Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kevan sledge just got ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

That's true in the case of forclosure. However it was stated it was a short sale, the bank willing to settle for less than owed on the house. In that case the house would be listed with a realtor for sale, usualy a lock box with keys is attached to the house so any realtor in the listing group can show the house when needed. If that was the case no telling who all could have had the oppertunity to scope the place out. Some lock boxes have tracking as to who's code is used to open them, might be a salesman or prospective "buyer"
    who looked at the house a few times but never put in a offer. Also the
    Fore Sale sign out in the front yard and combined with yard sales and a vacant look = easy target. Agree with everyone probably somebody who knew what was there and when you were gone, best luck with a recovery

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

We were shocked to hear the news when we received the phone call the other night, and can't begin to know how you must feel. Sorry to hear about this. The neighborhood was very nice and peaceful in the beginning but unfortunately things have drastically changed . What anyone is going to do with these rare parts - BUT, spread the word at:
    Tuxies.
    J & M Speed center.
    Foundries and Scrap yards in the vicinity.
    Model T , Pomona, Fontana Swap meets.
    Take care, Alex & Celeste

3. Abomination

Abomination

Not many know about this trick, but if you go to http://www.google.com and actually search for www.craigslist.org, it pops up a second search box within the results. With it, you can search ALL of Craigslist, in every state, etc.

Might come handy if you're looking for your stuff online...

~Jason

4. It really sucks for Kevan and his wife. They are great people. There will unfortunetaly always be idiots and fuck-ups around us all no matter what we want.
    I will look and listen around everywhere i go. Things like these rare items WILL show up sooner or later, and sooner or later the idiot that stole it will get caught.
    It's really sad to hear this and it will definitely not make it easier trusting in people when shit like this happens. We will all do our best to solve this fukked up matter asasp!!! Hang in there Kev!!

5. Will watch the swap meets up here in the NW

6. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

if you don't mind me asking, what part of riverside did this happend? i live in riverside and i have relatives spread out there as well

7. It's just a sickening feeling..man. It's not even me or my parts, but i'm walking around getting really mad and pissed about this, in behalf of Kev!!! Kev..whatever i can do, let me know!!!

8. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

Damn them bastards came up on some nice shit, I got jacked too it sucks.

9. Yep, an inside job. A stranger would look for money/jewelery, electronics etc

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

He'd rather dig the hole deeper.

11. Not a lot you can do about burglers. I hate a damned theif.

If I see something on here and don't recognize the name I'll shoot you a PM with a link. Hell I'll loan you my ball bat if you like.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW! That is REALLY bad and REALLY sad!!! I was robbed once and pretty much everything that was taken was personal stuff that meant a lot to me. Things are just things, but I know how you feel when it comes to the irreplaceable stuff that has a lot of meaning behind it. Fingers crossed you get some answers.

Definitely sounds like an inside job!! I'm guessing if that painting comes up for sale you will get some info pretty fast!

Any pictures you can post of the stuff would be REALLY helpful. Especially the painting!

People that do this kind of stuff deserve some old-school punishment!

Good luck to you!

13. Bryanhes

Bryanhes

Kevan,

Hope you get your belongings back.

Getting ripped off sucks! With all the thefts lately it makes me want to keep my garage door shut even on the nice days to keep the sorry, no job having, lazy, worthless thieves from seein a glimpse of the inside of my garage and what they can steal. You all know the guys that drive by real slow peering into your garage. I am sure I have nothing as rare as what was stolen from you but like most of us we work hard for what we have just the same.

Good luck and hope the LOSERS get caught!

14. Fenders

Fenders

I hear what you're saying, but that aint the way America works.
    Stay the fuck out of my garage.

15. krayola

krayola

Do you by chance have a picture of the Franco painting?

Stealing things is one thing but stealing art is a skinning offense.

I can repost picture on a pile of art forums incase the painting shows up.

16. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Bummed to hear about this - makes ya sick. Sinus, if ya need a hand with anything, let me know.

