Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Midway Auto Salvage (Junk Yard Gold! Everything is for sale) Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteFromTexas, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Big Brothers THUMB
    ti is worse now with our new Comendont

2. davidh73750

davidh73750

whats the latest on this place?

3. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I spoke to one of the employees about three weeks ago. They are selling parts again but you can't enter the yard. They pull the parts for you. Stupid way to run a parts yard, but that's the way he has to do it now. I think it is political rather than EPA. Someone high up probably wants the land and is trying to force him out of business.

4. UncleJoey

UncleJoey

I'm crying in my beer. As of this date, what's the status? Any idea? Did they clean it out or is there a chance for these gems yet?

5. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

All of the late model stuff is gone. The cars across the ravine are still available.

6. Read my lips - it's not anything to do with the owner or employees....the feds DID take over this area of control of "salvage yards" in the USA and they are now not under local or state oversite. There was also a "title issue" with the feds being in control - in addition there is now a required "inventory" marking on cars that is referenced to the inventory on hand. Please don't cry - he will sell - but he knows - as a business man that runs crushers - the stuff is getting hard and harder to find. He's collects Cobra cars for fun - and is a really nice guy - I've bought cars and trucks from him - some higher than I wanted to pay and some....I thought I got a bargin for....if you have a hardon for something - let me know....just don't expect to pay crush price + 10%....

disclaimer - I've only been working salvage yards for 40 years around these parts....so what's happening in your area....could be...

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

MAKES IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT THIS YARD IS NOT A MENACE NOR AN EYESORE TO ANYBODY! :mad::confused: THE EPA NEEDS TO DEVOTE ITS ENERGY AND DOLLARS TO PLACES THAT ARE AN ACTUAL THREAT TO LIFE AND HEALTH, INSTEAD OF USING OUR TAX DOLLARS TO HARASS OUR FELLOW CITIZENS, DENYING THEM LIVELIHOOD, AND US BUILDERS AND PARTS CARS. :confused: I DON'T MEAN THIS TO SOUND POLITICAL, JUST ADDESSING A PLAIN, OBSERVABLE FACT OF LIFE. ;)

I WISH WE HAD A DOLLAR FIGURE FOR WHAT AUTO-RELATED HOBBIES CONTRIBUTE TO THE NATION'S ECONOMY. THEN MAYBE OUR "HOBBIES" COULD BE APPRECIATED FROM THE STANDPOINT THAT THEY ALSO REPRESENT AN INDUSTRY! AND YARDS PRESERVING OLDIES AS BEST THEY CAN WITH AVAILABLE WHEREWITHALL, ARE IN FACT AN ECONOMIC RESOURCE FOR COMMUNITIES AND THE NATION. :cool:

NO MORE OF THESE OLDIES ARE BEING MADE. :( WHAT'S TUCKED AWAY --LIKE THIS INNOCUOUS YARD -- IS ALL WE HAVE TO WORK WITH. :eek: YES, IT IS A TREASURE, BUT NO, I DON'T EXPECT THAT THE GOVERNMENT WILL EVER ADMIT THEY ARE GOOD FOR SQUAT. MAYBE THEY SHOULD TAKE A STEP BACK ONCE IN A WHILE AND REVIEW POLICIES TO SEE IF THEY STILL MAKE SENSE. WAY TOO EASY A TARGET TO RESIST, I SUPPOSE. I JUST WISH THEY'D LAY OFF! :mad:

8. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

Good morning, there is an email address?
    Thanks Mirko

9. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Chrisbcritter likes this.
  10. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Mirko, I think you posted the second message in the wrong thread.

11. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

Yes, sorry

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

12. he's down to about a 100 cars......about 25 are Mustangs.....mostly Ford stuff.....walked it about two weeks ago.....he's sold the crusher business and is getting harder to get a hold of....also rented some of the yard out so the stash is in a little area....