Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Paul Howard (AV8) 37B Memorial Pin*MS Benefit*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 100% Matt, Mar 23, 2011.

1. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Unfortunately I won't. They didn't show yesterday. They are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

2. Payment sent. I got a chance to go to Ted's in Marion a week prior to to Paul Howard's Memorial Service. I listened to some awesome memories of a Great Man that I wish I had the pleasure of meeting.

3. capecodgirl

capecodgirl

I'm one of Paul's daughters and I just want to thank you on behalf of my family. It means a lot to know how many people my Dad has touched and how many people want to honor him by wearing his 37B button. It also means a lot that you are raising money for the MS Society. This charity became important to our family when I was diagnosed in November of 2005. I created a team, Howard Hoofers, for the Boston MS Walk and we've been walking ever since 2006.

Thank you SO much!
    Susan

4. Susan,did you ever come down to South Carolina with your Dad?

I met your dad in Charlotte,North Carolina at a good guys show where we were parked beside him,that was probably 10 or 11 years ago.

He had friends all over the country and I saw him several times over the years when he was visiting in this area,,he even came to a few cruse ins here in Anderson.

Paul was a man many people knew as a good friend.

I am looking forward to wearing the pin to commemorate the memory of a truly good man. HRP

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. Paypal donation sent!

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

MO being sent. Thank you, a good cause.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sent a donation via Paypal.

8. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

sending an SASE in the morning for two pins, i have close friends and family with MS. paul was such a great guy, car shows will never be the same, making these pins was an awesome idea.

RIP paul

9. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Whole bunch of pins went out in the mail a few days ago. Keep your eye's peeled:)

10. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Got mine yesterday Matt, it's already in the coupe as my own private memorial to Paul, he'll be riding with me from now on. Thanks again, Mike

11. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Paypal sent for two pins. Thanks for doing this.

Lee

12. Just paid $6.47 via Pay-Pal, paid all the fees so you can donate a clean $5. We've got to help each other when we can.

Johnnie.

13. lorodz

lorodz

can someone give me a walk threw how tro make the payment thanks...

14. Received my pins last night,Paul's memory will ride with me. HRP

15. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I have recieved a few emails from people that have only recieved torn/empty envelopes. I was told by the post office that the pins should be taped to the inside of the envelope which is what I have been doing. The postal sorting machines are apparently causing the damage. If you only recieved an empty envelope contact me so I can get you replacement pins.

On a better note I was able to send the MS charity $350 in Paul's name with sales so far :)

16. NoSurf

NoSurf

I got my 2 pins yesterday- Thank you!

The envelope was torn where the pins were, but they were in there. You might want to sandwhich them between a thicker piece of paper and tape them. Like cut up an old Rodder's Journal envelope.

17. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

For the record.... when my pin arrived in the small manila envelope SASE I had provided, my wife got the mail, handed me the envelope and said " I told you the pin would probably get pushed out by the machine at the post office".... the envelope was flat as a pancake and appeared to have no pin inside. I opened the envelope anyway to look inside and there it was in the corner of the envelope ( whew!! ) so check your envelopes closely - just sayin.

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

paypal and PM sent...

:cool:

19. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Got my two buttons today. Thanks.

Lee

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

two pieces of a cardboard beer case cut to the size of the inside of the envelope work too. poke two holes in the cardboard, and pin the pins to the cardboard, make a sammich out of the two pieces with the pin(s) on the inside... JM2c

21. Didn't know the man, but anytime I can try to help out one of our own, I am happy to do so.

Paypal and PM sent.

22. flat34pu

flat34pu

thanks again for doing this Matt.
    received my pin.
    rich

23. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I believe I have the packaging situation taken care off. I also found a great way to get rid of old Hot Rod Fall-Out flyers;)

24. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

just recieved my 2 pins today, thanks!

25. Babyearl

Babyearl

Just now saw this,, sase and cash going out in the morning,, Thanks Matt and Chuck.

26. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

Got mine yesterday!

Peter

27. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I got my 2 pins today save and sound... Thanks Matt and Chuck

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

I got mine the other day. This time there was no chance of postal mishaps. I appreciate it.

29. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

got mine yesterday.

nicely done. and thanks for the fallout handbills!!! nice touch, and a nice memorial. it'll have a place of honor on my jacket...

30. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How much extra to ship to Australia?
    Thanks
    Michael