Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *** super bummed to find out my camera card is empty ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I tried to download all these programs and it doesnt work...... I have a MAC!!:mad::(

Pics are gone!!!! All 356 of them!!

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You mean this ride?

[​IMG]

Sucks about the camera!

3. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

When I go home for lunch I'll find the mac software that I used to recover my shots, it was $49 but I think you can figure out if it can find anything before ya have to pay though. It found 165k photos that were hiding on one of my hd's.

4. wheelsrus

wheelsrus
    from nevada

I use a program called Imagerecall 3. It's not free but fairly inexpensive. I've had it loaded on my Pc for a couple of years so there may be a later version.

5. Sorry to hear that Ian. I hope you find someway to recover your photos. I know I have been guilty of losing many photos before in my past. Regardless it sounds like you guys had a great trip.

6. Sorry to hear that Ian was looking forward to more LSR pics.As long as you guys are helping, I cant get the pics from my camera to load into my pictures folder on windows, and if they do load they are thumbnails and I cant get them to full size. I was using Nikon transfer and it worked after GNRS but has not worked since.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

so what happened to them? bad card? faulty camera? I've deleted pics from my card after I thought I had already downloaded them to the computer once, but I have never had them just disappear without an error on my part.

8. Weasel

Weasel

Before you go apeshit trying to recover the photos, are you sure you did not have the lock tab in the on position on the memory card?

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

10. Please post how they were lost so we can learn from it. There must be more to the story.

Charlie Stephens

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Here's what happened.

i plugged my nikon d70 directly in my computer with the cord, like i always do. pics came up im my iphoto ready to download, after pushing the upload button it told me wrong format, so i reformatted the pics using the menu in the camera..... BOOM GONE!!!! PICS ARE GONE!!!

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Oof yeah that would do it, sorry man, that sucks.
    In the future if that happens, use image capture to transfer the photos to the computer as a backup copy. I use a d90 and I have to do a couple things differently because my old laptop can't handle the raw photos, but my home machine can. PM me if you have any questions I'll do my best to help.

13. Maybe find a sympathetic friend with a Windows machine and a card reader, instead of downloading from the camera? Maybe they can download some of the free recovery software and give it a try. Were your pics saved as JPEGs or RAW files? Could the camera's "Save Image As..." setting gotten changed somehow?

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Take the camera card to your local small computer shop and see if they can pull the images off it. I would almost bet that they could. It might cost you $40 or so, but to save them & to not have to try to do it yourself will be your savior. I have had our local computer guy pull stuff twice now & he told me once to just download the software & I said that I would rather pay him in case I F9ck it up.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Im gonna try the local shop!!!! fingers crossed!!!

Thanx guys~!!!

16. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! That sucks! Saw your car at the hotel all the time but somehow never saw it at the show:confused: Hope your plan works, maybe they can restore them.

17. That will definitely do it. The reformat in the camera menu was not to reformat the pictures but to reformat the disc so it is blank. You may be able to have someone recover them. When you delete an image you remove a tag that tells what the storage space is used for. You may have wiped the data out completely with the reformatting. Thanks for posting what you did, it is much better to learn from other peoples mistakes.

Charlie Stephens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.