17. GLOBALWARMER

GLOBALWARMER
    from SACRAMENTO

I will keep an eye out up here. I check all the local listings everyday for vintage parts.Good luck

18. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Yeah, those edmunds valve covers I had for 20 years and im just sick about losing them. Dont have any pictures to post yet but one of the fins was broken but repaired and you can tell if you look close. It was one of the corners so maybe that will help to identify them.

The assholes who did this might even be here on the HAMB or someone who knows them might be on here, so if someone on here is involved or you know who is, Im going to offer a NO QUESTIONS ASKED cash reward of $1000.00 for my shit back. Yes the stuff is probably worth a lot more if you can get top dollar, but where are you going to sell it? I've got friends watching all vintage stores, all the web sites, all the swapmeets, basically every avenue is covered and when the shit does surface you will be cought and yes I will press charges! I dont care if it's 10 years from now I will get my stuff back or at least some of it. So if your reading this and you have my stuff do the right thing, have one of your buddies call me and we can meet wherever and there will be no cops involved, you have my word. Actually doing the right thing would be just to give me my shit back for free but I know thats not going to happen. (714) 924-2249

19. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Kevan.
    Last year, through the HAMB, I helped return to the rightful owner, and catch the thief, who stole a 12 port Jimmy head and all its relevant equipment.

I'm sure we can all do it again for you.

Good luck, I know its just a matter of time before it turns up, and the mofo's are caught.

In the meantime, its a lesson to all of us, take lots of pictures of your prized posessions ..... just in case

20. I hope it's NOT a HAMB member!!!

21. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Kevan,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Good luck with the rest of your move, man. Hope it goes better.

Let's all keep our eyes and ears open and try to solve it.

Theo

22. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

I'm selling at Long Beach this weekend. Will keep my eyes open. Sorry.

23. Sorry to read what happened. I'll keep my eyes open as well.

I feel sad for whats happened to Kevan, I dont know him but I really like his Merc, and reading what has been stolen it cant be an ordinary theif. Many guys goes public with their possessions, for instance posting about whats in their garage or posting revealing photos in magazines. As out hobby has grown, and with more of these things happening an advice would be that not to show more than needed. Thats a thing for all of us on HAMB to think about when posting.

24. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Sorry to hear this Kevan..really hope your get your parts back!
    and the bastard get caught!
    -palle

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I think I fix my p.m. deal, thanks for helping kevan.

26. thesupersized

thesupersized

damn dude...this sucks, i would suspect any local "hot rodders" that know you and your collection, even if you thought you were friendly with them...hopefully the shit will turn back up, but it seems to me a person knew what they were going for, and im sure they are watching the thread grow and grow. But yea, it must be someone local that's seen your collection before and knew what they were looking at.

27. This sucks. Think about folks who have been to the house who are not close friends but their friends.

I did once recover a set of rims/tires for a friend, I saw them in a corner at this guy's house who I knew.

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Barz 51 had a good idea, He is going to check out a group price break on gps tracking devices. This could be done for T.C.C.A. members, or maybe Ryan can do something for H.A.M.B. members, I had another idea, what if Ryan took a dollar donation from us , and created a reward fund for the arrest and conviction of crooks that steel from us ? kind of like crime stoppers, this has worked very well in the San Diego area. For years I sold at the Pomona Swappmeet, I quit going a few years back because I kept getting my parts stolen. In the old days this never happen, old car guys had integredy.

29. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Maybe we should be on the lookout for high-heel wearin', cross-dressin', thieven' tranny? Sorry to hear about the loss of your stuff, being a victim of thieves really sucks.

30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Karma? That's what I named my P2000.

You guys know who did this and the stress is blocking your logic. Think it through and keep on with the reward deal too. I don't believe in this nieve "what goes around..." bullshit. As said someone knew E X A C T L Y what to grab. Being prolific and social has it's dangers. There's someone you both know that at times makes the hairs on the back of your neck tingle just a bit. Someone you wouldn't call on if you were in trouble but you know them well enough to BS at gatherings. If they are in this community I'd guess they even posted on this topic what a shame it is. I think I've said enough to point you in the right direction. Sadly, from way out here in Motown there's not much I have to offer 'cept looking at Caddy stuff at this season's meets. Keep after it fellas.

Karma? Yeah right...