Register now to get rid of these ads!

What your favorite book in your collection ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 23crate, Oct 20, 2010.

1. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Don't judge a book by its cover.
    [​IMG]
    Covers all american makes '48-'58 including packard, hudson, willys, nash.....ext.
    [​IMG]
    Killer cutaways like this one of a dodge hemi.
    [​IMG]
    Year Identification by grill and bumper is pretty cool. Also has rebuild info on all automatic transmissions, borg warner drive, carbs and everything you can imagine.

My favorite book. Nothing fancy,no color photography, just bad ass info.

2. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Driving with the devil.
    [​IMG]

3. boldventure

boldventure

Driving with the Devil is a very good book...I saw that saw the entry as I scrolled down...

Among my favorites are The Complete Car Modeler #1 & #2 by Gerald A. Wingrove. He has built some of the most wonderful car models on the planet!

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i always liked tex smiths how to build real hotrods , and chester s book how to build a T bucket for under $3000

5. Gator

Gator

ONE of my favorites I haven't seen posted yet, I'm a nut for books.

[​IMG]

6. And Smokey's Power Secrets book.

7. moefuzz

moefuzz

Best of the best here would be the Canadian Ford service Manual for 32 up Fords/Mercs and Lincolns

A more recent fav would be TRJ 32 issue

8. Hey All....Say what you will about EBAY....but I just picked up a brand new copy of "The Birth of Hot Rodding" For a whopping $6.80 with free shipping. What a great book!! and great deal!!

:cool:Murph

9. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

My copy of this is ragged from decades of thumbing through it. This is in a tie with "Gasser Wars" by Larry Davis. They will probably throw both of them in the coffin with me when the time comes.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

10. Ebay Again...I just bought this book for $3.00 and $3.00 shipping...Total $6.00. Like a sore dick....you can't beat it!

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Hot Rod and Custom Chronicle, Don`t judge a book by its cover. Alot of customs and and a few rods scattered threw the book. Most Hamb friendly. 288 pages.

Attached Files:

12. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

This one...50% b.s. and 100% funny.

Attached Files:

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That would be mine as well. So much in fact I've got two copies, one on the coffee table in my living room and the second in my bedroom.

I loved this one as well.
    When I got it I was dating Roadstar at the time and I read the whole book out loud to him during a couple of long roadtrips. It was a pretty cool experience sharing something like that with someone. I miss C9.

14. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Right now it's "Speed Duel. the inside story of the land speed record in the sixties. Just got it and I can't put it down...
    [​IMG]

15. SteveClary

SteveClary

For me it was "How to keep your volkswagen alive". After buying my first bug and this book I would try to fix anything. I recall it having cool stories and illustrations.

16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

35 or 40 years ago I had a subscription to "Automobile Quarterly" (perhaps "Automotive Quarterly") which was a hard copy book sent 4 times a year. They had no advertising, and the best articles on all sorts of stuff. I got divorced and couldn't afford the $17.95 a year. I still get out the ones I do have every couple of years, and they are still terrific.

17. "High Performance" By Robert C. Post
    The Culture & Technology of Drag Racing--1950-1990--

Im not a big autograph hound except for this book.
    Mine is loaded with some pretty heavy hitters of Hot Rodding.
    Pat Foster,Roth,Wally,Mondello,Jim Dunn,Garlits,Leong,McClennan,Isky,Xydius,Prudhomme,Youngblood,Chrisman,Gotelli and about 20 more.
    I recommend the hard copy.
    ;)

Attached Files:

18. Ive more than one favorite.
    The "American Follies" was brought for my 16th birthday, 25 years ago!

Attached Files:

19. This one is damn good.

[​IMG]

20. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

The KING JAMES BIBLE .... Has inlightened me so many times i can count them

21. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

yes ! i had that one too.... even the sunset picture on the back cover i copied on to the back of mine ... sadly it didnt help much the car was junk .. still it was fun, and i learnt some stuff about cars with that monster

22. 65deluxe

65deluxe

grumps.JPG

A recent release written with input from Da Grump. A long list of contributors along with 300+ photos help tell the story.

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

This one! It makes me want to climb inside the pages of live there.
    Paul

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Gasser Wars, by Larry Davis.

25. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

With over a thousand books and several thousand magazines it is kind of hard to pick out a favorite but anything with customs gets me pretty excited,

26. Swifster

Swifster

While not necessarily a HAMB friendly book, I really like The Unfair Advantage by Mark Donohue. While he is speaking primarily about road racing, his ideas can be translated into any racing.

[​IMG]

27. have to agree that is an outstanding book, not only covers mark donohue but the early exploits of the penske racing dynasty.worth reading.

28. "Here Is Your Hobby-Car Customizing" -not that many pics but it takes me back to late spring/early summer 1975 in my 6th grade library looking out the window and daydreaming about cars. I can still remember hearing the birds outside and the cars going by. Must have looked at that book hundred of timnes in the library

When things get stressful in life I pull out that book and look at it. It's like comfort food.

My second is Popular Hot Rodding November 1975-first mag I ever bought and still own it today. Same thing, comfort in times of stress.

29. chevy3755

chevy3755

i go with kiwi kev..............

30. rusty bill

rusty bill

The other book by Peter Vincent-"Hot Rod"-pub.2001.