Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sort of OT: After being out of work for more then a year and a half I got a job!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 14, 2011.

1. I have been out of work for quote a long time. Lucky my wife was able to float us, but barely. We ended up moving in with my in-laws in Texas it got so bad. But I have landed a job and besides being able to finance my car, first and foremost I can pay off a debt to a friend and a stand up guy. It was one of those debts that no matter what you did you couldn't come up with the cash.

Anyway, this is a big thing and any of my hot rodding brothers and sisters out there who are unemployed, don't worry things will change. Things will get better. You just have to have hope.

2. Good for you. The economy is getting better. Most of my business clients say orders and bid orders are coming in again.

3. shadams

shadams

Congrats, I try to remember to be thankful I have a job everyday, no matter how many a-holes I have to deal with.

Like Joe Dirt says "You gotta keep on keepin on man"

4. Great news Mikey, 'way to go.

5. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

It is good news and the best of luck with your projects.

6. 42 chevy

42 chevy

7. LDGn63

LDGn63

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

8. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

Cool man, that's awesome. Good luck.

9. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Congratulations! There is one thing worse than having a job, and that's not having one.

10. Besides being able to finance the project I am happy not to be forced to eat boxed Mac&Cheese for dinner.

11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Happy for you-congratulations-glad you got a job--many good people out of work and it is very sad.

12. Moondog13

Moondog13

Congrats man! I'm really happy for you, olscrounger is right; lot's of good people out of work (myself included! hahah). Good to see a good guy get a good job! :D

13. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Cool, that must be a major relief!

14. Smoking

Smoking
    BANNED
    from Florida

Let's start building things in America again, and never mind what Washington says. This is OUR country, and We The People run it! Since when do we pay people to tell us what to do? We tell them!
    That's great news for you finding work!

15. subdajj

subdajj

Congrats and good luck

16. Buzznut

Buzznut

I was unemployed and doing odd jobs to make ends meet for nearly 2 years and I have now had my full time job for nearly 1 year, so I understand where you're coming from. Congrats, now work your butt off and keep that gig...

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

Congrats !!Its about time eh!

18. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Congrats. I know it can be stressful, especially for that length of time...

19. RDR

RDR

GOOD NEWS!!! and thanks for remembering those who were there to help when needed!

20. 23reotim

23reotim
    from arizona

Congrats on the new gig. I myself am going on a year and a half with out a job. i keep hoping that today is the day. Glad it was someones day.

21. teddyp

teddyp

great news best of luck

22. buckd

buckd

I'm retired and was always self employed, but I saw my son and his family stress and strain for a year while he was out of work. Like you, his wifes job kept their heads above water ( and I helped when needed) But he just got back to work at the first of the year and it is a blessing to see them enjoying life a little more and getting back into his projects. So congratulations and let's hope it gets better this year for everyone!!!!!!!

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hahaha! Thats when you know things are looking up! Been there done that. Its one thing to eat mac & cheese when you want to, quite another when you have to. Glad things are looking up for you.

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Great news.....now it's time for a great summer...:)

25. congrats.yeah i went thru the same thing and still havent gone full time after 15 months,however i got in the teamsters and things are lookin up.........hope your back in your own place soon..........

26. Moondog13

Moondog13

Yep, Mac & Cheese and ramen noodles! Hahah! :D

27. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Its good to hear that your life is getting better.Now make the most of it

28. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Congrats, now back to the Sloan-mobile!

29. customs by jason

customs by jason

congrats glad you found something ive been out of work for a year and a half just got a part time job at the parts place and im going back to school wish you and your family well

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That is good news for sure. Can you tell us what you are doing and where you are doing it ? Or is it top secret ? :)