Register now to get rid of these ads!

One dream dies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Special Sam, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I first started trying to buy this car in 1987.:) Finally was able to obtain it last year.:D Now sadly I have just taken 300.00 down on it, dude supposed to be back in a couple of days.:( Anybody else out there know how pissed off I am because I'm having to sell a car I've wanted this long.:confused: Back years ago when my health was good all I could ever think about was making a good little shop vehicle out of this, lettering on the side.:cool: Instead I guess I'll convert it into utility bill payments.:rolleyes: Man this sucks. I guess my Buick probably won't be for much longer.:eek: I think about it and it's sad when you die but I feel it's even sadder when your dreams die.:mad: This car runs and drives, somebody at least tell me 1500.00 was a good price to get for it.

Attached Files:

2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

life happens,,youll bounce back,,,if i still had every car i had to sell because of financial situations id have a fine fleet..but life happens.

3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

They say when one door closes another opens,hope that's true for you.

4. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

++ on the things happen for a reason. sorry it happened to you man. hope i never have to go through that. but like i said, things do happen for a reason. just thing you get rid of this one now, and you may find a bitchin barn find next year. who knows. keep your head up

-Pete

5. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

my grandpa had one like it when I was about twelve years old, I thought it was cool, and spent alot of time drawing pics of it fixed up when I should have been doing school work, still think it would be fun to find one and fix it up like I had imagined it back then, keep a positive attitude and things will come around again....best of luck to ya. Scott

6. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

Brother....I may be feeling your pain soon...bills are piling up and money to pay them isn't....sorry to hear that

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Money is tight for me right now as well. My Acadian needs brake work and new tires. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to afford it, along with car insurance. I'm not in postion of having to sell the car, but I sure want to be driving it this summer!

Hang in there. I hope your health gets better, and you are able to get another wagon in the future.

8. luckystiff

luckystiff

wish i woulda`seen it for sale. i just bought something much less interesting for a daily and am only an hour or so away...ken....

9. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Sam...by finally getting the car you've proven yourself to be the kind of person who never quits. 10 outta 10.

By deciding to put the car for sale to take care of your financial business you've proven yourself the kind of person who puts home and family before hobby. Another 10 outta 10.

You might be losing the car but your winning at the more important stuff.

Hang in there...eventually things will swing around again for ya.

10. darkk

darkk

* it's even sadder when your dreams die.:mad:* Most of us have been there at one time or another...

11. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Hackerbilt said it right---things will get better in time.

12. mrdodge

mrdodge

Feel your pain. Been there before. At least your priorities are in the right place. It will get better.

13. RAY With

RAY With

Yep this sucks big time and many of us been there and done it. Many in your situation just say fuck the bills and go on. You have proven you character by selling the toys and taking care of business. At some point in your life you will be rewarded and tomorrow will be a much better day.Thank God for responsible people like your self.

14. silent rick

silent rick

that sucks. look at it this way, you got the opportunity to use every emoticon in telling your story

15. peter johnson

peter johnson

I hearing you mate,i needed cash once and sold my 64impala,1st car,to my dad for $4000.Thought maybe one day buy it back.He sold it 12months later for $8500,but life goes on.

16. Zerk

Zerk

That one was practice for the '64 2-door Falcon wagon you'll get someday. Hang in there, keep pitchin'.

17. screwball

screwball

Been there more than once ask koolkemp. He gets mad at me but if I was honest with myself I would be better off not being into cars but its a addiction. As long as your bills get payed family first.

18. 35desoto

35desoto

I remember selling a 1933 plymouth when I first left home to buy a washing machine.
    Then many years later hunted and got a cool 58 Plymouth only to sell it 2 years later to pay for building our house. Then there was my first car which was sold as i couldn't have two at home and I had bought my first old coolcar. ALL of them I miss however I now rest easy knowing I can buy something else later once the finances came right. Probably easier to say it know than at the time however .............

Brett

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Its just part of life, sure it is fun to have dream projects, but paying bills is part of life. A set of NOS ARDUN heads for $2,500 back in 1979 allowed me to payoff the balance I owed the plumber after we built the house. Chances they would still be the shelf today if I'd kept them.

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its tough to part with a treasure but like the older an supposedly wiser dudes always told me , material things come and go , and when lost can be replaced , , hope you find something else as cool when you get back on top ,

21. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I wanted a '57 Chevy since I was 6 and have had mine for 20 years. I am selling it as soon as I find a buyer. I feel your pain.