Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Opel Rekord and Opel Kapitän

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dickies, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Orn

Orn

Opel Kapitän lowrider

[​IMG]

2. Dickies

Dickies
    from Sweden

Awesome! Really nice:cool:

3. Gorgeous! :cool: Not what I would tend to visualise when thinking about Opels. Reminds me a lot of this customized Henderson. :D

1280788908.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  4. Yes my 1970 Commodore was a hardtop as mentioned, the later Commodore B model wasn't available as a hardtop coupe but with normal fixed windows:(
    Mine was with a straight six 2,5 litre with 115 hp (the cheapest six cylinder version) and i loved it. I was only 22 years old then and for Holland it was and is a big car.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Always wanted to put a solid axle under a rekord. been wanting to do that since the early '70s.

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Ah! horrible tires in this version but i tghink this is an historic european lowrider, very kool if you ask me.
    now, to make this even more of topic, what about the Chevy Opala? thos mad south americans had chevy badged Opels and other crazy mixed up cars back in the 70s.
    the Opala is as nice as the Commodore C or the Rekord C, but has the bonus of longer production years as a HT fastback. cant find pics sorry!

Senor X, i know your car. real nice, except for the moon disc, i hate'em on anything but salt racers. but good job on that, im a serious supporter of well done euro cruisers/kustoms.

7. Señor X

Señor X
    from Spain

Haha... I agree with you 100%!! but was my first car, I were (even) younger and I didn't realize that a moon discs on a "late 50's" style kustom were a "no sense"! ;)

8. devilleish

devilleish

There's an early 60s Rekord in a local junkyard. I'm going to have to look at it a little closer... Neat cars from what I'm seeing here.

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^ ahah! i thought so! ^^^ i
    better not tell ya what i thought was kool a few years ago! ahah, but we live and learn, thats what is important.
    You did a pretty good job thou,all things considered, all it needs is more drop.. ;)
    what is sad on my point of view is that very few people take our domestics seriously, and those who do more time than often have terrible taste! like color coded bumpers and 90salloy wheels, if you know what i mean. i'd love to see our own classics get the respect they deserve.
    i pan out now, i talk to much.

10. [​IMG][/QUOTE]

How you gonna get supremes for the 4 bolt wheel pattern?

11. Redrill the hubs. Anyway - I only do artwork - I let other folks worry about the engineering.:D

12. Matt black and red wheels is OK when you are just starting out and trying to decide what to do with it while you are driving it around. It is a trasition thing. It happened back in the day with a lot of cars it is just a sign that the car is going to be changed when the cash or time or design has been finalized.

my experience is that the best thing to do with a car that is a already drivable is to drive it and let it tell you what it wants. Perhaps the best thing to do it make a mild custom out of it, clean paint shaved emblems and plain wheels to start. Maybe a mild lowering. In my own personal opinion some cars never look better than that it depends on the cars personality. Like I said drive it and let it tell you what it wants.

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

How you gonna get supremes for the 4 bolt wheel pattern?[/QUOTE]

you cant. they never made'em. They made 4 lug/4spoke rokets that are similar in design, but theu are not exactley aplenty!
    or you swap hubs w/ 5 luggers, this way you can have any wheel you like.
    i stuck w/ the 4s thou. i like the weird and rare 4 lug mags or wires, on the right car they can make the diffrence.

14. That's the thing. Definitely knew they never made 4 hole supremes as it wouldn't even be possible with a 5 spoke mag style wheel anyways as you would have to eliminate a spoke which would look ridiculous, just curious if you had something up your sleeve to make that possible as I've looked at a few options to change hers to 5 lug all around and haven't had a whole lot of luck.

So same here. Stickin with the 4 lug and some nice 13 inch hubcaps of somekind.

15. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

U don't have to!!! All u need is the STATION WAGON drums. They were 5x4,75, and then u can put on the 5 spokes.

I used to have CRAGAR S/S 4 lug wheels. with 4 spokes. Looked cool.
    [​IMG]

I had 3 of those Opels and many, many others... The P1 was always my Baby '55 Chevy. Opels are the coolest German Cars. The most beatiful must be the Commodore A GS Coupe. The German Muscle Car. I had one with a 327 and a 5 speed. Was really fast!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  16. Here´s a real rare one I snapped the other day - a Diplomat V8 Coupe. One of 350 built.

[​IMG]

17. Hey your only in Winnenden. Just up the road. How´d you get a V8 past the TüV?? and with historic plates!

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

You fugger:D! this is seriously one of my dream cars....mine would be a juiced cruisers w/ crazy paint, but still, love'em to bits.

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like a little Monaro!

[​IMG]

Doc.

20. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

its prolly very similar as Opel is euro GM when Holden is Aussie GM.

21. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Actually, I believe the Holden embodies a lot of Nova/Camaro engineering. The Opel's smaller, similar in size to contemporary Vauxhalls, though there was little shared between them then.

22. Dickies

Dickies
    from Sweden

Here are more pictures in my Opel Rekord 1960.

Attached Files:

23. Heo

Heo

The monaro and Rekord /Comodore share the same body
    there is some holden that share the kadett body to
    My son has a Rekord Coupe that he going to put a 3.0
    Omega 6 cyl engine with Thunderbird supercharger on

24. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

The Holden had a wheelbase of 111", tracks between 58" and 61", depending on wheels and tyres, coil and wishbone front suspension, and a live axle on leaf springs. That is exactly identical to the Chevy Nova made at the same time, but I'm not sure how much actual interchangeability of parts there is.

The Opel Rekord/Commodore had a wheelbase of 105", tracks around 55", coil and wishbone front suspension, and a live axle on coil springs. It's a completely different design.

Holden did produce their version of the Opel Kadett C during the '70s, as did Isuzu, Vauxhall, Argentine Opel, Brazilian Chevrolet, Daewoo, and Shinjin. The Isuzu version was also exported to the USA and sold by Buick dealerships as an Opel.

25. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

reallY? i mean, the Isuzu deal? im gonna search this, sounds plenty intresting.

Dickies man, it looks like the paint its still plenty nice, why not goin crazy panels, metalflake or something along those lines? of course you need to slam it, but it would be worth the effort.
    I mean, its not like there dozens of those all done up right? i got nothin against the nice yanks, but being unique w/ an equally classy ride would be tempting to me.

26. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Here's my 59 Olympia.

Attached Files:

27. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

I really like learning about all these things GM/Ford, etc. sold around the world, and how they are related. Doesn't seem to be enough on the web about it.

I remember a little about the Isuzu Opels sold here-by the time I was really old enough to pay attention Buick had dropped them.