put it.

Attached Files:

14. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Dodge Brothers did the first welded steel body in the industry My '27 avatar had only wood bows in the top

15. As stated previously...always willing to help out on the '31s.

16. Dodgeballs

Dodgeballs
    from Texas

Hi. I'm looking for weatherstrip for my 31 dodge 4 door. Got any leads? Or even what it's sposta look like? Mine has home depot lookin stuff. Your 31 looks pretty sharp. Thanks!

17. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's my 1931 3w coupe.

Attached Files: