Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Kansas!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MisterMilko13, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hello new, old car friends!

My name is Andrew, and I currently live in Lawrence, KS. I'm a 27 year old Rhode Island transplant currently living in America's heartland. I have always loved old cars, but in the past few years have become full blown obsessed.

I am currently working on/driving a 1956 Ford F100 with a 5.3l V8. My friend Pat Cox convinced me to finally get into something older from the 1970 C10 I was messing with. (I had half heartedly bought it, and had the misguided notion of making a something it wasn't.) Being a mechanic by trade, he has done the heavy lifting, and I have been his willing assistant. In the past 2 years, I have gone from getting coffee to passing wrenches, and now actually helping (and understanding) with the big stuff. We fuel injected the F100, and I am now using it as a daily driver for my 90 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. Now that I have a dependable daily, I would really like to build a more 50's style hot rod with a 1930's sedan of some sort. Before that though, I will be helping Pat with his 1952 Chevy wagon. I figure this board is a good way to see some neat cars, make some connections, and learn from people who are doing it right.

When not passively huffing gasoline, I do tattoos, and hang out with the wife and kid. My 5 year old is always very excited about helping with the truck, despite his unorthodox views of color and paint schemes. I also really like eating breakfast foods.

Thanks!

Andrew.

2. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Andrew...Welcome from Salina!!

3. yblock292

yblock292

hey welcome from derby!

4. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Welcome to the HAMB from SC

5. moffetkustoms

moffetkustoms
    from granby, mo

Welcome from SW Missouri, Andrew. You are in the right spot to learn from a great group of people. Enjoy!

6. Thanks for the welcome guys! Seems to be a good number of people who aren't too far from me!

7. DozerMek

DozerMek
    from Chapman,KS

Welcome from Chapman.

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard from just past the border....

9. mrenfro

mrenfro
    from Kansas

Welcome from Randolph KS. How long have you lived in Lawrence?

10. Welcome. You can definitely learn a lot here. Good luck.

11. p15-1948

p15-1948

Welcome from south central Missouri

12. flyingm

flyingm

Welcome from 20 miles north of you.

13. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from NC Oklahoma