Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Live near Sandy Lake PA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4HawkRod, Jun 30, 2010.

1. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

I would like to thank Scott For his help so far on this matter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Still need Help BADLY

anyone go near Sandy lake this week???

3. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Ya might want to mention help for what...noone probably wants to help you with yard work ;)

5. Yeah, Maybe a little more information might bring out more volunteers. If you need help with a "hit" on someone, count me out. I'm getting too old for that kind of foolishness:eek:

6. noboD

noboD

Had to google it, it's south of Erie. Never been there. or heard of it.

7. 5window

5window

Looks like there are only about 750 people who live there. from a map, you'd maybe be better off finding some HAMBers in Youngstown,OH to help. Nothing seems really close, sorry.

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Indeed! Hope someone in the area can help him out. Sandy Lake is pretty close to the Cleveland, Youngstown area. Maybe someone can give Jeff a hand pickin' his truck up and getting it to someone who can finish it up for him.

Anyone in Northeast, Ohio or Northwest, Penn that can help him out??

11. Not all that far from Pittsburgh Pa or Sharon Pa or Mercer Pa either.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like the truck needs to be reassembled, so maybe someone can recommend a shop to him that can put it back together and get it home to him.

13. Sounds like quite the mess ... money owing, possible storage fees etc. I think I read somewhere that 4hawk has two boys (19 and 21 or something like that). I can't help but wonder if the best bet would be to send his two boys down (with truck and trailer) and just load all the pieces (hopefully they get ALL the pieces) in the back of the truck they are driving and in the box of the '38. This way 4hawk can just meet his boys at the border (to facilitate the border crossing) and not have to suffer through the entire trip ... the border at Niagara Falls is roughly only 1 1/2 hrs from his home in Kitchener. Only thing I would fear would be Ray not being home when the boys arrive to pick up the truck (although the expectation of the "final" $900 might be enough to ensure he is home/at the shop.

If someone close was to offer to help out, I think it would be a good idea for 4hawk to let people know exactly what stage of disassembly the truck is in so they know what they are getting into.

Sure hope this turns out OK.

14. barry wny

barry wny

may be able to help out, PM'd

15. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

thanks Scott

I really am down Hamb members...... I suffer from severe depression and Anxiety and have the problems with my Cancer again after a few tests that were ok

I am not sure what stage the truck is in. I had a picture sent last week that just showed my CAB

I am so worried...........

Any ideas would be great......... My two sons are away from school right now..

thanks Jeff Marshall
    Kitchener Ontario

16. Any chance of posting the pic? Was the truck complete when it was dropped off? Did they remove the engine trans?

Basically wondering how much work it would be to hang the doors (couple of bolts each) and maybe the front sheet metal and possibly bolt down the box (meaning just a temp bolt down, just enough to hold it together for the trip). The rest of the parts could be wrapped in blankets (the painted stuff) and placed in the box of the tow and the towed truck maybe (and in the cab).

If the '38 is able to make it back in pieces, I am pretty sure I could find a day to tour out to Kitchener to help with the reassembly (I am just east of Toronto).

17. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Here is how it looked when it was dropped off and the picture that was sent to me last week

Attached Files:

18. Tetanus

Tetanus

19. gilly95

gilly95
    from pittsburgh

what do you need done?? im about 40 mines north of pittsburgh

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks a lot better than I thought it was going to! I figured there would be a flathead in the corner, frame up on jack stands, glass out, brakes in a million pieces... This looks to be a roller!

Seems a bunch of blankets and protective wrap would help with any fresh paint, and some tubs for odds and ends, a trailer, put everything in the bed that will fit, and roll it out of there!

Help this guy out! BTTT!

21. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Good Afternoon Hambers

I received an email from Ray on Wednesday. In the email he states he will finish the truck.

If anyone is lives near this area or may be headed that way in the next week or two and would have a few minutes to drop in to Ray's shop and see how things are coming along please email me.

thanks Jeff

[email protected]

22. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

All I'm going to say is when I picked it up at the first guys house it was in pieces all over his yard! NOT like in that picture! be honest! JEFF.And with new parts including a whole new interior and horrible condion after stripping. I am (with recites mind you) 6000 dolars in it. $1000 over anypayment. And only asked for $$$ to cover parts and materials. I'de eat labor around 1500 manhours plus going 600miles one way to pick it up for him!
    Just to try and stand by what I agreed on.money wise and Not wanting to cut coners.this has been a huge nightmare on my end too! Ther is Fast ,cheap and good job you can pick 2

23. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Ray

On July 1st 2009 when you went to Columbus Ohio you lived 40 minutes away.

I have all the money order receipts that I sent for the new interior as well as the new oak bed and the glass and floor mat.

I hope that you will finish the job that you stated you wanted back in July of 2009.

How would you feel if your truck was over 5 hours away and was told you would get weekly updates. Ray............... Your last email in September of 2010 stated you were near completion and that you told me in you words...............

""Jeff,
    After a lot of thought I have came to the fact that with what was uncovered with the blasting and my lack of communication i am willing to finish the truck by Jan 1 2011 not one day longer! ""

Stand behind your word Ray

thanks Jeff Marshall
    Kitchener Ontario

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  24. I'm not taking sides here but, obviously there have been some misunderstandings along the way. Maybe you guys should now keep this at a phone communication/ personal message exchange and not slam each other publicly on here. Just sayin'. Hope it can be resolved amicably. Looks like a neat truck. Good luck with your health issues...Don.

25. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

I woul like to thank Hamb members

scootermcrad<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT> Scott

and

dorf<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT> Dick

For their help so far.

I am going back for more tests next week at the Cancer Hospital in Toronto.

Hopefully I will have the chance to see my truck again as this has caused Hell to me and my wife and kids. I have learned a lesson in lfe....... Never trust people anymore....... This July will be 3 years since I have seen my truck.

Thanks

Jeff Marshall
    Kitchener Ontario

26. 5window

5window

Good luck with your tests. I can see why you are bitter. There are still some folks whose word, and handshake, is there bond. Maybe not even proportionately less than 50 years ago, just better communication these days.

Hope you get your truck back and are able to enjoy it. My A is at the painter's, but I see it, and help with it, a couple of times a week. Maybe a lesson is to have the work done close by, unless it's a Grade AAA builder and you have more time and money than most.