Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida - April 9, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

All in all I'd say that was about THE coolest, most laid back, best atmosphere I've ever experienced at any car show. And a great big fat public THANK YOU to all of the Salvagerz guys for letting me and my boys tag along on the way up. Truly a great bunch of guys and you all helped make the show for us. Now if I can just get that mini bike going by October.....

2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

I only had to put the real BIG DICK HAT ON 5 TIMES :rolleyes:...Its a car show...not the circus:D...man that really was some junk trying to get it..was'nt happen on my watch..;)...other than having to be a dick 5 times..i had a great day !!..

Rooster

3. Any word yet about the October drags? Are they gonna happen again?

4. Kenny P

Kenny P

Alan mentioned there would be a date on the Billetproof website in a few weeks.
    Even mentioned that Big Daddy "might" be there with a new car to make some noise and make a run. :eek:

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I want pictures, pictures and more pictures..............that is all I have to go on for this year.

6. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Hope so, that was a neat day last time!!

7. Kenny P

Kenny P

8. Choptop

Choptop

I stopped off at Big Daddy's on Sunday... we've got a date locked in and we are working on the details of the drags. Will have it all up on the website in the next week.

We normally try to have date set and a Billetproof Drags Florida flier in every goodie bag at the show... sorry that didnt happen this year... but trust me, it will be worth it. We are working on some COOL stuff for this year. It will be worth the wait ;):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. Kenny P

Kenny P

I'll be checkin' daily next week,
    I gotta put in early for my "Kitchen Pass" ya know!

:rolleyes:

10. Ok this is killing me I have to ask.So how did that dually pick up thing with the cattle catcher thing on the front get in what were you on coffee break then. And what trophy did you give it. Since you put it under the gazabo too ?

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

PM me your snail mail addy as I have the KKOA Trend Setter to send to you. There is a photo in it of Bill Hines with the sculpture you made for him.:cool:

12. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Somebody has to get the jive bomber award:rolleyes:....hahaha

13. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

This one did'nt make it by,,,,he was sent to the spectactor lot with his trailer...lol[​IMG]

14. HOLY CAMEL SHIT ON A STICK! :eek::eek: How did I miss seeing that!?!?? Good thing you took a picture Dave, because theres no way anyone could've described that accurately.

15. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

^^^^^ That is worse then sending it to the crusher ^^^^^

16. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

Here's his buddy that ended up in the parking lot too. There was a third, but I didn't get a picture of it.

Attached Files:

17. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I was hoping nobody would mention those metallic abortions. Three absolute piles guaranteed to insult anyone who likes cars. Where's that grenade-launcher when you need one?

18. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

At least they were not "In the show"...

19. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Holy shit Those things are making my eyes water.................The first one looks to be Mopar ish in its first life and the second looks to be GM ish .............some one should call the history channel and let them now that there were some "UDO's " Unidentiefed Driving Objects rolling around central Florida.

20. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Yeah but the bad thing is they where seen by the public :D

21. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

It's definetly not "Rat Rod" style...
    It's a new breed of car customization... Hillbilly style.

22. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

with an event called "billetproof", one would think he would at least change those rims before attempting to enter. -DVZ

23. dont mean to be a hater but umm.......

who puts that kinda thing together and says to themself after "hey that looks cool" ????? lol

24. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am not sure this would be Hillbilly approved even they have style. This is more along the lines of ......................I can't come up with any term as of yet.

25. Ok so that dually thingamagig won jive bomber did anybody take a picture of it cause my camera wouldn't work when I tried to take a picture

26. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Great show and weekend guys! Great to hang out in the host hotel Friday nite with all y'all. Thanx to the Poor Boys & the Salvagerz for your hospitality too. Good times just shootin' the breez about hot rods! C yall next time!!!

27. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Really guys - What happened to the original pride and importance of bringing about a car show that is purely dedicated to the greatness of the NOSTALGIA Hot Rod and Custom world? I'm only pointing this out to the knuckleheads who bring these abortions to a car show!!!

28. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

My thoughs exactly...Is that even safe to drive?

29. Well since you brought it up there were 2 vehicles there that were un safe beyond belief.
    1 the guy had what we thought was banding steel mounting his calipers on the front of his open wheel car with instead of the slider mounting bolts to mount the calipers he had regular bolts and he also had a steering arm set up I still can't figure out when asked if it passed inspection he said F it who cares.
    2 guy had a cool pick up but he put a late model master cylinder where a juice jar was. I'm sure he had to modify were the juice jar was and never split the lines. So he had 1 line hooked up to the master.
    I would think these guys would consider some safety.
    That's what traditional hot rodding was about also not just going fast but stopping also rite

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

We haven't had inspection in Florida since 1984, how I wish it would come back.