Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Wayne Kerlin Rest in peace

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by felix37, Apr 8, 2011.

1. felix37

felix37

Friends, We lost a great friend and awesome rod builder on 4 April. Wayne Kerlin born on October 28th 1944 in Hammond Indiana. Wayne grew up in Idaho Falls,Idaho where he graduated high school and later enlisted in the Air Force and served on active duty until he retired as Chief Master Sgt. on October 1st 1988 in San Antonio,Texas. He later worked for the Bexar county Sheriffs Department and retired from there in 1998. Although He constantly built cars through out his life,He started building cars Full Time after 1998 and continued doing so right up to his death. For the past nine years Wayne has lived in Hardy, Arkansas with his wife Angie. For those who might have known or served with Wayne, There will be a funeral with full Military Honors on April 14th in San Antonio,Texas at 10:00 am at the National military Cemetery. We will try to get some pics of Wayne and some of his cars posted soon.

2. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Sorry for your loss. Too young to die , at least he was doing what he loved.

3. hot rust

hot rust

thanks felix for posting this, wasn't sure if wayne knew about the hamb as i never heard him mention it. but wayne was a stand up guy, and absolutely loved his cars, he will be missed by all who knew him. god speed wayne. hot rust

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I work in Hammond... small world. RIP Wayne

5. jjrodder

jjrodder

The old car hobby lost a true friend this week when Wayne Kerlin passed away. After his retirement from the Air Force he moved to Hardy, Arkansas and built his dream home with his massive basement workshop where he turned out one masterpiece after another. Here just a few of the cars he built and a couple he was in the process of building... a gennie all steel '34 Ford Vicky and a beautiful '54 Buick hardtop.
    Wayne was my buddy and he will be missed greatly by all who knew him. Rest In Peace my friend. Jerry Johnson

Attached Files:

6. felix37

felix37

Jerry,Nice picture tribute for Wayne